Placo + glass wool or placo + polystyrene?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Flytox

Re: Placo + glass wool or placo + polystyrene?

by Flytox » 25/04/20, 19:45

mounbridge wrote:Hello,
I'm going to double my walls and don't know what to choose between the two solutions in my title
to know; which is the most reliable over time (I've heard thatafter a while the glass wool fell back down )

thank you for enlightening my lantern

+1; Glass wool like 10 cm thick bonded to kraft paper sags after a few years if it is not kept to a minimum (in line with its thickness).
At home, by dismantling a partition we could measure that the sagging of the glass wool was between 20 and 30 cm and thus created a beautiful thermal bridge over the entire upper periphery of the room.

A colleague seems to have solved the problem by laying this glass wool himself, but supporting it by growing stainless steel braking wire over a good part of the surface. By dismantling for modification about 25 years later, that had absolutely not changed.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
mountbridge
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mountbridge » 26/04/20, 07:29

hello flytox

and thank you for this answer which meets my expectations
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/04/20, 12:45

Why do you think glass wool and rock manufacturers are listed on the stock exchange ... and not the others : Cheesy:

The insulating wools pack and capture moisture so they are worth nothing or almost after 20 years ... period!

The mistake that many make is to hand over wool ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

What makes shareholders happy.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."