Refrigerator and washing machine consumption

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
melcher
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Refrigerator and washing machine consumption

by melcher » 05/04/10, 15:03

Hello everybody.

I am currently a second year student in BTS Social Social Economy. As part of my studies, I have to design a project and my theme concerns energy savings.

However, I'm having trouble finding some data that I absolutely need.

Can you give me data, sites or leads, where I could find a comparison of energy consumption between a refrigerator over 10 years old and another under 1 years.
And the same for the consumption of the washing machine.

Thank you in advance.
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 24/04/10, 20:26

difficult to specify, especially as consumption will vary according to several parameters

the cycle at 30, 40, 60 degrees
the amount of laundry will affect the consumption of the motor which turns the drum
the water temperature will affect the consumption of the heating resistance as well as the quantity of laundry
but we can calculate the consumption if we know the times of each cycle
meanwhile I have no data, but if I have the opportunity, I will make measurements and communicate them here but to compare 2 machines, it will be more difficult ditto for the fridge
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 24/04/10, 20:50

yeah actually it is not obvious it depends mainly on the program .... and the regul
in terms of energy classification (A, B, C..etc) you can absolutely not trust it : Cry:
because a class A twin engine fridge will consume more than a class C mono engine ...

now necessarily in 10 years there is a diff, but may not be as blatant as you might think
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/04/10, 21:35

unless you have a good crystal ball you cannot predict at all

there are good quality refrigeration compressors whose performance remains the same 50 years later: there are old refrigerators whose performance is quite honorable

there are compressors which wear out quickly and which consume more and more, there are bad insulation materials which fall into ruin, there is the dust and the cobwebs which obstruct the passage of air back and overheat

there are the kitchen units that miserably enclose the fridge and miserably degrade the performance of the best new fridge

useless conclusion to take into account of generality on the + or - of 10 years: it is necessary to put a good energy meter on the fridge and measure how much it consumes
0 x