How to connect a wind car alternator

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
darwenn
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by darwenn » 03/08/09, 14:35

Well, voila, it's done I rewound my motor with 0,30 wire, 64 turns, I don't have wind there so I just trained the propeller by hand at an approximate speed, I had almost 15 volts when empty, so it should roll. If that didn't go I could still replay with my rotor windings. I am going to install a bike computer this afternoon, it is explained here how to calibrate it and transform it into a rev counter.
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/ebonys/expereolienne.htm

Turn count N ° 3.
0 x
darwenn
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by darwenn » 04/08/09, 09:00

FYI, using a bike computer does not really work, because the pulley on which the pulse magnet is attached is too small and turns too quickly, which means that the computer cannot count. so quickly every pulse. The solution, I found it on this site which explains how to adapt a bike computer on roller skates (very small roads). A divider must be added.
http://www.teaser.fr/~mzirnheld/tc/compteu1.htm

it may be useful to others, this divider is very easy to do. Here is : Cheesy:
0 x
primrose
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

wind turbine

by primrose » 05/11/09, 23:06

Good morning all. I introduce myself, my prenon Alain, passionate about old cars, and DIY.
I'm new to this forum, and a bit lost !!!! I too did a lot of testing with a car alternator, for example, lowering the priming speed by rewinding the stator, replacing the rotor winding with a permanent magnet so to no longer excite, I arrived at a very poor result, see disappointing. I therefore ended up giving up this machine, and making my own alternator with neodymium magnets, hence a satisfactory result, I am all the same stay on a small machine since I'm going to install it on my motorhome, I arrive at 12,5 volts at 150 rpm, and around 400 rpm I arrive at 12 amps, output from my alternator, I have 3 wires, so 3 AC phases, then 2 diode bridge, and DC output, I would need a regulator, because at 12 amp the voltage comes to 17 volts, it's too much for the battery, I can't find no regulator of this amperage, where then, at what price? and in electronics I know nothing about it, however it will be necessary to solve this problem, the solar regulators are not expensive but are not suitable. maybe for a connoisseur could they be modified, for example at a certain voltage supply a relay for divert the current to a consumer, this machine could deliver more but it also requires more wind, and with the motorhome there is no strong wind, and if however there are gusts, the wind blows by a system of erasing the saffron. therefore remains to solve the problem of tension regulator, if you have ideas, they would be welcome, and thank you in advance. Alain Cordialement.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: wind turbine

by Alain G » 05/11/09, 23:45

primrose wrote:Good morning all. I introduce myself, my prenon Alain, passionate about old cars, and DIY.
I'm new to this forum, and a bit lost !!!! I too did a lot of testing with a car alternator, for example, lowering the priming speed by rewinding the stator, replacing the rotor winding with a permanent magnet so to no longer excite, I arrived at a very poor result, see disappointing. I therefore ended up giving up this machine, and making my own alternator with neodymium magnets, hence a satisfactory result, I am all the same stay on a small machine since I'm going to install it on my motorhome, I arrive at 12,5 volts at 150 rpm, and around 400 rpm I arrive at 12 amps, output from my alternator, I have 3 wires, so 3 AC phases, then 2 diode bridge, and DC output, I would need a regulator, because at 12 amp the voltage comes to 17 volts, it's too much for the battery, I can't find no regulator of this amperage, where then, at what price? and in electronics I know nothing about it, however it will be necessary to solve this problem, the solar regulators are not expensive but are not suitable. maybe for a connoisseur could they be modified, for example at a certain voltage supply a relay for divert the current to a consumer, this machine could deliver more but it also requires more wind, and with the motorhome there is no strong wind, and if however there are gusts, the wind blows by a system of erasing the saffron. therefore remains to solve the problem of tension regulator, if you have ideas, they would be welcome, and thank you in advance. Alain Cordialement.

Good evening and welcome to Éconologie Alain!

I received your MP!

By rewinding your alternator you decrease the capacity in watts, I presume you knew it, your amperage measurement you take it how, is it in parallel directly the ammeter on the output or connect to the battery?

You have to be wary of websites that calculate the no-load voltage and the short-circuit amperage, the right way is on a battery, you take the voltage and the amperage in series between the battery and the output of the diode bridge or comfortable with a DC amperage clamp.

If your battery (s) has (have) a good capacity (s) you do not need a regulator, the batteries will serve as a regulator.

A regulator recovering from a battery charger can do very well since you have an erasing system and especially that you have the possibility of monitoring your wind turbine.
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
darwenn
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by darwenn » 06/11/09, 04:36

Hi Primrose, I am very interested in the plan of your neodymium magnet generator. Where did you find the way to do it? And the implementation plan? thank you for contacting me it interests me.
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 08/11/09, 14:11

darwenn wrote:Hi Primrose, I am very interested in the plan of your neodymium magnet generator. Where did you find the way to do it? And the implementation plan? thank you for contacting me it interests me.

Hello school teachers :P
brand new on this post, I am looking for exactly the same goal because my searches are quite vague and having only little free time on the net, I did not push my research further because I came across offers from plans, paid ...!

I congratulate all those who make this subject a concrete achievement
see you soon
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

How to connect an alternator for wind turbine

by bobono » 08/11/09, 20:29

I think I can help you on Primever.

17 volts is not too much to charge a 12 volt battery you can even go to 30 volts without the sulfur battery provided that the current is impulse towards 1000 Herts.

The pulse can be found on a small circuit or from a NE 555 or even from a switching power supply.

On this site all the explanations http://pagesperso-orange.fr/deltajp/montages/trucs.html
0 x
primrose
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: How to connect an alternator for wind turbine

by primrose » 08/11/09, 22:19

bobono wrote:I think I can help you on Primever.

17 volts is not too much to charge a 12 volt battery you can even go to 30 volts without the sulfur battery provided that the current is impulse towards 1000 Herts.

The pulse can be found on a small circuit or from a NE 555 or even from a switching power supply.

On this site all the explanations http://pagesperso-orange.fr/deltajp/montages/trucs.html

Thank you bobono for your information, but 17 volts it does not work because if I connect a 12v converter it goes into safety the same for the TV. For the current to be impulse, I do not see how to do it because I know nothing about electronics
it would be good to give me explanations, but I must understand them, which is not obvious to me, in any case thank you in advance. cordially. Alain
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 09/11/09, 02:40

The manufacturers of electronic components are now making small, high-performance switching regulators. For large currents, it suffices to associate a power transistor with them.
I have no reference at hand but by searching Linear technolgy for example we find some. Other manufacturers have a similar offer.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 09/11/09, 04:29

primrose

Do not waste time with complicated things that you do not control, simply add batteries in parallel and your voltage will decrease enough for your inverter to work well and as a bonus you will have a better reserve.
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain