How to keep crows away peacefully

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/06/10, 16:57

It's the season of cherries and a troop of big plump pigeons, hunted from Paris, pluck my two cherry trees with force and I have not found any other solution than to walk without stopping under the trees to make them leave towards the cherry trees of the neighbors.
They do not confuse scarecrows with men in the flesh!
They do infinitely more damage to sparrows, which carefully peel a single cherry, while the pigeons drop ten cherries for one !!!
0 x
Lolox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lolox » 11/06/12, 13:42

Otherwise, as I am confronted with a population of Crows in the trees bordering my land, it remains the solution of the lance stones.

Without necessarily trying to decanter, a regular passage avoids the final installation of Corvidae.

Finally, if the solution does not work, in wet weather there are rockets fireworks ... Ca, they do not like at all :D
0 x
"Experience is the name men give to their mistakes" O. Wilde
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/06/12, 14:32

This year instead of 10 pigeons, there was more than one pigeon !!!
Much less damage.

One solution is to put the fruits in airy bags, which I do for figs, grapes, pears, persimmons, to put more than a month in advance.
but for cherries, either abandon or envelope the tree in a protective net.

Jays eat everything and are not scared easily, more clever, even to open the bags or find a hole in the nets, even to the point of being trapped.

There are also big field rats who love figs, nibble them and get trapped in traps.
0 x