Linky: hoaxes and fakes circulating on the Internet!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Linky: hoaxes and fakes circulating on the Internet!

by izentrop » 15/04/16, 23:27

Hello,
France Inter made a show this week:Linky, a meter too connected?

With Bernard Lassus, director of the Linky program at ERDF
And Nicolas Mouchnino, project manager for energy and environment at the UFC than choose.
And Stéphane Lhomme, anti-nuclear and anti-Linky activist
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/16, 12:17

And what did they say? In summary?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/04/16, 14:55

Hello,
The 93 comments provide more than the debate or basically we gave too much to the representative of ERDF and not enough to the opponents. Especially Stéphane Lhomme, anti-nuclear activist and anti-Linky who intervened at the end by phone, several times cut by Bruno Duvic.

Clément's message from the editor:
Good morning all ! I have answered all the emails that have been sent to us. I leave here the answer that Bruno Duvic made by email. Be aware above all, that there is no censorship or lobbying. The only messages which do not pass are, or insulting, or all in capital letters, for the sake of reading for others. With that, thank you for following us on France Inter, see you tomorrow! Warmly, Clément "Hello, I hear your anger, shared by other listeners. Just a few words to try to convince you… - The report was in Varennes sur Seine, a town very opposed to Linky. First extract of the report in the credits then two parts with the long words of the mayor then of a resident - The listener who went on the air had a very critical point of view on Linky - The questions pointed out all the reproaches addressed to the meter - The guest of UFC that Choose certainly had a point of view not entirely critical but all the same enough to load on the meter, by defending in particular the idea on several occasions that the proof of what it brought to consumers was not established - Stéphane Lhomme (3rd guest on the phone): I had to cut it off at the start because it called into question the credibility of the guests, in particular the UFC representative who chose who has the misfortune to have a point of view more nuanced than his. that by correction vis-à-vis the guests, I can not do otherwise. And unfortunately, this kind of sterile controversy takes up speaking time which is by definition limited. Too bad, because he had some interesting things to say. - It seems difficult to me to devote a program to Linky without hearing ERDF's point of view. Continue to write to us, even when we do not agree, it is always the source of a questioning, believe it ... Sincerely Bruno Duvic "

The ERDF guy certifies that before the installation, the town hall and the people are warned by mail, then an appointment is agreed before laying, then
that several speakers say the opposite. (comment of Brisacier for example)

A lot of the comments are afraid of the waves and big brother. On this last subject, as far as I can remember, ERDF certifies that the CPL network will be secure and will not be accessible directly via the Internet and that the CNIL is watching.

Wait & see :|
0 x
xpascal
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by xpascal » 24/04/16, 16:12

I also think that Linky's danger is exaggerated.
I already use CPL and WIFI in my house; if Linky is dangerous, I should also use CPL and WIFI in my house, but I'm so used to using them, I find them so convenient, that I would have a hard time getting by.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 31/05/16, 19:46

Finally a little common sense:

Linky meters emit less waves than induction hobs

By Jean-Marc De Jaeger the 31 / 05 / 2016 Le Figaro

A report indicates that Linky users have very low exposure to electromagnetic fields. This new electric meter is controversial because, in particular, of its supposed health impact.

Should we dread the waves of Linky? The National Frequency Agency (ANFR) has carried out a study on the levels of electromagnetic fields created by these meters, progressively installed by ERDF in 35 millions of French households. The information collected continuously by these "smart" meters are stored to be transmitted, once a day between midnight and 6 in the morning, to the neighborhood transformer. An operation that never takes more than a minute.

These meters communicate by power line technology (PLC); in other words, the signal flows in the cables of the electrical network by superimposing itself on the electric current. These outlets are frequently used by individuals, to connect a computer to an Internet box when these two devices are distant from each other, for example. According to GFK, CPL sales increased by 21% in one year.

"Linky meters are not radio transmitters. However, like any electrical device, they create in their vicinity an electromagnetic field, "observes the ANFR. The levels of these electric fields are of the order of 1 volt / meter to 20 cm of the meter, while the regulatory limit is 87 volts / meter. These emission levels are comparable with those of the old generation electricity meters.

Health concerns

"These first results show that Linky meters create exposure in the electric field and in the magnetic field comparable to other everyday electrical equipment", concludes the ANFR. The Linky meter emits less electromagnetic waves than a connected babyphone jack, a cordless electric drill or an induction cooktop. Linky even emits 300 less waves than a good old CRT television set. A previous report from the ANFR indicated that Linky emitted 120 times less than a refrigerator and 800 times less than a toaster.

The authors of the report specify that the meters studied were not equipped with Linky radio transmitters. These optional transmitters allow transfer of Linky meter data to devices inside the home. The ANFR adds that it will complete its studies by carrying out measurements at the private individuals before and after the installation of the Linky meter.

This report is supposed to meet the expectations of various associations, such as Robin Hood or Priartem, who deplored the lack of study on the health impact of Linky. "No previous health impact study has been carried out, either for the Linky or for Wi-FI at school, while the signs of health risks exist," said in October Priartem, association defending health people with hypersensitivity to the waves. For several months, this mistrust has led many consumers, traders and municipalities to refuse the installation of this new meter.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high-tec ... uction.php
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/05/16, 20:03

it continues to maintain the confusion between CPL informatique and CPL linky

the computer PLC superimposes on the network of frequencies up to 30MHz to make a flow of information useful in computer science

the CPL llinky walk at 150 kHz, for a flow of information much lower than the CPL computer ... in addition it sends side network and filter not to send home side ... so nobody will see the CPL signal of linky

the computer PLC has been criticized by the amateur radio because it scrambles the short wave, but at this frequency there is no danger for the health

the 800 or 900MHz gsm is still discussing the danger ... to 2,5GHz wifi or microwave we know that it is dangerous to put your hand in a furnace 800W but wifi does not 800 W
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 01/06/16, 09:48

izentrop wrote:ERDF certifies that the CPL network will be secure and will not be accessible directly via the Internet and that the CNIL is watching.
And of course no hacker will be able to cross the security as ERDF is stronger than the NSA : Wink:

As for the CNIL, it gives no opinion on security, only on the content that is collected.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/06/16, 18:02

To follow the announcement of Lessdewatt:
The article of the ANFR which carried out the study http://www.linformaticien.com/actualite ... isson.aspx

and the technical report for the balises: http://www.anfr.fr/fileadmin/mediathequ ... _vdef2.pdf
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 01/06/16, 21:42

Soon the million Linky counters laid.

More than 870.000 Linky communicating meters were installed in six months

AFP 01 / 06 / 2016

Six months after launching the deployment of the Linky communicating electric meter, Enedis (ERDF) has installed 871.000 boxes in French homes, said Wednesday a manager of the subsidiary of EDF in charge of the low and medium voltage electricity network.

"We install around 8.000 per day. There are 438 municipalities in which we have installed meters", detailed Bernard Lassus, director of the Linky program at Enedis (ex-ERDF), during the Smart Energies trade fair in Paris.

Enedis has set itself the goal of having installed 3 millions of these anise green boxes by the end of the year, on the 35 million counters that will be deployed in French homes by the end of 2021.

The pace of deployment will accelerate to go up to 40.000 per day.

The site has already generated 2.000 jobs at companies that manufacture (Sagemcom, Landis + Gyr, Itron ...) and pose (Solutions 30, Satelec, GMV ...) for Enedis these meters, said Mr. Lassus, on 10.000 advertised on the entire process.

This "smart" meter, which will replace the old electricity meters, makes it possible to avoid the passage of a technician to read the current consumption. It is measured in real time and transmitted once a day to the electricity supplier, in particular allowing more precise billing than that based on estimates.

But this box has critics who question the reality of its benefits, including the expected gains in electricity consumption. Some are also concerned about possible health risks related to electromagnetic waves emitted by the meter.

This week, the National Frequency Agency (ANFR) has put online a study concluding that the levels of electromagnetic fields emitted by the new Linky electric meters are not greater than those of current meters or any electrical device classical

http://www.boursorama.com/actualites/pl ... a89d699c2f
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/06/16, 22:08

You will notice the contradiction between these two sentences:
The site has already generated 2.000 jobs ... on 10.000 announced on the entire process.

This "smart" meter, (...) makes it possible to avoid the passage of a technician to read the current consumption.
Job creation, even temporary as it is here (first quote), is perceived as eminently positive, as are productivity gains (second quote).
This however remains in conformity with the "logic" of a social functioning based on work (by which each one relates to the others through the commodity) which, on the other hand, constrains to constantly seek the productivity gains which destroy this. job...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."