What is clean coal?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 03/02/06, 17:57

Finally? I have the same ideas as Lagaffe. Too good
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/02/06, 18:00

punaize you make me doubt now .... maybe that's what I saw at the time

MDR : Cheesy:
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 17/05/06, 09:35

Considering the article on the Fischer-Tropsch Process and what makes sense since petroleum and coal both come from sediments.

I think the use of coal, we may not be able to avoid it
And thus by this very fact the recovery of CO2 and its sequestration.
According to the latest news, the Castor CO2 recovery project in Denmark cost € 10 per tonne of CO2 (I think that was the order of magnitude), the cost is quite bearable anyway.

Even the energy loss is rather bearable (did not ask me I do not know any more the orders of magnitude), because it should not be forgotten that that also it is to be taken into account, the cost is only an aggregate of things variety.

Then the transport of CO2 by pipeline to its burial must be playable, since the pipes are already laid and it works in both directions, it is the cheapest means of transport of liquid and gaseous products in large quantities .

It remains only to equip the offshore platforms with wind turbines for the landfill energy of CO2, and hop we are saved :))

I would also like to say that H2 passes through steel which is one of the most common metals on this earth and therefore one of the cheapest .... and that transporting H2 is quite complicated and expensive.

By cons use balloons to recover CO2 from cars ...... I am still skeptical, given the place that CO2 takes.
Same for planes, will we have an A380 with a nice allon .. not great for the Cx all that.
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 10/06/06, 18:43

Bonjour.

One simple way to store CO2 is through "photosynthesis" (the use of CO2 and the sun by plants). So why not make greenhouses where we would concentrate (a little) the CO2 inside, the capacity is surely much lower, but it would seem more reassuring than a "big garbage bag that risks cracking".
0 x
Science begins with curiosity.
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 11/06/06, 00:23

The solution to remove CO2 is to separate C from O2. This is what plants do, which enrich the atmosphere with O2 and store C in their tissues.
In fact, in an atmosphere that contains more CO2, plants grow faster.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 11/06/06, 07:34

Cuicui wrote:The solution to remove CO2 is to separate C from O2. This is what plants do, which enrich the atmosphere with O2 and store C in their tissues.
In fact, in an atmosphere that contains more CO2, plants grow faster.

Hello
The problem is that we will have to make the green space managers understand that we must let the jungle grow in the city and not riot everything as it grows. : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
jkg
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jkg » 11/06/06, 11:40

Hello,

I thought that clean coal was new combustion techniques like the fluidized bed? The objective of reducing emissions being the increase in yield (45%)? Maybe there would be a coupling?

@+
0 x
The earth is not ours we borrow it to our children
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 12/06/06, 18:45

Castor wrote:Bonjour.

One simple way to store CO2 is through "photosynthesis" (the use of CO2 and the sun by plants). So why not make greenhouses where we would concentrate (a little) the CO2 inside, the capacity is surely much lower, but it would seem more reassuring than a "big garbage bag that risks cracking".
Storage in plants is only "temporary" since the balance over the entire life cycle of the plant is zero.
This means that if you want to store CO2, you have to increase the green areas indefinitely ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/06, 18:49

Woodcutter wrote:Storage in plants is only "temporary" since the balance over the entire life cycle of the plant is zero.

It all depends on what is done with the plant at the "end of life" ... If it is wood that is used for construction it is stored ... If it is burned the cycle is zero at best ... If it rots on site and that it releases CH4 ca can be "worse than zero" ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 17/06/06, 11:47

Econology wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Storage in plants is only "temporary" since the balance over the entire life cycle of the plant is zero.

It all depends on what is done with the plant at the "end of life" ... If it is wood used for construction it is stored ... If it is burned the cycle is zero at best ... it rots on the spot and it releases CH4 it can be "worse than none" ...

............ hence the interest in maintaining and using forests wisely, which is not the case in today's world: "clear" cutting, deforestation (Amazonia ) to sometimes plant sugar cane ... to produce ethanol -> internal combustion engine !! (look for the error ??) or in Indonesia to plant palm trees to produce HVB -> diesel engines (look for the 2nd error).

Hence the interest in building in wood and having a lot of trees, shrubs, hedges on its land to capture CO2.

Does anyone know what is the best solution to eliminate the size of laurels (cherry): it does not break down into compost, I will throw it in with the green waste (but it may make methane by decomposing? very strong odor in a heap in fermentation ...). If we let it dry it burns very well, but we still send CO2 into the air.

How complicated is this world which turns more on itself !!!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).