Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?

by humus » 12/11/21, 09:47

ABC2019 wrote:I do not see which OTHER logic will apply however.

By continuing to be silly, by continuing to accept unacceptable, by handing over the keys of your life to the current system, you are calling for chaos.
This is the other logic that will apply, that of chaos.

Then? We are not revolting enough.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 12/11/21, 09:50

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:I do not see which OTHER logic will apply however.

By continuing to be silly, by continuing to accept unacceptable, by handing over the keys of your life to the current system, you are calling for chaos.
This is the other logic that will apply, that of chaos.

you shut yourself up in your autistic speech and you don't answer any of my arguments. I'm telling you it's more expensive because of physics, and you won't be able to escape what more expensive means from poorer people. What answer do you have to that?
So we don't rebel enough.

do you want to revolt against the laws of physics? good luck.

"If you don't deal with reality, reality will deal with you".
1 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 12/11/21, 09:55

ABC2019 wrote:you shut yourself up in your autistic speech and you don't answer any of my arguments. I'm telling you it's more expensive because of physics, and you won't be able to escape what more expensive means from poorer people. What answer do you have to that?

Oh no, you're the autistic one.
You have no opening to explore the current outside the system.
a beginning of an answer below : Arrowd:

ABC2019 wrote:So we don't rebel enough.

do you want to revolt against the laws of physics? good luck.

Since when have capitalism and "economics" totally above ground been physical laws?

We don't revolt enough : Mrgreen:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 12/11/21, 09:59

humus wrote:Since when have capitalism and "economics" totally above ground been physical laws?

they are not completely above ground, contrary to what you think. A capitalist will seek the most profitable process, and it is physics that determines that. If it crashes, it goes bankrupt.

The arbitrary side of capitalism is in the distribution of wealth, who is rich and who is poor. Physics doesn't say it, because it's the result of power struggles. But it does not control the OVERALL PHYSICAL profitability of the industrial machine, which is determined by physical constraints.

It is you who are above ground thinking that the economy depends just on the will, and not on physics. And I can only re-quote my quote from Aldous Huxley

"If you don't deal with reality, reality will deal with you".

If you don't take care of reality, reality will take care of you.

What is quite funny, finally, is that you make the same mistake as the liberal economists whom you hate: you think that the cost of energy is not a problem.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 12/11/21, 10:20

ABC2019 wrote:they are not completely above ground, contrary to what you think.

I like to force the line : Mrgreen: then "not completely above ground" but "simply above ground" either unrealistic or collective madness, is that okay with you?
- Any resource can be substituted by another
- the resources being free they are inexhaustible.
It is sure that it is a good starting point for the psychiatric hospital.
And there are crazy specisalists, I see plenty of them on TV and you do not miss the rule.

We are not revolting enough. : Mrgreen:

ABC2019 wrote: If it crashes, it goes bankrupt.

Since we are talking about the system as a whole, what a light word bankruptcy is.
The bankruptcy of the earth system is death and desolation that it is called.
How inconsistent you are.

I wouldn't want to contaminate myself anymore by rubbing shoulders with the muck of humanity, I switch to second signature mode. : Mrgreen:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/11/21, 11:38

humus wrote:Since when have capitalism and "economics" totally above ground been physical laws?

Capitalism, like all ideologies is subject to the laws of nature.If this doctrine has succeeded in establishing itself, it is precisely because it allowed the maximization of energy dissipation in accordance with the MEP principle. conforms and only becomes "above ground" when compared to other more traditional models.
The use of the term capitalist is misleading because it quickly leads observers to personification, when in fact it is just a twist of economism that developed in Western countries during modernity. .

ABC2019 wrote:The arbitrary side of capitalism is in the distribution of wealth, who is rich and who is poor. Physics doesn't say it, because it's the result of power struggles. But it does not control the OVERALL PHYSICAL profitability of the industrial machine, which is determined by physical constraints.

Oh yes, physics tells us everything!
The distribution of wealth is a consequence of the Pareto law, it is itself part of the broader framework of energy pyramid.
This law must then be adapted to a social and economic model considered (French, Japanese or American for example) which defines the said distribution with regard to the history and culture of each country.
Power struggles are themselves induced by physics, more power means more ability to dominate others and therefore to dissipate energy ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 12/11/21, 13:03

sen-no-sen wrote:

Capitalism, like all ideologies, is subject to the laws of nature.

Based on false premises : Mrgreen: :
- Any resource can be substituted by another
- the resources being free they are inexhaustible.

sen-no-sen wrote:If this doctrine has succeeded in establishing itself, it is precisely because it allowed the maximization of energy dissipation in accordance with the MEP principle.

I think we will never agree on this root cause.
For me capitalism flatters and surfs on human desires for greatness. The energy being only the armed arm and not the decision maker.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 12/11/21, 13:15

And the other clown who thinks that an entire country's oil-fired fleet can be replaced by hydrogen-powered boats in two steps ... Here is an entire section of the Icelandic economy that will continue to depend fossils for a long time despite the desire of the leaders to free themselves from this dependence despite geothermal energy.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/11/21, 13:24

humus wrote:I think we will never agree on this root cause.
For me capitalism flatters and surfs on human desires for greatness. The energy being only the armed arm and not the decision maker.

Answer his questions and you will understand:
Where does capitalism come from?
What is the deep definition of desire?
Who of human desire and the Big Bang was there first?

:?:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/11/21, 13:35

The premises of capitalism are false, because it is this falsehood that allows it to be built. Its claimed finality is also false, but it too is necessary to move its agents who "do not act for the reasons they believe", as they would say. Marx!
What is fair is its extreme and regrettable * ability to dissipate a maximum of energy (which is also hidden behind this buffoonery of pseudo "ecological transition").

* Regrettable, because very unfavorable to our species in the medium term.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"