Project heating wood and solar heating

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
mathieu444
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mathieu444 » 26/02/11, 13:04

Hello and thank you again,

At the start of construction, I did not plan to put a lot of money in my home heating because I told myself that by insulating very well, I will not have high expenses on this pole.
So it is true that I have a fairly tight budget on this.
After calculations, and before I come to this forum, I started on the electric boiler (price set and installed € 2300) for an annual consumption of € 1200.

Now, I'm thinking of bringing a little ecology to this project ... It is for this reason that I thought of circulating water in my stove to heat it, and that I found interesting l idea of ​​putting thermal solar panels.

The purpose of my visit was to find out how to implement all of this.
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 26/02/11, 21:49

Good evening Mathieu,

It is difficult to give technical advice without knowing this house.
I can tell you about my experience which is surely not the best model but which was dictated by my financial means.
I am a car manufacturer, my work lasted 10 years and my heating system at the start is an oil boiler. (PC + radia.)
I also have an insert in the center of the house so in an ideal position and I have technical access which allowed me to connect it hydraulically to the heated floor. In my case this tinkered insert could not heat a large reserve of water but for safety I increased its inertia (like a mini mass stove), I isolated it and connected via a thermostatic valve on the heated floor. There is no risk of overheating and it became my main means of heating.
Currently I am installing a solar supplement with a reserve of 1500L because over time I have less and less desire to make wood.

jlg
0 x
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 27/02/11, 23:28

The underfloor heating is in steps of 10 on parquet floors and in cold-walled areas over 1m inwards (example large picture window). Otherwise in steps of 15 c is sufficient.

I also think that the subject sometimes leaves on the HS ... and I think that Mathieu444 wants something that has already been used by the greatest number to avoid breaking the pipe on a difficult project.
0 x
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 04/03/11, 19:46

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... DfUGhn.pdf

Here's what I think is good for you. But for regulation I do not know ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 04/03/11, 21:59

sspid14 wrote: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... DfUGhn.pdf
Here's what I think is good for you. But for regulation I do not know ...

We would need names to be able to exchange.

It is the water from the solar circuit that must be stored in a balloon, or even several.
0 x
See you soon !
mathieu444
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mathieu444 » 04/03/11, 23:05

Back home ... I can pick up the thread.

Thank you for the diagram ... It is true that if you can add the names on it it would be great ...

For storage, with what formula should I calculate the volume of my solar buffer tank (is there one)? And is there a formula for sizing the panels?
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 04/03/11, 23:20

Hi,

Mathieu talks about a wood stove in which he wants to circulate water and not a wood boiler and for me the scheme proposed by sspid is more suited to a boiler which is more powerful and which can both heat the parts and stock.
A stove with an adaptation will heat the room in which it is located and possibly 1 or 2 other pieces but without ever being able to make stock. The few calories recovered in the hydraulic circuit must directly heat a room.
I agree with Bernard, it is "solar calories" that must be stored in the balloon to use them at night.

jlg
0 x
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 05/03/11, 01:59

It is clear that this scheme is more suitable with a gas or oil boiler well dimenssionnée. I do not know the losses of the house but it is true that with 15 kW of stove ca can be very fair during cold weather.
0 x
mathieu444
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mathieu444 » 05/03/11, 17:14

The losses of the house are quite reduced 7kw ...

For storage, with what formula should I calculate the volume of my solar buffer tank (is there one)? And is there a formula for sizing the panels?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/03/11, 20:07

The principle is to calculate the total energy E to be stored in the buffer by clearly defining its function (power multiplied by time), stove or solar, which makes it possible to calculate the volume of water required by knowing its storage temperature and that the water stores 4,18J / ° Cg is: E = (Tf-Ti) x4,18xV with E in KJ, V in liters, T in ° C Tf, final hot T and T of Ti cold water inlet .

But it is necessary to define the energy needs, duration of hot water heating with stove turned off, or without sun, multiplied by the power.
For the sun, you need to know your sunshine in average winter, the typical duration without sun (therefore the local climate), the efficiency of the collectors (depending on their nature and the T of the heating water or DHW (very different)) which fixes the energy to receive on sunny days and therefore the collector area.
See the site and read while assimilating as well as econology:
http://www.apper-solaire.org/?Calculs
http://www.apper-solaire.org/
http://www.apper-solaire.org/?Faq

Be wary of formulas that are not well understood, in particular the assumptions must be clear, otherwise errors guaranteed.
0 x