"In the land of nuclear power" - France 2 - September 17

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/09, 09:48

Nikloby :) Hihiihih! I sign !

Watch out, Elec and Better Place won't like it ... : Cheesy:

ps: for newcomers, I remind you that the PV used to charge a car (in short, road use) is the ONLY PROFITABLE PV without any help or subsidy ...

Obviously nobody does it because everyone wants to benefit from the subsidies ...
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 18/09/09, 12:08

with another angle of approach, there is this show which illustrates the subject well!
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
koni26
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by koni26 » 19/09/09, 13:50

Each type of production each has its advantages and disadvantages, but nuclear power is currently the most profitable, and the cleanest in CO2 for the quantity of kWh it provides.

In addition, the price of the kWh that we pay may be much heavier in a few years since for the moment it does not yet take into account the price of the kWh of wind turbines, etc.

Anyway to come back to the electric car, christophe I would like to see the calculation you used ..

Me when I take the figures of the French automobile fleet, the average km / year by car by the French, the production in one year of a nuclear power station and the average consumption in kWh of an electric car.

I arrive about twenty nuclear power plant ..
And then the day you manage to operate your solar panels at night, you will give me a sign xD

In short, for me THE solution for ecology would be superconductivity ...

PS: I love to see the anti-nuclear people say that in the most interesting report CT people who denounce nuclear power, when they know nothing about XD like the testimonies in the village bar and the "site manager of the hole for radioactive waste "from 1970 which had to pass the sandbox of the time!
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 19/09/09, 23:49

Christophe wrote:It was not that interesting: we only talked about the La Hague factory and without a big "scoop" (I didn't learn much except that it's a taboo in the region to talk about nuke) :D) ... really long at times ... (sorry rulian) : Cheesy:

Well, I just liked the fact that this report is not about technique, but about human aspects. That was the goal, and I find it achieved. After you are a heartless being, so I forgive you : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

In addition, there are still good moments of laughter with the scene of exercise of incident in the village with the mayor who struggles for the sound system and the inhabitants who do not care.

Or when a mayor is in the cemetery of his village and says "we are too good here" ... with the atomic factories in the landscape. The best is when he talks about long term garbage storage, then the chick asks him if he knows any 300 year old graves in his cemetery and he doesn't give a fuck !! This scene is absolutely uplifting and sums up the silliness of long term storage pretty well !!

Otherwise the link to the show's website. I believe that if we want the review, we have to go through the paid VOD service. :|
http://programmes.france2.fr/documentai ... e=archives
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/09/09, 22:32

koni26 wrote:Each type of production each has its advantages and disadvantages, but nuclear power is currently the most profitable, and the cleanest in CO2 for the quantity of kWh it provides.

In addition, the price of the kWh that we pay may be much heavier in a few years since for the moment it does not yet take into account the price of the kWh of wind turbines, etc.

The most profitable is to see (This is EDF / Cogema / government propaganda) and the price of the kWh that we pay may be much heavier in a few years given that for the moment this one does not yet take into account the astronomical cost of dismantling old nuclear power plants that will have to be paid one day .... The benefits are now, right away ... the trouble for later, or even much much later (Millions of years), it's not their problem ! Easy to manage on a short-term basis! : Evil:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 21/09/09, 07:37

It is the best the price of nuclear kwh is much higher than the price of wind kwh because the EDF calculation is bogus. We do not correctly count the cost of waste management and dismantling their pressure cooker and all the money we give for this thing in our taxes. How much will it cost to recover the 74 kg of tricastion uranium, the cancers that will be induced by this shit, the losses for people who have water with uranium in their well ... will get them back, it's not dangerous
And I give only one example.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"