simple trick to save fuel

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 02/09/07, 15:34

Hello

Attention in the comparisons a carburetor 2 bodies or 4 bodies nozzles of the same diameter, as on the V8 does not compare to a carburetor webwer compound which has a small nozzle and a large nozzle, the large nozzle opens after the 3 / 4 opening of the small nozzle, with a quick mechanism.
In a carburetor engine, the smallest venturi is used for all the power normally required, the nozzles are adapted to the venturi to have the right mixture.

for consumption it is more economical with a small venturi and that of course at the expense of acceleration and maximum power.
If we were only looking for economy, we would use a small pappillon carburetor open at the bottom (better vacuum and spraying in a carburetor without having the pappillon in the path of the gases.

an engine used at its maximum power its efficiency decreases, as a rule it is around 75% of its maximum power that the efficiency remains good and at the speed of its maximum torque that it is the most economical.
These values ​​are variable depending on the construction of the engine and on the vehicle which is installed axle ratio. box ect ..

Andre
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/09/07, 21:13

Crispus wrote:Reducing the size of the nozzle should compensate for this defect ...

https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/richeS.jpg

Indeed, the richness increases faster than the air flow with depression. On the other hand, to optimize that with the main jet without tampering with the emulsion well etc .... I hope that this does not create "holes" at certain speeds. : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/09/07, 14:27

Cuicui wrote:[...] But it is much slower and more comfortable than an XM : Cry:
hee hee hee... : Wink:

As for speed, since I no longer "play" with radars, that limits the interest ... The only thing is that this car is powerful enough to run at 135 on the highway whatever either the slope encountered ... : Mrgreen:

Otherwise, a record broken again: 5.52 l / 100 with the same type of trip as the last time, so about 170 km of highway at 135-140, plus another 270 km of freeways at 100-110 (Economy Run .. .), the rest of the nationals to reach 1500 km, but with a loaded car flushed halfway through the journey (moving) and a small "cleansing" session (4 km thoroughly, thoroughly, fully uphill N-> S du Grand Boeuf, for those who know).

It comes down to saying that if I had the patience, I could reach the homologation consos, i.e. 4.9 l / 100 km at 90 km / h stabilized, which were the standards of the time (1991), by driving on highway at 90 km / h ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 20/10/08, 19:54

I have a new consumption record on my SAAB 9000 i from 1988 petrol 2000 cm 3 and 413 0000km. On a 2000 km stretch of veiled motorway loaded with 5 people + 100 kg of luggage plus gasoline 70 liters at an average speed of 120/130: 7,4 liters / 100km.
The recipe: 40 psi in the tires + a vortex (with) and an adjustable resistance to make a leaner mixture. The consumption for this car is normally 9,5 liters / 100km for this kind of journey. The economy corresponds to 25%. I do not use acetone. But on the other hand I sail downhill and with a loaded car we have very good inertia .....
0 x
there is no absolute truth in the realm of phenomena

gilgamesh