12V LED bulb and "electronic" transformer

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
herbert_leonard
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by herbert_leonard » 23/11/09, 17:02

AND IF : : Cheesy:

There is no indication on the box, nothing on the site!
In addition Lexman seems to be a distributor brand of the Leroy M ...

Nothing on the spot either : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/09, 17:04

Play the guarantee : Mrgreen:

On the spot it's probably AC ... in DC it's rare ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 23/11/09, 17:35

Herbert

Depending on which one you dismantled, they can work very well in AC and DC.

Christophe

If you read the whole subject you will better understand why a simple diode and a condo do the trick to correct these pseudo-sinus diet.

:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Did67

by Did67 » 23/11/09, 18:18

1) I am not following you, guys. The LED bulbs on the Leroy-Merlin page, it's not 12 V DC, right ???

2) I put some (not Leroy-Merlin, but similar ones; apart from the quality control which differs, it must all be Chinese coming from neighboring factories and operating on the same principle) on different type of transformer (including a "dish" for lighting paintings; including an "old heavy"; including 3 medium classics for halogens of the same kind as the one you put the image Christophe), for the moment everything works (since go, 1 at 2 or 3 months). On a single bulb (out of twenty), four LEDs out of forty no longer give, but I think rather that it is a problem of soldering on a circuit - low end!).

FYI, I put a ramp of LED bulbs on a dimmer. I always put it fully, but I go from zero to 12 V the time to turn the dial. For now, everything is resisting .... I was wondering ...

Hey guys, beware: I don't guarantee anything. I did, without asking myself too many questions. So far it works. Maybe not 150 hours !!!!

I have one of the transformers which began to make "noise" (slight crackling that you hear when you are close, it did not do it before).
0 x
herbert_leonard
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by herbert_leonard » 23/11/09, 20:36

Re

Alain G

If my beauf can weld all that quickly, I take your walkthrough, the cheapest it is clear. Otherwise, I take an LED converter, at 25 E I will not die and I can put it in the luminaire box.

Herbert
0 x
herbert_leonard
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by herbert_leonard » 24/11/09, 09:53

re

A little question of neophyte again : Mrgreen:

The more LEDs you want to put on a converter, the higher the output voltage required?
I see that devices offering 12 V are only recommended for 3 LEDs max, and if we want to put more, there are converters that go up to 24 or 36, depending on the power of the spots of course.

A +!

Herb
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/11/09, 10:45

Did67 wrote:1) I am not following you, guys. The LED bulbs on the Leroy-Merlin page, it's not 12 V DC, right ???

Well I would rather go for AC ... since most of the existing MR16 ramps are supplied with 12V AC (with an old "heavy" ferric transformer).

I had in my hands a "Chinese" bulb with multileds like yours ONLY 12V AC it was noted above. It worked in DC but illuminated 50-60% less than in AC.

All the others that I saw were given to work in AC / DC. When nothing is noted as for Hebert: mystery!

Putting a DC transformer will, I think, solve Herbert's problem. There are small ones of the small AC 60 VA template that I put above. No need to bother with frankly serialization ....

Test see with a battery if you don't have a 12V DC source
0 x
herbert_leonard
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by herbert_leonard » 24/11/09, 10:54

Yes i think i will take this it is the right size

If not, how do you calculate the amperage needed for LED spotlights? Often nothing is marked

retreatment
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/11/09, 11:30

If it is in parallel you have nothing to calculate ... it is just necessary that the total power of the LEDs installed is lower than that of the transformer ...

Ideally (best efficiency), the power drawn should be close to the maximum power of the transformer - 10 to 20% margin ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 24/11/09, 11:33

Maybe I'm off topic?
: Cheesy:

While passing by Gifi, I saw that they offered a myriad of LED garlands for holiday illuminations…

At 30, 60, 120, 240 white and multicolored LEDs (rather nightlights than spots).

I looked carefully:
some have an ignition sequencer, but all are supplied with 24V, coming from a 230V transformer supplied.
0 x