Small wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 04/11/08, 23:17

Hello,

As a user for two years of solar panels in battery charger, I think it's very optimistic about the performance of solar panels.
For my part I dimension the power of the panels on the basis of a daily supply of 3 times their peak power per 24 hours. (on average and taking into account the battery charge and discharge efficiency)
3 x peak power = "useful" power in the batteries / 24h

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 06/11/08, 12:47

Hello

Thank you Obelix for your feedback
I retain that the average production of a voltaic panel, taking into account the non-regular sunshine and losses in the installation is divided by three compared to the power in Wp

A 100 W solar panel will actually have a usable output of 33w x really energy duration of sunshine

Could we know the type of wind turbine you are using, and its load rate actually observed.

A+
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/11/08, 14:08

: Arrow: One of my friends works with a 300w wind turbine and an 80W PV and that's enough for him!

Like what you should not make categorical judgments ...

With this, it lights up, powers up and recharges its very small household appliances (mobile phone, audio visual ...).
In addition if necessary, it has a PETROMAX lamp and 2 generators ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 06/11/08, 16:03

citro wrote:: arrow: A friend of mine works with a 300w wind turbine and an 80W PV and that's enough for him!

Like what you should not make categorical judgments ...

With this, it lights up, powers up and recharges its very small household appliances (mobile phone, audio visual ...).
In addition if necessary, it has a PETROMAX lamp and 2 generators ...

:D Hello,
I believe that just the fact of having this kind of material, (for a father of a family), opens the eyes of the children to the point of view "energy" and others.
So, even, if we have not chosen the best material (it is impossible, technology evolves all the time), this kind of behavior generates an "awareness" of those around it.
Citro, I like you Image
PS, the kiss, does not have a sexual character : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/11/08, 23:14

:D That's right, that's how light repels darkness.
In my surroundings, "awareness" is gaining ground ... little by little. 8) A+ Image
0 x