Vegetable oil burner with ball (s) improved with tubes

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Vegetable oil burner with ball (s) improved with tubes

by manoria68 » 21/02/11, 14:04

Hello,
Here is a summary of the burner that I could develop thanks to the subject that is here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/bruleur-ch ... t2357.html

The improvements that I have been able to bring are numerous in all points, we will see them throughout the article.

The principle of the burner is to be able to burn used cooking oils containing cooking debris, and of various viscosity.

To overcome the problem of cooking debris, do not let out the oil by an injector, but but pour it on an injector that eject the oil to vaporize it. In this way, the system can not get clogged

Then, to counter the problems of viscosity that will directly affect the oil flow flowing on the tube, but also related to the impurities in the oil, I put Peugeot 205 diesel engine gear pumps, 206 1.9d
If the pumps were centrifugal, or the gravity system, the more viscous oil would arrive slower on the ejection tube, and therefore there would be less oil ejected, so leaner mixture.

There are 2 pumps, why, because there are two injections, we'll see that later. Why 2 pumps when we could have put a tee at the output of a single pump?
It is quite simply that if there would be a pressure drop on one side, the flow balance would be destabilized. And it can happen in particular when starting with well-frozen grease, the oil would come out from one side while the other side would still be "frozen" (experience often happened before), or also some impurities which would clog a hose.
Why two injections?
The, I noticed, is what is more difficult to explain, and it is the most important. Take the following example: light a lighter, or take out the lit gas from a pipe and blow on the flame. The flame spreads because it has no flame catch.
Then watch a plumber blowtorch, the venturi blows into the flame, and it does not fall off, it's the very principle of the catching flame, it's simple, but not easy to explain.
The double injection plays the following role: The shock between the two jets create particles that will remain in the tube despite a large influx of air, this is how the flame remains attached. If there was only one injection, the vaporization would go directly into the boiler.
Ignition:
Simply by a classic oil burner.
Why?
It is a simple and proven solution. In addition, I benefit from using these other functions which are:
- boiler degassing
- Safety flame extinguished
- Wind tunnel
- Acknowledgment of fault and electrical box
Sequence of ignition:
Heat the oil at 70 °, ignite the oil burner during dry 10, then invert by injecting oil into the stainless steel tube.

Some pictures:

Some videos:
The ignition is here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh3jht ... tubes_tech

The operation is by:
http://www.dailymotion.com/Manoria#videoId=xh3j7h

Here, voilou, here is everything, your remarks.
Results and tests soon
1 x
Manoria 68, fried researcher, technician of its oil mill
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 24/02/11, 22:58

It's not a shit it's clean;).

+ 1000
0 x