Charge coil, lombardini alternator for wind turbine?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dani38
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Charge coil, lombardini alternator for wind turbine?

by dani38 » 14/01/12, 11:35

hello, here is a charge coil that I found on the net see photos, small car without a license, 12 volts 30amp, a bell with magnets could we make a good generator? and how much output in watts?

0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Charging coil, lombardini alternator for wind turbine?

by bleusideral » 14/01/12, 13:31

dani38 wrote:hello, here is a charge coil that I found on the net see photos, small car without a license, 12 volts 30amp, a bell with magnets could we make a good generator? and how much output in watts?

P (w) = U (v) x I (a), so in theory 12v X 30 A = 360 W

you must know the speed of rotation, rpm, also necessary to hope for the best performance
are there regulating diodes?
what project with? if for wind power maybe there will be a reduction required ....
There are many articles on suitable alternators by researching the site!

edited by ex-océano 14/01/2012 14:44 p.m .: BBCode edition
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/01/12, 15:16

The motor consumed 360W electric, gave less, in mechanical power, especially at low speed, but in generator, it will give much less, to see up close, because function of the rotation speed, and the strength of the magnets and the resistances of coils.
It will give this voltage and current only at high speed of rotation, given the low number of turns of the coils.
This number of turns is to be counted or estimated, because it fixes the voltage and the speed of rotation necessary for 12V and 1,2V per coil.
(quick to measure quickly by turning the motor with voltmeter to measure the voltage on different load resistors).
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 14/01/12, 17:04

You bug dedicated, there was never any question of engine.
It's a magnetic steering wheel, like on a good old moped.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/01/12, 17:14

Forhorse wrote:You bug dedicated, there was never any question of engine.
It's a magnetic steering wheel, like on a good old moped.

yes i bug, I thought it was the engine of a small electric car, rather weak !!

So if it turns quickly as with the engine, (3000t / minute ???) it will work.
0 x
dani38
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Good evening

by dani38 » 14/01/12, 20:22

yes these good for a small car without a license, the reel these alternator made on these models, these for his that I think it was not bad for a wind turbine!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/01/12, 20:53

it will give the same power if it rotates at the same speed

alas in general a wind turbine turns slower so it will be less power and a lower voltage

increasing the number of winding turns will increase the voltage, but will not change the power, which will remain decreased by the speed

1st improvement, replace the fairly average original magnet with super neodymium iron boron magnet ... but beware I'm afraid your stator is badly screwed up and miserably hangs on the poles of a rotor with too strong magnet: the wind turbine impossible without an electronic gadjet transforming the alternator into an engine to allow starting

2nd improvement, increase the number of sheets stacked to make the power it takes despite the reduced speed ... it comes down to building another alternator

this kind of magnetic flywheel is generally single-phase: the magnets attack all the coils simultaneously: it hangs ... unimportant next to the compression of the motor

for a wind turbine it is necessary to make a three-phase winding, with much more notches than pole: the passage of the magnets is completely progressive and it does not catch, even with very powerful magnets
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/01/12, 21:29

See also the wind turbine in barrel:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post222115.html#222115
always the same problem already treated on econology and measuring the real starting force to determine the minimum size of the wind turbine necessary to start, for the average wind.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."