Temperature difference between floors

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/10/11, 17:15

That is to say, dear dodo I understand that the slab is in contact with the outside, only hidden by a layer of plaster. Is it this ?

In Belgium, we usually build: 1 concrete block (14 or 20) that supports the slab. A void, possibly equipped with an insulator, a facing brick. (fixed to the main wall by special fittings)

In recent buildings, the concrete block is replaced by a "trellis" clay brick or cellular concrete.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 21/10/11, 21:19

elephant wrote:That is to say, dear dodo I understand that the slab is in contact with the outside, only hidden by a layer of plaster. Is it this ?

In Belgium, we usually build: 1 concrete block (14 or 20) that supports the slab. A void, possibly equipped with an insulator, a facing brick. (fixed to the main wall by special fittings)

In recent buildings, the concrete block is replaced by a "trellis" clay brick or cellular concrete.

not really, the end where there is the engine of the vmc and the end where there is the toilet air intake are attic lost.

These attics are separated from the living area by a partition, and are also located under the roof.

do you see, otherwise I complete the diagram
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/10/11, 22:52

Yes, because by reviewing the thermography, I understand that the slab is in contact with the outside
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 21/10/11, 23:03

elephant wrote:Yes, because by reviewing the thermography, I understand that the slab is in contact with the outside

I'm not here, do you see that?

the slab is is the ceiling of my bathroom and toilet.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/10/11, 09:38

The bar of the slab is clearly visible on the thermographs. The slab is placed on the wall and there is no 2e wall thickness to isolate it from the outside.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 22/10/11, 10:03

elephant wrote:The bar of the slab is clearly visible on the thermographs. The slab is placed on the wall and there is no 2e wall thickness to isolate it from the outside.

can you tell me on which photos you see that.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/10/11, 18:08

2,3,4 photos of pdf and pdf conclusions
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 22/10/11, 23:07

elephant wrote:2,3,4 photos of pdf and pdf conclusions

ok I see the super thermal bridge that I have at the slab.

this afternoon I noticed a new temperature difference, the first I had 16 degrees with the heat off early in the morning, in my basement semie entered and unheated I had 15 degrees.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/10/11, 00:13

All the breeze blocks have these thermal bridges that exist also on the ground floor !! less strong in very recent houses.

Only solution isolate from the outside !!

The outer T should be -6 at -7 ° C, T indicated by the thermal color of the plants outside !!
This makes it possible to encrypt by delta T.
So low losses on isolated attics but much stronger on the walls, slabs and drama on windows, in reports of insulation.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 23/10/11, 10:08

dedeleco wrote:All the breeze blocks have these thermal bridges that exist also on the ground floor !! less strong in very recent houses.

Only solution isolate from the outside !!

The outer T should be -6 at -7 ° C, T indicated by the thermal color of the plants outside !!
This makes it possible to encrypt by delta T.
So low losses on isolated attics but much stronger on the walls, slabs and drama on windows, in reports of insulation.

You say low losses by the attic so how do you explain the difficulty to heat the rooms.
If I understand correctly you ppreconise started the work not the windows as I had the attention.
0 x