Water mill, hydropower and central heating

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Watermill, hydropower and central heating

by sicetaitsimple » 17/05/23, 12:20

I must admit to being completely amazed by the conclusion of this university study!

. Conclusion
It is shown that wind energy can be converted into heat using wind heat generator (Joule Machine). In
order to provide operating of a wind turbine at maximum power condition, the match between the torquespeed characteristics of the wind turbine and the heat generator should be achieved. For a given wind turbine
the match is achieved by the diameter of impeller, a general criterion for design of the heat generator.

It's stunning!
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 17/05/23, 12:42

sicetaitsimple wrote:I leave you to your delirium, have quotes and performance calculations made for "your project" (provided you find suppliers), and in 4 years you will come back and tell us that well, no, in fact ""It was not depreciable."

If you had taken the trouble to read what is under the links, you would have learned that it is amortized quickly: French students have established the following:

"In this part, we want to compare the cost of using a conventional electric water heater and our system. We consider a balloon of volume [...]
Assuming a kWh price of €0,17 (while the kWh price will probably be higher in the near future), the use of an electric water heater comes at an annual cost of €745.
The cost of a low-tech 200W wind turbine is around €350 [3]. By estimating the mixer part at the same cost, we arrive at a complete cost of our system of 700€. We therefore obtain our return on investment in approximately 1 year
."
and in fact, since the price of the kWh in Belgium is triple, the amortization will be done in 4 months for the ECS.

(https://www.retrouversonnord.be/HotEole ... eolien.pdf)

TO MEDITATE : "Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution" (Einstein)
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/05/23, 19:13

balloon wind turbine.JPG
eolien ballon.JPG (41.73 KiB) Viewed 915 times

At first glance, 4400 kWh a year doesn't seem like a lot, it's 12 kWh/day on average, as often it's about 2000W of consumption, it's about 6 hours of heating.

In France, with a tempo subscription, heating at low tariff,

It's 300 days, at €0.0970 per kW, i.e. 12*0.097*300 = €350
It's 043 days, at 0.1140€ per kW, i.e. 12*0.114*43 = 59€
It's 22 days, at 0..1216€ per kW, i.e. 12*0.1216*22 = 32€

A total of 441€, although I think the energy needed will often be around 3500 kWh .... or around 350€.

This does not detract from the fact that in 2 years it can pay for itself, but the 4m high wind turbine ..... you have to fit it in and be in a slightly windy corner, but it's still an idea to be explored .

People who have photomachin panels, divert the surplus into an electric cumulus.

A wind of 8m / s, it's not every day in my area ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/05/23, 21:10

phil59 wrote: but the 4m high wind turbine ..... you have to put it in and be in a slightly windy corner, but it's still an idea to be explored.

No no, there's no more digging, it's been buried for a long time.
Except for those who are off the grid of course, but in this case the problem is different.
1 x