Volkswagen Golf GTE85 MORE: Hybrid multifuel SYCOMOREEN

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Remundo

Re: Volkswagen Golf GTE85 MORE: Hybrid multifuel SYCOMOREEN

by Remundo » 26/05/23, 12:13

this is estimated for thermal mileage. No indication on board regarding this.

The cold combustion engine starts up calmly, except in kickdown in electric mode, I noticed that once and I didn't like it at all, so don't do it again...

Apart from that, the management of the thermal block and its relationship with the electrical part is very good and well automated.

I repeat myself, but I suspect friction in the fuel circuits, from the pumps to the injectors.

There is also the turbo hypothesis...

or while I vacuumed in an area where deposits had accumulated

mystery !
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/05/23, 12:20

I don't remember in which thread, a YouTuber was talking about an additive to be added to this “dry” fuel that is E85 (when used in engine blocks not intended for…)

For my part, I have always tried to take vehicles whose engine block had a variation for “dry” fuels (ethanol or LPG, etc.) and when the same was used for a petrol model (in particular for seat wear of valves)

To find out which ones, you just have to see in Brazil which vehicles run on E85, then go to Oscaro (or another) to see the equivalences in the engine blocks, which appear when you are looking for certain parts...

At VW there is a large E85 compatible fleet that drives there….
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/23, 12:24

Yes Remundo, redo an analysis (well it's 65€ and I don't really believe in the accumulation of metal parts, you followed the sampling protocol I presume? I haven't read the instructions for mine yet but I think that You have to take a hot sample just after a trip so that the oil is well mixed... Metallic particles can accumulate around a magnetic drain plug, as was the case on some engines... , my 1994 VFR for example, but I don't know if this is still done...)

If you estimated the km, how? By ear + notebook? Are you the only user or Madame takes it too?

As much as you may be at 40 km or more on engine oil... :?: :?: :?:

Uh kickdown? uh what is that?
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/23, 12:28

Obamot wrote:I don't remember in which thread, a YouTuber was talking about an additive to be added to this “dry” fuel that is E85 (when used in engine blocks not intended for…)

For my part, I have always tried to take vehicles whose engine block had a variation for “dry” fuels (ethanol or LPG, etc.) and when the same was used for a petrol model (in particular for seat wear of valves)

To find out which ones, you just have to see in Brazil which vehicles run on E85, then go to Oscaro (or another) to see the equivalences in the engine blocks, which appear when you are looking for certain parts...

At VW there is a large E85 compatible fleet that drives there….

I would be very surprised if there were turbos dedicated to E85 for example...the valve seats maybe...but in this case it must be done as standard and therefore all E85 vehicles "converted" by "magic" kits are doomed to faster wear... : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:

Production E85 cars (= bought new from the dealer) are still quite rare! From memory, Saab and Volvo offered them at one time...I haven't done a recent search...but they don't advertise them on TV anyway!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/05/23, 12:29

the estimate is made on the basis of consumption in L/100 km

I do 3L/200 km for a consumption of 7L/100km in all thermal

I usually take 2/5 of the total mileage, you can do 3/7, but in mental arithmetic it's harder.

Le kick down, it's flat out, and it can mess around on a GTE. Quick explanation: you are driving electric without having started the engine (which is cold). You accelerate for an overtaking, but the overtaking happens moderately, you accelerate fully to extend, and there the electronics starts the thermal and tries to give you 200 Ch... : roll:

It happened to me once or twice, there was even a time when I stopped my overtaking. It's something that I don't like in the GTE, but hey... it has plenty of quality.

Namely that the GTE has a special oil supposed to lubricate correctly even when cold... : roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/23, 12:36

Remundo wrote:the estimate is made on the basis of consumption in L/100 km

I do 3L/200 km for a consumption of 7L/100km in all thermal

I usually take 2/5 of the total mileage.

Uh...sorry Remundo but that's not a good method!

It's not so much the km that counts in the wear of an engine but the engine hours... (too bad it's not indicated on the dashboard! It is on industrial engines.. .)

Let me explain: if you run an engine at idle for 1 month at a standstill, it will take 0 km but will take 24*30 = 720 h...if you had driven these 720h at 55 km/h on average it is the equivalent of 40 km!

In real life, wear is also the RPM, of course, if we assume that the slowdown is at 1/3 of the average driving speed, then you are still at 40 / 3 = 13 km equivalent!

In short, what counts are the engine hours and the average engine speed: 1000h at 4000 rpm does not wear out the same as 1000h at 1500 rpm...

Refining your method seems difficult to me, it's possible but I'm sure it's wrong :( because you certainly have a lot more engine hours / km than you think... and for that you need to know the thermal / electric engine strategy of your GTE!

In short, we can try...even if it seems complicated to me...

What average speed do you drive? And your internal combustion engine is idling at how many L/h? Within 0.8 L/h? It would be nice to have this value...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/05/23, 12:43

of course Dipl Ing Christophe :P

don't worry, my average is 54 km/h for tens of thousands of km. : Oops:

my car is thermally extinguished when stopped, it is made for that by the way.

I don't have much better to estimate the thermal km than to base myself on (mixed average consumption) / (average consumption observed in all thermal).

Separating the electric and thermal kms in a hybrid is a difficult affair, because you can use the 2 propulsions SIMULTANEOUSLY... : roll: one after the other would be easier.

To sum up, my internal combustion engine works in the best possible conditions imaginable.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/23, 12:44

Do you recharge it on the GTE sector? (sorry for any follow-up to this topic)

Edit by Remundo: yes
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/23, 12:45

Remundo wrote:Separating the electric and thermal kms in a hybrid is a difficult affair, because you can use the 2 propulsions SIMULTANEOUSLY... : roll: one after the other would be easier.

This is precisely the concern I wanted to show... and which makes me think that you have a lot more hours or km on the thermal than you think... :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/23, 12:46

Christophe wrote:Do you recharge it on the GTE sector? (sorry for any follow-up to this topic)

Edit by Remundo: yes

And you have the cumulative kWh of all these loads?

Because we could do an approach on the Wh/km...to estimate the energy actually supplied by the motor...so a priori its hours of operation...
1 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"