Opinion on an estimate of photovoltaic panels

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Did67

by Did67 » 21/05/09, 11:39

citro wrote:
1 / These are radiators that can be used at low temperatures. 8)
2 / The installer has recommended a cumulative heating power of 13.275W to delta T 50k.
3 / The cumulative radiant surface of the front panels represents more than 11m² to heat 115m².

My annual gas consumption represents 16.000kWh for heating and DHW.

I think that the boiler will be a model of 12kW maxi, which may be limited to 9kW 8)
Can you confirm me the good dimensioning of the radiators. :?:

I am not a pro. I only know the principle. I had a long speech on another forum, in fact. I summarize :

- for there to be a gain with condensation, it must condense!

- it condenses a max if the return temperature of the water is as cold as possible: ideally, a heated floor return to 28 °; in this case, a max of water vapor resulting from the combustion condenses in your condenser and makes you gain the latent heat of change of state ...

- the more you deviate from these 28/30 ° and you approach around 55 ° C (temperature from which it no longer condenses), the less it condenses, and therefore the less you "earn" (all the ads honest say "to 25% savings ... ")

- the gas condenses more than the fuel that condenses more than the wood (it is a question of proportion of respective atoms of C and H in the fuel, the H, which gives H²O, is max with the natural gas : CH4, a little less with propane, less with fuel ...)

- unfortunately, I have often read about forums, replacements of boilers on old circuits (in cast iron) without the heating engineers finding fault.

So, there, I'm not really able to estimate your temperature back. That's what's decisive.

In the absence of sophisticated calculations, what is certain is that by oversizing the radiators you lower your operating temperature of your circuit, so you increase your gains related to condensation ...

Finally, there are special radiators, called "low temperatures", with fins, like the old car radiators. I installed 3 JAGA bypassing heated floors. The circuit is almost cold (to the touch) and yet it heats up !!!!

At home, pellets condense!

Without ads, this is where: http://www.jaga.be/Global.aspx?TV=0&RF=0

For Christophe: it's Belgian!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/05/09, 13:46

: Arrow: I went to see the professional Friday, he told me that given the size of radiators he had planned, the boiler would condense very well and would therefore be much more economical than our current boiler.
8)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/05/09, 17:36

If he says it!

But, notes that there are some that say a lot of bullshit when it comes to selling - see all that is said about PAC, photovoltaics, etc ...

Ask him always to put a small siphon with a cap on the drain of the condensate, it will allow you to collect them and you'll see if he said true!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/05/09, 21:24

: Arrow: I am very confident.
I had a thermal report made by my brother-in-law, a thermal engineer. And I could see that the power of the radiators recommended on the quote is 35% higher than the needs estimated by my brother-in-law.
8)
This should therefore VERY well condense. :D
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 25/05/09, 22:52

I find this "thread" of discussions super interesting!
A remark / question / suggestion: when does a summary of this situation and a practical econological guide with some rules and / or an array in * .xls to make the calculations so that everyone finds there ???

The PV interests me too, if I knew how and how much, I could with the roof of my French house (I have no other) produce power and according to the expression of a guy seen at the TV, make a profitable investment for my old age.

Is there any of our friend econologists (or both) who could do this to us?

Or will we have to wait for the association to be born to ask one of its members to do that to us ... and thus to promote, the pros who frequent this forum "generalissimo"!

Miawwww! :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/05/09, 08:53

: Arrowu: Oh, I think I would put all the kWh produced in a spreadsheet with much more pleasure than I do for my kWh consumed.
: Lol:

That said there are already many sites or blogs on which we can find numbers.
I'm thinking of the PhotoVoltaic Database: OCAE.
8)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/05/09, 08:53

I have one. XLS used to calculate the PV installations, but you have to put the data of the panels and inverters by hand.
There is also a nifty program to download from the sma site, but if it takes into account lots of panel types, it only calculates sma inverters.
sma inverters are frankly good, but a bit limited in voltage range, so you sometimes have to make expensive compromises to stay in the brand.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/05/09, 10:03

elephant wrote:SMa inverters are frankly good, but somewhat limited in voltage range, so you sometimes have to make expensive compromises to stay in the brand.
And what do you think about Sunny Boy and Solar Max. :?:
I am offered an SB3000 or a solar max equivalent to handle 8 panels SCHUCO premium S 360 PM 5.
This represents 2.88 kWc or 3200 kWh / year.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/05/09, 15:48

the sunny boy are sma!

for each type of panel, you need to know

peak power
Vmpp
VOCC
I max
temperature coefficient in voltage (in V / ° K or in% / ° K)

only then can one calculate how to connect them.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/09, 15:49

Citro I hope you will feed your electric car with your panels eh?
0 x