In Sweden you roll in biogas

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
razputin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

In Sweden you roll in biogas

by razputin » 30/11/12, 12:16

This week I saw an unusual report.
To cope with the rise in the price of oil and therefore the price of fuel, the Swedish would have implemented new energy to replace black gold.
Indeed, the Swedish would have created the biogas, a gas allowing to drive an incredible car right? In addition it costs less than diesel or unleaded.
But the most unusual thing is that the biogas is designed from what?
Of our excrement, finally that of the Swedish.
So everyone's pee poo, future renewable energy in the world?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/11/12, 12:42

make gas with m .... it works for a long time, but it takes a lot: it works even better with manure, liquid manure or slurry of cow or pig

another advantage: in the farms we are sure to have pure .... pure ... in the city's used water the .... is mixed with all kinds of products harmful to methanization: detergent and especially antibiotic

in a farm where there is a methanization it is necessary to put aside animals which need an antibiotic treatment, otherwise it breaks down the methanizer

no illusion either excrement does not contain a huge energy: green waste contains 2 or 3 times more, but it goes well together: green waste alone does not methanize well: mixed with excrement is much better
0 x
Mathew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mathew » 30/11/12, 17:30

Razputin, don't bother to use the conditional in your sentence. The present is adapted 8)
Here, city buses run on biogas which comes from the anaerobic digestion of community meal leftovers, plant waste, cereal residues (wheat stalks ...), waste water (shit, what), organic waste bins from individuals.

In Stockholm, all the sewers are collected to enhance the content, instead of foolishly treating it as we do in France.

For those who want to calculate: 1 ton of solid waste produces 1 m3 of biogas at 55% methane (by volume) The remaining 45% is CO2.
A bus works 360 days a year, travels 500km per day and consumes the equivalent of 22L of petrol per 100km, one liter of petrol has a PCI of 10.8kWh, the gas is compressed to 80bars, what should be the size of the tank?
I know that you can calculate, it is to show you the kind of exercises that I had during my license in renewable energies last year in Ireland. I spare you the economic side of the thing.

A sine qua non of this system is
* sorting of waste and planning on a city or regional scale: setting up a methanizer instead of a treatment plant
* public information, public display (on each bus is written roughly: I drive biogas)
* do not hide the facilities (the bus charging center is 500m from the city center and visible from the road)
* a long-term ecological vision.
It is also in this way that there are many heat networks here that work on biomass. Conversely, when we build a new district or a new city in France, we prefer electric heating.
* Consequently, today, the province of Västmanlands recovers 60% of all its organic waste to transform it into biogas. More info on www.remowe.eu

Return to gas: if the gas is 98% purified of methane, it can be injected into the network by a compressor station.

Once the waste has been treated, the volatile materials are gone, there are only components that can be spread directly on the fields, at any time of the year. There are no bad smells that we sometimes have in the countryside.

Yes, in France there is a lot of delay.
0 x