Hot water shortage problem on solar DHW circuit

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/01/11, 14:48

problem:
PITMIX wants to have hot water when the tank is cold, by instantaneous heating of the water by the boiler, and therefore it wants the hot water to come out of the boiler directly !!
If I understood correctly !!
A possibility to put the circulator next to the balloon stop valve ??
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 17/01/11, 15:12

dedeleco wrote:problem:
PITMIX wants to have hot water when the tank is cold, by instantaneous heating of the water by the boiler, and therefore it wants the hot water to come out of the boiler directly !!
If I understood correctly !!
A possibility to put the circulator next to the balloon stop valve ??

Uh!

I haven't read this and I don't see any savings going directly out of the boiler outlet, plus the water will have a large temperature variation.

Let's wait for his response and we'll see if he opposes it because that's the way it should work!

If it wants circulation to get instant hot water on each faucet and well the best is to do this:

It is preferable to make "by-passes" on devices that do not work such as the solar exchanger when the outside temperature is not suitable and in summer on the boiler if the solar is sufficient.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 17/01/11, 17:00

Alain G wrote:I haven't read this and I don't see any savings going directly out of the boiler outlet, plus the water will have a large temperature variation.

I did not note this goal either, and I do not recommend it, as it induces a noticeable loss of calories. For me the circulator is there to ensure the transfer of calories from the solar panels.

Alain G wrote:It is preferable to make "by-passes" on devices that do not work such as the solar exchanger when the outside temperature is not suitable and in summer on the boiler if the solar is sufficient.

that yes, this is the conclusion to which PITMIX had arrived too.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 17/01/11, 21:28

Hello and thank you again for your help.

The first diagram of Alain G (which contains an error because it is necessary to eliminate the valve before the taps) resembles what I had done at the beginning, but that obliges to maintain the totality of the circuit at 50 ° C and that prevents the operation solar as long as it is not hot and beautiful enough to provide more than 50 ° C thanks to the sun.
Then I wanted to reuse my hot water circulation circuit by integrating the solar exchanger and the old electric tank, to make a more or less hot water loop according to the seasons thanks to the sun. The boiler was to be used to compensate for the lack of temperature only when the taps were opened for instant water heating.

This is not a good solution because it causes pressure and temperature losses in the exchangers. In addition I am confronted with the problem of which I speak in this subject.

Thanks to the many discussions on the subject and noting that we are of the same opinion, I now think that it is better to make a simple circuit for preheating the water without going through the boiler.

This will draw the preheated water from the tank and there will be no hot water circulation.
For 24 hours my installation worked like this before my boiler failed.
In reality the big problem in my installation is that the boiler and the tank are at the 2 ends of the house, it would be easier if they were next to each other.
0 x