What battery to power a 400watt computer

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/05/08, 19:19

Hi Ecole-Ogie

I think what Christophe means is that reducing consumption is as ecological as using renewable energy.

I would advise you to buy a laptop computer, preferably with a screen <15 inches, it consumes around 100 watts. : Idea:

Then turn it off whenever possible.

As for supplying all this with photovoltaic solar, it is possible, it is necessary to count 2 m² for 2000 Euros TTC (installation and connection). This is similar to your consumption paid to EDF ... 400 W per year is 3504 kWh, or about 350 Euros (but about 5 times more if you sell to EDF ... because the resale price is 55 ctEuro instead of 10 ct Euro when purchased)

If you want photovoltaics, it is much more a choice of renewable production made economically possible by reselling to EDF at an increased price + State / ADEME subsidies.

@+
0 x
School-ogy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by School-ogy » 05/05/08, 19:50

but what he said, yes I do as possible its going to be self 24/24 is the extreme
gone I just arrived I will not take my head sorry Christophe.
I stay on 12h / d

and how much battery to power the 400watt

and with the batteries alone charged how long I could last

ex: I charge in the morning and after noon (according to my consumption and use it in the evening and at night

please
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/05/08, 20:37

well, let's get out of the debate:

Watts = Intensity (amps) * Volts (230)

therefore: 600 = 2,60 * 230

but, generally the batteries are in 12 or 24 volts,
for this power, I recommend 24 volts

so:

600 watts = 2,60 * 10 * 24 volts except for a few things

therefore, you must be able to charge 26 amp hours * 24 = 624 amp hours: this is a beautiful piece (5 truck batteries in parallel)

and you need PV panels capable of recharging this battery in about 8 hours. Help !

That said, I am a little skeptical: it is downright a server your bike, 1 computer of 1,8GHz consumes about 100 watts plus 50 for the monitor
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
School-ogy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by School-ogy » 05/05/08, 21:05

bingo he won yes : Mrgreen: it's a server which is also my pc with crt screen

then it is possible for 12 hours with 5 truck batteries

but very expensive : Evil:

someone could tell me the total cost of battery + panel

which battery to take
which panel to take

please
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 05/05/08, 21:49

Hi school boy

For the prices, you type "photovoltaic solar kit" on your favorite search engine and you will find an idea

Producing electricity is not free, far from it, you need equipment.
As for saying that photovoltaics is a renewable energy, there is matter for discussion, but this is not the subject of the day

1 200 Ah battery: 540 euros, you need 3
1 solar panel 150 W: 840 euros, you need at least 6 (over-production during the day, because at night, we draw on batteries)
1 charge regulator 100 euros
1 500/1000 W converter 100 euros
+ peripheral equipment, cable etc.

Total not far from 7000 euros to run a simple 400W server 24h / 24h!
Without counting the lifespan of the batteries and panels!

By easy to compete with EDF isn't it?

A+
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/05/08, 22:06

Hi Looping,

I think that financially and technically, better feed everything back into the EDF network, and get what we need via a traditional meter and subscription ...

For example, the management and renewal of batteries is very painful ... And the financial gain very minimal if you do not go through a resale to EDF.

Now, if we are on an isolated site, we are forced to use your technical proposal.

@+
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 05/05/08, 22:29

hi Remundo

Since you are talking about it (I suspected that we would eventually tackle the subject of profitability), here is what I think of the connection to the network:

EDF is obliged to buy back 0.55 cents per KWh (0.3 + 0.25 subsidy)
The investment in photovoltaic panels, approved converter, installation and procedures to be charged (financial and time of the individual)

Where is the ecological aspect in all this?
The panels: zero balance (we have already talked about it)
Equipment and energy expended: negative balance (life too short)
The distribution of public money to subsidize a form of energy production that is more than difficult to justify: catastrophic outcome. Public money is our foremost.

Investing 10000 euros to produce the equivalent of what an iron consumes is crazy!

So to say that the connection to the network is profitable because the photovoltaic KWh is bought at a golden price by EDF, is to admit that public money, through subsidies, only serves to fill the pockets of certain wealthy insiders , who are undoubtedly the first beneficiaries of this system for which they voted.
It is a shame and a swindle of the State towards itself which must be denounced.
I would never encourage such an approach, because it has nothing ecological. Just one more abbateratian of our capitalist society, gangrained by short-term profit

That's all, but it's said

A+
0 x
School-ogy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by School-ogy » 05/05/08, 22:48

loop wrote:hi Remundo

Since you are talking about it (I suspected that we would eventually tackle the subject of profitability), here is what I think of the connection to the network:

EDF is obliged to buy back 0.55 cents per KWh (0.3 + 0.25 subsidy)
The investment in photovoltaic panels, approved converter, installation and procedures to be charged (financial and time of the individual)

Where is the ecological aspect in all this?
The panels: zero balance (we have already talked about it)
Equipment and energy expended: negative balance (life too short)
The distribution of public money to subsidize a form of energy production that is more than difficult to justify: catastrophic outcome. Public money is our foremost.

Investing 10000 euros to produce the equivalent of what an iron consumes is crazy!

So to say that the connection to the network is profitable because the photovoltaic KWh is bought at a golden price by EDF, is to admit that public money, through subsidies, only serves to fill the pockets of certain wealthy insiders , who are undoubtedly the first beneficiaries of this system for which they voted.
It is a shame and a swindle of the State towards itself which must be denounced.
I would never encourage such an approach, because it has nothing ecological. Just one more abbateratian of our capitalist society, gangrained by short-term profit

That's all, but it's said

A+

you advise me what to stay on edf or there is something else
wind power is good or the same
there will always be batteries :|
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/05/08, 23:21

Hi Looping,

Well, in what you say, there is truth, but it is far too extreme, as well in the prices as in the judgment with the cookie cutter. Finally, it's my humble opinion ...

The installation of PV panel costs in the 1000 Euros TTC / m².

Thereupon, an individual recovers 500 Euros in tax credit.

So his m² costs him 500 EUros.

Now, what's in it for him.

Annual production 100 kWh well exposed in the north of France (south orientation, roof at 30 °), or 55 Euros
(1,7 times more in Nice ...)

Take the very unfavorable case of the North, 55 Euros. The installation pays for itself in 9 years. Since the lifespan is 25 years guaranteed, roughly 90% of new performance, you can see that for 16 years, it's all beneficial.

Without state aid, it is still profitable, but the benefit does not take place until the 18th year ... far too long, and especially psychologically too far away.

The ecological aspect is the strong point regardless of any financial aspect. It is estimated that PV panels require 5 years of operation to reimburse the CO2 cost of their manufacture and recycling. So 20 years of effective reduction in CO2 emissions.

The system currently in place for the PV is not as revolting as that and allows the PV players to live, in particular R&D and craftsmen, and then it brings in VAT : Idea: ... I prefer that public money be put there rather than certain other positions on which I will not expand :D

For Ecole Ogie, do your accounts, educate yourself, and do as you please. If you want to do PV, I strongly advise against self-consumption via batteries. Have 10 m² of PV installed. They will provide you with 110 W on average in the north and 200 W in the south for 10000 Euros including tax, or 5000 after tax assistance. Over 25 years, you earn around 25x550 = 13750 Euros. Not the fortune over 25 years, but not the ruin either!

Reinject everything on EDF and take your needs at will on the same EDF network which serves you as free and managed energy storage for free, and in a much more reliable way what an individual can do with batteries ...

And buy yourself a little laptop : Lol:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/05/08, 11:11

or a flat screen or the standby very often!

if not better: batteries to recover to regenerate, and wind turbine to build yourself + regulator no it's not pipeau it's realistic: www.nrjrealiste.fr

otherwise if you are an association and you declare your budget, well choose the wind turbine anyway! -)
0 x