rainwater tank cheap and high capacity

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 10/04/08, 12:02

Well sorry, I only have one, but I got it for free.
Advantage:
1-I paid nothing
2-I saw what was inside
I had it in a factory manufacturing hair products, shampoo and co. And I carefully emptied the rest of the product (about 5 liters) taken to the recycling center. Then I thoroughly cleaned.
Manufacturer: Sotralenz (made in Elsass, for those who know :D )
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 10/04/08, 12:52

jonule wrote:yes ben as many bury them then or at least just cover them with soil :D

No, these tanks are not suitable for burial: not rigid enough, they would crash ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/04/08, 10:07

??
but no they are protected by a metal frame!
otherwise it is done very well a protective frame with reinforcement from bricodepot ... finally do not push it to 5m deep either!
and under the tanks there must be a layer of sand!

otherwise like I said we don't bury them, we just cover them with soil. you can stick clay / clay with a straw or other binder, which insulates very well.
0 x
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 11/04/08, 13:54

Hello,
There are also septic tanks with a capacity of 3000L for an affordable price. Watch out for DIY store promotions.
With the obligation to connect to the main sewer, prices had to fall. I will not consider buying secondhand by cons ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/04/08, 16:37

Hello,

with plastic tanks to connect several it is necessary to make a connection at the top and a connection at the bottom, which holds over time so as not to leak!

Personally, I plan to build a "hard" tank, ie cinder block with concrete and cement reinforcement, it should be within my reach. There are a lot of standard plans lying around, for the hole I will rent a mini excavator.
I think we can do the same with something other than concrete, I will work on it.
so we can tailor it according to the terrain, size as we want, make the settling tank as we want etc ...

then to eliminate the contact with the concrete block, to avoid the remineralization of water, since we want to avoid lime (fouling pipes + detergents unnecessary), I leaned on a pool type liner, even material resistant to water, tar type ?!

I don't really know yet, but there is a way, especially if we don't use cement / concrete block.

ideas ?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/04/08, 16:44

some info:
"
weight for a concrete tank
3M³ = 1T8
6M³ = 3T2
personally, I made one of 7000 l. Slab 15cm thick, concrete block sides of 15 with water-repellent interior coating (powder added to the mortar), slab + concrete top.
Currently it is full. It cost me 4000 € all inclusive.
"

http://www.batirbio.org/html/Eau-et-energie/Construire-la-citerne-de-recuperation-de-leau-de-pluie.html
it looks a bit like a swimming pool .....

for septic tank recovery:
http://www.ideesmaison.com/Installer-une-cuve-de-recuperation.html
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 11/04/08, 17:00

Bonjour,

jonule wrote:then to eliminate the contact with the concrete block, to avoid the remineralization of water, since we want to avoid lime (fouling pipes + detergents unnecessary), I leaned on a pool type liner, even material resistant to water, tar type ?!

: Shock:
my God ... !!!
that's what is called "starting from the best to go to the worst" ... !!!

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 11/04/08, 19:37

jonule wrote:some info:
"weight for a concrete tank
3M³ = 1T8
6M³ = 3T2

Uh the concrete M3 would not be rather at 2400 kgs or 7200 kgs for 3 M3?
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 11/04/08, 20:12

bham wrote:Uh the concrete M3 would not be rather at 2400 kgs or 7200 kgs for 3 M3?

well if i understood correctly, 3 M3 is the volume of the tank and 1T8 the weight of the said tank right?
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 11/04/08, 21:35

Bonjour,

3 M3 is the volume of the tank and 1T8 the weight of the said tank right?

well yes .. obviously ..

it was well said: "for a tank concrete "!! .., and not for a concrete" block "........

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...