Shimming shifting / Subaru Justy [RESOLVED]

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 07/04/10, 23:06

Well well my understanding is advancing Image ... it's a tough job Image :? So tomorrow candle setting. And in the meantime here is the rest after "program" of the past day ...

os_Car War II ... Image

- Today I changed the fuel pump, found like new for ... 25 € roros in a car deconstruction : Cheesy: So I did not hesitate. And then .... and then ... hey, hey! Zérro arrived hey hey, without rushing hey hey Image in short, nothing has changed. Conclusion: if it did not come from the pump, weird all the same that by having changed the filter there was a big improvement, but change of pump ... nothing => :?: ) Or so big coincidence the news has exactly the same problem which produces exactly the same results ... exactly at the same time (possible ... but what a piss .. if it's true I should play the lottery : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: )

I also changed the air filter (almost new, found at demolition ... free)

- I therefore turned to ignition. I have rewoven by 1cm (and more) the wire connecting the coil to the delco (delco side). I went for a ride with it, and ... nothing changed (and it turned out impeccable, except the scoop_ures).

I changed the whole torch of ignition cables, including coil-delco, with almost new cables that I had on another small vehicle. And there a very slight improvement in performance in the way the car responds ... but nothing more.

The "hiccups" are always there and it stalls almost systematically when I am waiting at a traffic light or a stop sign and I restart at the same time as I pass from first to second (for the third ... and the fourth is more fluid so it's going ... relatively better).

The only improvement since the change of the fuel filter is that the cuts are much shorter.

The next target is Image the coil (aaah if only it was standard I could test with that of my old Honda Civic of the same displacement.) Axeau! Do not laugh !!! : Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/04/10, 02:03

Personal remark that I make to myself when I start to change everything one after the other like a blind man in the dark: absurd.
Let's think about the symptoms and clues to find the real safe cause !!!
Otherwise we rebuild the whole engine !!
The clogged filter has improved, so there must still be a problem with the fuel supply (loose dirt?) At a crucial time indicated by the symptoms !!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/04/10, 14:34

Obamot Hi!

Without reading the pressure, you still don't know if the regulator is faulty!

Another possibility; fouling of an injector> to be deduced if the spark plugs are fouled equal, then the vacuum sensor, the TPS (Trottle Position Sensor) easily verifiable using an Ohm-meter, Temperature probe> easily readable with an Ohm -meter and finally the oxygen sensor which has oxidized with humidity and does not give the correct reading.

Here!
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/04/10, 15:54

Yes, well, we can start betting! Since there is no CE (check engine) nowhere ... and the fuel pressure regulator is not electric ...

Alain G wrote:the vacuum sensor, the TPS (Trottle Position Sensor) [...] the temperature sensor [] the oxygen sensor
Alain G wrote:easily verifiable using an Ohm meter

You mean the one with "infinite resistance" is HS?

The problem is that most of the time it works ...
So control this while driving ... Their damn connectors don't let a pin pass! : Mrgreen:

and..I don't have long enough arms Image
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/04/10, 16:28

Obamot

Sensor problems don't always give a Check Engine!

The TPS must be good because you would have the problem all the time and it certainly gives a Check Engine, therefore to be forgotten!

The oxygen sensor may not give CE, the engine temperature sensor also may not give CE but in general the engine will run badly at idle so to scratch too!

You can create a code and fall into survival mode by unplugging the oxygen sensor and testing the car to see if it stops working!

But above all takes the sacred gasoline pressure that we can eliminate this possibility and focus on other problem !!!!!!!!
: Evil:

You can go to a mechanic who will be able to check it and also put the diagnostician to see the data not accessible by the dashboard, it will cost you an hour of labor but you may avoid making blunders or spend on things you don't need to replace!
8) :D
0 x

Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/04/10, 16:52

OK, thanks. The dealers in my corner, refuse to put vehicles from this era (1991) on the pretext that they only have one briefcase for all the concessions in the department and that they iron it (as if by chance they don't know never where it is). They even told me to go to Suzuki (when it is not the same engine and that one was never common to the two brands ... Then Suzuki to send me back to Subaru ... Image) But I will still try to insist, there is indeed hardly any other choice ...
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

shim at shift

by AXEAU » 08/04/10, 17:54

Bonjour.

I just found competent people:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znylPawG ... re=related

They speak a language that I don't know, but the engine I understand well, it takes turns.

JLG
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/04/10, 23:18

Mwoui, I don't understand this "language" either. I have never subscribed to this idea of ​​abandoning a vehicle in the wild either ... and even less to that of playing with a chainsaw massacre with it, in order to exercise a kind of "destroyed pleasure". 8) even if it amuses some, I find it relatively antisocial.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/04/10, 23:45

Aouch aouch!

Here all the small garage in the corner have a diagnostician!
: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
0 x

Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/04/10, 23:59

I was talking more about the dealers and what some tell their customers ... and not just one ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Yes i will go to home "Ad" ...> they are "multi-brand", that should be done since the "Sub" have a standardized "bus" ...

What the REG says: The manufacturer must ensure free access to technical data, devices and training modules.

The benefits of market liberalization (REG) ………> decidedly not appealing to some dealers who kept customers captive ... On the other hand it would also be necessary to listen to their bell, it must not be easy every day in concessions with the sales targets which are imposed on them ...
0 x