What recourse boiler oversizing?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
mariepoussin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by mariepoussin » 10/09/12, 20:51

Hi everybody,
Following your many advices, we called on a lawyer to try to solve our heating problem: our heating system was oversized and the smokehouse was installed anyway.
Our lawyer sent a letter to our heating engineer, listing all the defects. We request the cancellation of the sale: material drop-off and reimbursement of amounts paid (€ 12000 out of € 18000). For two months we have been waiting and we have no return, and winter is approaching ...
To be able to heat properly this winter we wonder if we are not going to replace the current very noisy hydro stove which prevents sleeping (15 kw) with a smaller one (11,5 kw) according to the recommendations of the ADEME (10 kw for our house).
So as not to miss a second time, could you give us some advice, and that we should ask the heating engineers that we are going to consult.
Reminder: our 100 m² house is semi-detached with a temperate part (neighbor), and a cold part facing north. We don't have room for a buffer tank, a priori.
- What type of regulation should we ask for? today we have a room thermosat in the coldest room which plays on the stove start / stop.
- How to avoid temperature variations in the house during stops / starts by outside temperatures between 0 to 10 °?
- The stove is in the kitchen without a radiator. Sometimes the kitchen is not heated enough. So can I add a radiator in the room where the stove is?

Our current stove:
http://www.thermorossi.fr/catalogue/f-h2o-18.html

Two possibilities ?
http://www.mcz.it/fr/p131-ego.html
http://www.edilkamin.fr/fr/termostufe_a ... ciaio.aspx

Thanks in advance for your advice
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 11/09/12, 08:16

For the Edilkamin, you have to ask if they still have the rear corners of the aluminum fireplace. It was the case on the old models and I eliminated them because of that.
Yes, of course you can have a heater in the kitchen.
To avoid differences in T ° you need a buffer tank. A DHW tank (mixed) can be used for this if it is large enough.

Lawyers ... do only what they are told and nothing else. If you want it to go faster, you have to keep up the pressure. it is even necessary to reread the memories they lay to rectify errors and oversights. You asked for a letter, he made a letter ...
0 x
mariepoussin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by mariepoussin » 11/09/12, 12:06

What is wrong with the rear corners of the aluminum fireplace?
What volume of buffer tank do you recommend?
If we don't have room for the latter, which regulation would be the least worst?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/09/12, 19:51

I know boilers well, not hydro stoves.

Philippe Schutt will confirm or correct: against temperature "yoyos", climate regulation is essential, especially if the house has a large thermal inertia.

Ideally, from a buffer, which will "smooth" the operation of the boiler. Finally from the stove.
0 x