Amount of wood needed to log stove

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Stephen King
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Stephen King » 26/11/09, 15:16

Yes it's a mini project for the school.

And since we have no data, we must assume everything.

It's a teacher of electrical engineering that asks us that ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/09, 15:18

Electrotech? What is the relationship with wood?

It may be for home ... it makes you work with the eye

: Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 26/11/09, 16:54

Yeah, or maybe it's just for you to assimilate well the concepts of power and energy, and to show that it does not necessarily apply to electricity, simply.
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 26/11/09, 18:48

Christophe wrote:Never, never, you never chaufferas 130 m² with a single stove 13kW except very specific case: a large room with air that communicates easily and well positioned in the middle stove ... and again!

By imagining a redistribution of hot air via an extractor, it becomes likely not?
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/11/09, 18:57

1400 kWh / stere of dry beech is the data to remember

On the board that I saw they gave 2100 kwh, but it is quite possible that it is for an anhydrous state, so your figure would be correct (these tables are made by people who have a very theoretical vision of the reality).

If it's an exercise to assimilate common sense *, remember a dozen steres and explain to your teacher that if there is too much for a heating season, it will be for the following: the wood is preserved and even get better! : Lol:

*I highly doubt it; a former Minister of National Education and Science in addition to making fun of students who thought that between a tennis ball and a ball of petanque dropped from the same height, it is the second who would arrive first!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/09, 19:10

Ben 1400 take into account the performance of stove. If not it is 1850 ... by drying the wood strongly one can perhaps be arrived at 2100 indeed.

But what matters is the useful energy, no?

For your * I think he said that free fall and fall in the void was equivalent and that it was not related to the mass of the object.

It is the opposite belief (among others) that made Galilee's trial by the Inquisition no?

So Allègre has had a bad time because he has neglected the friction of the air but I think that it is rather a communication error on his part that a fundamental error ... no? And less serious than saying that the planet is currently cooling as he says ...

And many people still believe that the speed of falling without friction is related to the mass ... do a survey in the street ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/11/09, 19:21

sam17 wrote:
Christophe wrote:Never, never, you never chaufferas 130 m² with a single stove 13kW except very specific case: a large room with air that communicates easily and well positioned in the middle stove ... and again!

By imagining a redistribution of hot air via an extractor, it becomes likely not?
Quite right, the right frying pans of this power are given to heat volumes of 500 m3.

For wood, it must be remembered that the PCI is about 5 kWh / kg of dry material, to be tempered by the humidity of the logs, so ...
Then also remember that a cubic meter of wood does not represent bcp more than 0.5 m3 of wood "without the voids" ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Stephen King
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Stephen King » 26/11/09, 21:34

Thank you for your answers
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/09, 10:30

sam17 wrote:By imagining a redistribution of hot air via an extractor, it becomes likely not?

Yes, but there is a change of heating category: we pass on hot air pulsed wood.

This is not the same and it is still necessary that the architecture of the house is compatible with this kind of installation (if 50 m cladding must be done to heat the furthest room ... it's not top ).

Woodcutter wrote:For wood, it must be remembered that the PCI is about 5 kWh / kg of dry material, to be tempered by the humidity of the logs, so ...
Then also remember that a cubic meter of wood does not represent bcp more than 0.5 m3 of wood "without the voids" ...

Yes, but it lacks the density of wood in your memories.

So we can also "remember" that a cubic meter is about 400 kg of wood and we therefore fall back on 400 * 5 = 2000 kWh ... for dry ARCHI wood (impossible to obtain in natural drying) .. .

Indeed; 5 kWh / kg is the PCi of the best wood pellets (it is more often 4.5 kWh).

So in the end remember that we have 1400-1500 useful kWh / stere of beech wood is a good average value I think.
Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 11 / 09, 10: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 27/11/09, 17:36

Christophe wrote:
sam17 wrote:By imagining a redistribution of hot air via an extractor, it becomes likely not?

Yes, but there is a change of heating category: we pass on hot air pulsed wood.

This is not the same and it is still necessary that the architecture of the house is compatible with this kind of installation (if 50 m cladding must be done to heat the furthest room ... it's not top ).

I installed this at home just before winter. Appointment in the spring for balance sheets: p
0 x
--

Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."