EPR, to the dregs for EDF and Areva?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Re: EPR, to the dregs for EDF and Areva?

by Christophe » 26/02/24, 11:18

Remundo wrote:Even More Delay!

Radiant Rotten Smoking!

Don't even try, you won't reach my level of disgusting humor!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/24, 11:19

AD 44 wrote:Alain Morvan, site director.

"We should be ready to load the reactor in mid-March, but I'm not saying we'll load on that date."

Well, there are others who try to be humorous... : Shock:

ps: it doesn't specify the year eh... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/24, 11:23

I quote https://actu.fr/normandie/flamanville_5 ... 42405.html

“But, faced with questions, the ASN evokes the secrecy of the investigation, the secrecy of the sources… “We cannot say anything”, tirelessly repeats Gaëtan Lafforgue, head of division at the ASN. He will still take up some figures , already revealed: 43 cases of counterfeiting, falsification and suspected fraud (CFS) were reported to ASN in 2023.

In total, 50% of these cases are currently being investigated by the ASN, 10% of the cases were found to be “unproven”, 10 cases are currently being investigated by the courts and three have been reported to the Public Prosecutor's Office. “It’s a huge figure,” comments Yannick Rousselet, nuclear consultant for Greenpeace France. Never seen ! »

For the rest, "it does not appear that the interest in communication in terms of transparency outweighs the need to protect protected secrets" for risks of "undermining the progress of the procedures initiated" or undermining “other secrets protected by law”.”

I quote https://www.ouest-france.fr/environneme ... aac57ff91a

“Ten judicial investigations in progress for fraud

“Of these forty-three cases, 50% are currently being investigated at the ASN, and ten are currently under judicial investigation,” Gaëtan Lafforgue, of the ASN division of Caen, during the general assembly of the Local Information Commission for the Flamanville power plants. From which it appears that the EPR would be affected. “What we hear is that it concerns valves and valves,” attests Yannick Rousselet, nuclear expert for Greenpeace. But it is impossible to know whether it is a question of falsification of part controls or a metallurgical problem with components. »

ASN and EDF do not comment, in order to “not undermine the ongoing investigation, nor to protected installations, and to protect our sources”, summarizes the first.“My priority is the final quality of the EPR to start in the required safety conditions, adds Alain Morvan, director of the site.”

This kind of article and especially the facts are amazing...the EPR already in court even though it hasn't produced a single MWh?
I knew there were big problems, I didn't think it was this bad...

I think that all this is a reflection of current French society: dishonesty and incompetence at all levels...consequences of a decade of political and industrial misdeeds...

The question is whether it is reversible or whether we will one day be able to recover or whether we will continue to fall for an indefinite period?
3 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 26/02/24, 11:35

Flamanville is doomed to scrapping, due to pre-natal obsolescence.
The first serious incident will be the fault of the Russian sabotage services.

Suggestion / maybe buy some rustic Russian plants? Egypt has some, and African countries are asking for some.
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 26/02/24, 11:50

Like many others, I've been following this program for years... And it's always more, more, more... crazy!

Reality explodes fiction!

The thing is that after 20 years, those responsible have been paraded, one after the other... There are a shitload of responsibilities and an incalculable number of people to blame in this story.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/24, 11:50

What upsets me the most is, I think, that the EPR affair is the reflection of a sick...and decadent society...

By always wanting the least expensive (relocation, social dumping, subcontracting...etc etc...) to maximize profits, we get shit which ultimately costs much more! The proof here!

How to turn the tide? Good question, I don't have the answer because it's so confusing!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/24, 11:51

AD 44 wrote:The thing is that after 20 years, those responsible have been paraded, one after the other... There are a shitload of responsibilities and an incalculable number of people to blame in this story.

Incompetence is unfortunately not a crime in France...And that's a shame...

I wonder how we still manage to build Airbuses in France... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/02/24, 12:24

we highlight the bad decisions under Jospin-Voynet, certainly they slowed down the nuclear industry, but the final blow came later.

the great decline of the nuclear industry began during the Lauvergeon-Sarkozy era
, two small, proud and incompetent leaders who launched the EPR projects without being able to build them, including abroad. And what's more, Lauvergeon and his companion Olivier Fric (you can't make this up) were involved in the Uramin scandal which cost Areva €5 billion in losses.

The other mistake was not regularly building older generation reactors to maintain the teams of engineers, technicians and workers in their know-how. There was a breakdown in communication between the guys who were leaving to retire and the young people who didn't want to enter the nuclear industry without any "godfather" to get them started.
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/24, 13:20

Yes, the flight or loss of industrial knowledge is part of the industrial failure that I mentioned above...

When the levels of instruction and general education of a country fall, this is not immediately apparent (except on RS such as the videos "Nianiania am a young woktrans aligned with the Moon of Jupiter"... Hoplà 20M views...) but this ends up being seen a few years later on industrial projects, now almost untenable like that of the EPR...

It's all the sadder since France industrially enlightened the world for a while...but that was before...well before...

The current pseudo legal actions may reassure some ("cheer, not my fault!") but will not change these facts, the problem is much deeper...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/24, 13:32

Today, what is left of France in terms of cutting-edge industries in the world (= that others don't know how to do as well as us?)?

Luxury (muhahahah is of absolutely no use except spending the money from our relocations...to vomit...)...
Heavy weapons (but with fairly low production capacities compared to other countries...)
Aeronautics (thanks to the support of the EU Airbus conglomerate...)
Agri-food (talk to our farmers...)
Heavy construction (Vinci et Cie...they were the ones who built the Chernobyl sarcophagus)

What Else?
0 x