COP of a heat pump

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
balou59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by balou59 » 06/06/07, 14:45

it's not rocket science, just an excel table which calculates the cost in heating (+ domestic hot water) of fossil energies and "renewable energies" (noted the quotes) so I did solar thermal, vertical geothermal energy and horizontal and aerothermal. no very precise calculation because I tried to make a program with few variables so that it is used as often as possible. the thing I'm most proud of is that when I calculate the avoided CO2 emissions I wanted to give an idea (because when we say that the price avoids emitting a ton of CO2 per year is good beautiful but it does not represent much) so I converted these kilograms of CO2 into kilometers traveled by a car. I also planned a page to be able to modify the price of fossil energies because I think that in a few years my excel file will be used a lot
0 x
balou59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by balou59 » 06/06/07, 14:48

in fact he purpose of my Excel file as my internship tutor:

"to reassure installers and individuals who are still too hesitant"
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: COP of a heat pump

by the middle » 06/06/07, 17:13

balou59 wrote:Student 2 th year of DUT thermal engineering and energy I am currently training and my subject concerning renewable energies, I already took care of the sun (for hot water because I live in the north ^^ ) and I attack now with heat pumps, I will like to calculate the amount of heat recovered in a year and what is currently blocking me is the change in COP depending on the temperature of the cold source (especially for the aerothermie)

Heat pump ....
Why not go straight to serious things like the passive house?
I had a burner that runs on cooking oil (on the advice of the famous Andrew, to whom I say hello), my heating is almost free, but I will never have the comfort of a well-insulated house.
I will always have breakdowns, work to harvest my oil.
heat pump? it is not sustainable in my humble opinion.
Mouai is my opinion
0 x
balou59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: COP of a heat pump

by balou59 » 07/06/07, 08:25

Heat pump ....
Why not go straight to serious things like the passive house?

it's not me who decides what my internship subject (and the company took me on probation is not isolation, is a heating wholesaler), and then after that j 'I understood the installer are still a little frilleux in renewable energy so there will little by little and then got to the passive house

heat pump? it is not sustainable in my humble opinion.
Mouai is my opinion

that's why I put quotation marks has renouvelalbles energy
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 09/06/07, 05:25

Hello

lifetime of a good heat pump 20 years and more if is well dimensioned (too small it turns too long and too big it leaves often and stops often)
in my case engine 5 CV I use it in air conditioning and heating ..
the insulation of the houses is the first investisement to make, as much for the cold as the hot one
the hive rsi the snow from the toti there is a xproblem xprobléme ceiling of this house, a poorly insulated home has -25 it is not heatable and a + 30 in summer with moisture not dormable the night..

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 09/06/07, 18:48

hi Andrew
5cv you speak of the electric power or the power of your refrigerator compressor?
Because 3,8kW heating it really low.
Now it is the electrical power consumption that makes us 11,3kW fridge if it has a Cop 3 it's better.
0 x
Other

by Other » 09/06/07, 20:16

Hello

she sold for 5 tones?
the compressor pulls 25 amp single phase 230volts
this consumes in total with the 30 water pumps and 32 ventilator amperes, that provided in heating for temperatures of -25
air conditioning never run out of power a + 32 22 maintain the house in summer and a little higher in winter 24 ..
Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 09/06/07, 20:56

If we make P = UxI it makes P = 230x25 is 5750W.
Giving heating 17250W if the COP is 3.
A -25 ° C is certainly not 3 but if it is 1,5 or 2 it is between 8,6 and 11,5kW.
We fall back into figures suitable for heating an average house.

You use as what exchangers for the interior of your house?
Ventilos of convectors, radiators, underfloor heating.
0 x
Other

by Other » 10/06/07, 02:52

Hello
-25 ° C it is certainly not 3 but if it is 1,5 or 2 it is between 8,6 and 11,5kW

the outside temperature does not change the COP, it just makes travaillerla heat pump more often despite good insulation it loses heat to the outside and it is cold it loses more ..
The heat pump heat pump its water from the earth in winter is a 12 c only in the spring when the snow melts and the gel goes down it decrease 10c ..
The one that works air / air has -5 it is not very effective, it is to run a factory to make heat, as electric heating elements, simpler is more robust ..

Evaporator water from the ground water inlet 12 c output 6c sometimes 4c
Water flow between 20 and 25 liter following the minute the state of the strainer ..
condenser forced air in the house output in the winding 38C .. maximum difficult to give figures that varies throughout the functioning of the system ..
I have a horametre on the running time of the thermo pump and a water meter to measure what goes in the exchanger ...
Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 10/06/07, 05:13

Oh yes it's true I forgot you have a heat pump with a geothermal sensor that draws in a water table.
0 x