Recharge the batteries with old ones?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/10/07, 17:15

Christophe wrote:Well you think the idea has been pumped back here?
Did you find the "trick" on your own?

It does not matter, but it would be okay for them to quote the sources ... but it would not be the 1ere nor the last we come to learn about our forums.

After all, it's done for that forum no?

I don't know if the "Elektor" thing "got pumped here but it's quite possible. Before posting to the forumEleven months ago, I did a search with google and also on espacenet and I did not find anything about it. As far as I'm concerned, I have not pumped anywhere.

Anyway, they are not the first.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/10/07, 17:32

Well, you can always send them a "cordial" email ... but it's up to you to see if it's worth it?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/10/07, 18:26

I downloaded Elektor's article and it seems obvious to me now that it has been pumped here because at first we criticize the principle (which I presented here) as being much too simple, it's a fact , but it was not possible to present on Econology a more advanced circuit because most forumThey do not have knowledge of electronics.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/10/07, 18:35

Leo Maximus wrote:because most forumThey do not have knowledge of electronics.

Well for me it is clear (well I know when the same basic component) ... but a lot of other evil not touch ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/10/07, 14:32

The main criticism of the circuit by the magazine Elektor is that there is no device to know that a battery is completely out of order, short-circuit or reverse polarity, and it is possible that the load stops from a single cell is out of order, it is a fact.

So here's a more sophisticated system:

It uses a switching power supply, here a single integrated circuit, which boosts the voltage of a used battery at a high enough voltage to allow charging of one or more Ni-Cd or Ni-MH under a slow stream. The advantage of this system is that when the battery is fully used the switching power supply simply stops working ... so no problem when the battery is HS.

The built-in switching power supply circuit is a TL496 from Texas Instruments (datasheet: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/3915411.html )
It provides a DC volts 7,2 from 1,2 volts voltage of a battery. This voltage, rated for a battery, corresponds to that of a battery already quite used. According to the datasheet of TL496 the minimum input voltage is 1,1 volts, but in practice the TL496 continues to operate with a voltage 0,85 volts. Even with as low a voltage the circuit can still provide a current of several mA.

The output of TL496C provides the charging current with the resistor R which serves to limit the current and feeds a charging indicator LED with a low consumption 2 mA. The LED remains lit as long as there load. Both output circuits are separated by two 1N4001 diodes to the LED is turned on by the "used" battery, not the battery.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/04/09, 18:43

Hello,

My thing will soon be a televison show, the report was filmed last week.

How many batteries are thrown away each day and how much energy they contain yet? Do the math. This energy is fully recoverable.

8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/04/09, 20:46

Where? Where?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/04/09, 21:29

Christophe wrote:Image
Where? Where?

M6 and 100% Mag!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/04/09, 21:31

M6 shit shit ... I have not, and I have no access to the stream ...

You enregistreras and put it on Youtube or EconoTV please?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/04/09, 22:14

Christophe wrote:M6 shit shit ... I have not, and I have no access to the stream ...

No M6! : Shock:

Christophe wrote:You enregistreras and put it on Youtube or EconoTV please?

OK, I also do a blog account after the show.

It is a considerable amount of energy that is thrown in the trash, in addition to the most expensive per watt! When the batteries can no longer perform their function, because the voltage has fallen too low (<1,1 V), they are discarded while they still contain 30, 40, 50% or even more of their energy. Supposing that an earthling throws away a battery per week, we are not far from the billion batteries thrown away per day. I had a lot of difficulty convincing the electrical engineers who then said: "come on, come on, of course it's obvious !!!" : Lol:

Of course we can recharge batteries with a charger but the performance is dismal because of the transformer with small iron section and the constant current supply.

8)
0 x