Recharge alkaline batteries?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 27/10/06, 23:16

Hi Beaver,
one last message regarding the tuner,
there is on the site access to docs describing what you can do (or not) with it's worth downloading them is very informative.
There is adjustment a person on the yahoo group who asked the question of the input voltage to go from 12 to 24 V, a priori it is necessary to change a resistance.
Here
A+
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Peter Johnson
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Peter Johnson » 28/10/06, 01:18

Beaver, I find your idea very interesting, and I think it can work pretty well, of course.
But it's a bit complicated for the average consumer, you know a lot about DIY and electro I think to get you started. In any case it's nice, as long as it's green, it's good : Cheesy:
I think you're on the right track with this.

By cons there is a point or I do not agree,
when you say this:
A "portable" solar charger, you use it inside, from time to time when you have 3 batteries to recharge, that is to say not often and under a not optimun lighting

Maybe you speak for yourself? In this case I understand, but a portable solar charger as you say, that you can see in detail now (recently) on my site http://www.PiloSoleil.com
(in case you forgot the address, you or someone else, and no .. I am not (yet) shareholder 8) ) is used very often outside! (with some you can even hang it on your backpack by bike)
So here, did you think of people who go by bike for example one day in good weather to hike in the middle of nature. It's always practical to be able to recharge your batteries or mobile phone (many models are compatible ..) in the middle of a field, in front of a stream and next to a cherry blossom : Lol:
Another example, some of us like to go to the mountains, on vacation or on weekends. We cannot say that at high altitude the sunshine is not optimal. And you know, very sincerely I think we have to try to think of everyone. In this example, in my opinion, the dozens of batteries (disposable, we throw only disposables) that people had to throw in the streams of our mountains (in France, but not only) must do a lot of damage still in this moment in this degrading.
Here it is, it is a little long, and do not think that I seek to criticize you, I simply wanted to try to correct your remarks dear friend :D

Renaud, thank you for your advice, my site needs a lot of suggestions to improve it at the moment, it will be done shortly.

bye
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 28/10/06, 21:07

Bonsoir.

Thanks to Renaud, actually after a second look the Tunecharger seems to be more complete than I thought (it could well serve me : Cheesy: ).

for PeterJohson the fact that your products can be used outside seems to me a good thing. I looked on your site. The solar phone charger seems to me to be very useful for a hiker.
A little thing that could be improved celon moi, it seems to me that there is no fixing point allowing to hang it on a backpack, tent ... it's a shame!

I do not take your remarks very well, no need to justify you.
Thank you for not having used the word "hiker" to designate assholes who pollute stupidly.
0 x
Science begins with curiosity.
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/05/07, 18:03

0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/05/07, 08:29

I looked carefully at the curves of the batbooster:

in fact, the total capacity found is around 50%,with the batteries tested and the charge used to measure the curves(important nuance, maybe it's better with an expensive battery)
This shows that it is "possible", even interesting, in particular if it exempts us from driving 5 km by car in an emergency pcq we want to operate a device.
However, the voltage drop is quite rapid, and some devices will not like (poorly designed pcq, I agree).
in my opinion, the benefit is especially for devices that do not consume occasional use: tuner, measuring device, ... because of the fairly significant increase in the internal resistance of the battery.
It is the kind of profitable device in a family where there are children.
Now you have to ask yourself the question of behavior on recharged batteries before the moment when the device does not go at all.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 31/05/07, 19:12

PeterJohson wrote:So here, did you think of people who go by bike for example one day in good weather to hike in the middle of nature. It's always practical to be able to recharge your batteries or mobile phone (many models are compatible ..) in the middle of a field, in front of a stream and next to a cherry blossom : Lol:

Hello

great your demonstration; but what does a nature lover do with a laptop?
for night security the lamps without batteries exist and work perfectly.
remove the cellphone, the MP3 player, pick up your guitar and make your voice better and leave the inhabitants of streams and cherry blossoms in peace : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 31/05/07, 23:02

elephant wrote:Now you have to ask yourself the question of behavior on recharged batteries before the moment when the device does not go at all.

Probably as well, if not better (impulse charge) than conventional NiMh (or NiCd) battery chargers ... Knowing thata NiMh charger is NOT compatible with NiCd batteries unlike the batboostor battery charger:)

We did not test on conventional batteries (but Christophe could do it) because the first specificity (and therefore what we could doubt) is obviously to be able to recharge disposable batteries ...
0 x
evogt
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by evogt » 18/06/07, 10:23

PeterJohson wrote:I agree with you, indeed, if the batteries are already provided with .. as much use them once, see 2 or 3 .. But personally, I think I do not want to take this risk (burn to acid) to save a few batteries .. yet I'm fighting for the environment!

The electrolyte in alkaline batteries is not acidic, but precisely alkaline: it is potassium hydroxide (KOH), commonly called potassium hydroxide. From my experience, a brief contact with the skin is harmless, it is less aggressive than bleach. Just wash your hands right away.
On the other hand, this attacks the printed circuits, the risk is therefore rather for the devices if the batteries run out.
0 x
evogt
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by evogt » 18/06/07, 10:29

Christine wrote:Probably as well, if not better (impulse charge) than conventional NiMh (or NiCd) battery chargers ... Knowing that [u] a NiMh charger is NOT compatible with NiCd batteries

Ah no, it's the opposite. A NiMH charger is perfectly capable of charging NiCd batteries, but not vice versa. The reason lies in the end-of-charge detection by -dV / dt which must be more sensitive in the case of NiMH batteries whose end-of-charge peak is much less marked than that of NiCd.
0 x
yukulele2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by yukulele2 » 11/08/08, 00:44

Be logical above all !!
recharge your alkaline at 1,15v and as soon as it is a little hot or at 1,5v stop recharging! use a slow charger of the current type of charge scheduled for 14 to 16 hours with a small programmer to cut the juice at the right time;

once I put a new battery by mistake it did pshiiiit and I had to disassemble the charger and pass it under water to remove the basic solution !! the risk of fire is real in the absence of absence ...
greetings
0 x