Pellet boiler with electric cogeneration

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Pellet boiler with electric cogeneration

by bernardd » 26/02/11, 15:47

I just stumbled upon it by chance: this is the first version I see on sale!

For the price of a car, a home becomes autonomous in electricity:
Pellet boiler - 10 000W - stirling engine to produce electricity - 4000kgs / year of pellets - exceptional efficiency 91%
Pellet boiler - with production of your electricity - Power: 10 Watts - 000 kgs pellets / year - Color: green Very high efficiency: 3%

Source: leboismassifisba-datcha.com

We are entering the era of decentralized electricity production.

In France, electricity production varies from 1kW to 3kW per dwelling depending on the time of year. If each of the 30M homes had such heating, there would be no need for power plants. It would only require a way to control the level of production from a distance for coordination.

This would of course be in addition to wind and photovoltaic production which would always have priority.
0 x
See you soon !
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/11, 17:46

We had already mentioned here and there the "sunmachine", on forums dedicated to pellets ...

I've never seen a single one.

http://www.sunmachine.fr/
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/11, 17:57

Uh, the site you're talking about is very weird!

(...)

The data is guaranteed: so many pellets per year for 100 m², so many per hour ... Etc ... Not serious. Nice is not Strasbourg and 100 m² in passive or BBC are not 100 m² of a thermal strainer ...

(...)

In any case, at a minimum: "distrust"!

NB: no specific feed-in tariff, so it will not be "profitable" to run outside the heating period.

(...) = moderate defamatory remarks following a complaint / request from the company in question
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/02/11, 22:55

Did67 wrote:NB: no specific feed-in tariff, so it will not be "profitable" to run outside the heating period.
Stop there ...
This is COGENERATION. Using this machine to produce electricity when you do not have the use of the heat produced (the main energy supplied by this machine) is a counterproductive HERESIA ...

Finally, it is illusory to hope for a feed-in tariff for "renewable electricity", because this energy is neither clean nor "renewable".
:?

Cogeneration is the most basic of common sense and makes it possible to substantially increase the efficiency of thermal machines. In Great Britain, electric cogeneration gas boilers are also developing.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/11, 23:15

Yes, you're right.

I have shortened my text a little too much. My thought was: "in addition, it will not be profitable outside the heating period ..." So difficult to amortize.

For information, in Holland the SunMachine gives the right to a subsidized tariff (like photovoltaic or wind power). I would find that logical.

I find you severe with regard to "renewable": as long as the withdrawals remain lower than the natural growth of our forests, the pellets are obviously "renewable" ...

Ecological is more questionable, because of the emissions. The whole problem of wood combustion (however, almost everyone is convinced that it is ecological: it is only "CO² neutral", which is already not nothing!).
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 27/02/11, 01:03

:? I too had shortened my point too much ...
Did67 wrote:I find you severe with regard to "renewable": as long as the withdrawals remain lower than the natural growth of our forests, the pellets are obviously "renewable" ...

Ecological is more questionable, because of the emissions. The whole problem of wood combustion (however, almost everyone is convinced that it is ecological: it is only "CO² neutral", which is already not nothing!).
But you have perfectly expressed the substance of my thought. 8)
This week, I heard on the radio a plea against wood heating which was described as ultra polluting with the following image:
"the chimneys of our houses are exhausts not subject to anti-pollution standards" ...
Admittedly, this is not entirely wrong ... :?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/02/11, 01:09

The worst, as pollution without exhaust, is the armada of French people who burn wet grass and plants in the open air !!
Last edited by dedeleco the 27 / 02 / 11, 13: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 27/02/11, 05:15

citro wrote:This week, I heard on the radio a plea against wood heating which was described as ultra polluting with the following image:
"the chimneys of our houses are exhausts not subject to anti-pollution standards" ...
Admittedly, this is not entirely wrong ... :?

It is even almost entirely true.

The problem is that after that, people say: "Heating with wood is ultra polluting", whereas a modern and correctly regulated pellet boiler is up to 3000 times less polluting than a bad fire with bad wood in a bad fireplace ...

A+
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/02/11, 12:39

How many times have I been insulted by reacting to the simplifying words "I chuaffe in wood, it's green!".

With wood hmide and a device leads to smothered, particle side, hello damage.

We forget that the famous English "smog" was the combination of fog and chimneys (coal, it is true).
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/02/11, 14:57

Worse when you burn wet herbs all over France on Saturday and Sunday as I saw on the motorway in the PACA region completely smoky by these fires for hundreds of km after the rain !!
0 x