The magnets ...

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
delnoram

by delnoram » 28/10/06, 01:09

Christophe wrote:I have no but then no interest in magnets

You mean you don't get a percentage from the magnet manufacturers? : Shock: : Mrgreen:
Christophe wrote:but just a clarification: your testimony is sorely lacking in precision ... What type of engine? What type of test? What montage? What load? etc., etc..

Who are you talking to? :|
Christophe wrote:ps: delnoram, 4,9L / 100 on your 14 year old box ... what is your secret? an AX Diesel?

Not a 1992 1.9D clio why do you want the same? : Cheesy:
(This is the consumption of the last 6 months, when the cold arrives, the consumption rises :| ).
Last edited by delnoram the 28 / 10 / 06, 10: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 28/10/06, 07:17

Jean-Do57 wrote:the test bench is the only way to take serious measurements.

Hello

the bench is not the only way to make serious measurements and as it takes very few external parameters into account it is the most random way I know to measure a gain in consumption. : Evil:

Finally you are on the right track to become an engineer : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/06, 12:10

zac wrote:the bench is not the only way to make serious measurements and as it takes very few external parameters into account it is the most random way I know to measure a gain in consumption. : Evil:

You exaggerate the ... it still allows to characterize an engine ... the pb is that engine manufacturers swear ONLY by the bench ... This may be why the pantone blocks ... at this stage...

ps: for delnoram I was speaking to Jean-Do except for the PS ...
0 x
John Do57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by John Do57 » 28/10/06, 14:14

Hello,

The engine mounted on the bench is a 2L petrol engine with carburetor, it is an engine that was mounted on the BX or the 405.

We have so far tested an operating point:

1530 rpm
57 Nm
300 mL of gasoline consumed in 3 min 10s whether with or without the magnets.

which gives us an output power of 9,1 kW, an input power of 55,3 kW, and an efficiency for this operating point of 16,5%.

It is normal to have such a low efficiency, since the motor has been used at a rotation frequency lower than its maximum efficiency speed. (about 3000-3500 rpm)
0 x
zac

by zac » 28/10/06, 14:29

Jean-Do57 wrote:Hello,

The engine mounted on the bench is a 2L petrol engine with carburetor, it is an engine that was mounted on the BX or the 405.

We have so far tested an operating point:

1530 rpm
57 Nm
300 mL of gasoline consumed in 3 min 10s whether with or without the magnets.

which gives us an output power of 9,1 kW, an input power of 55,3 kW, and an efficiency for this operating point of 16,5%.

It is normal to have such a low efficiency, since the motor has been used at a rotation frequency lower than its maximum efficiency speed. (about 3000-3500 rpm)

Hello

put your mill at 5500rpm, with a fuel pump with high flow rate (+ tank return like on a diesel) and you will have little to be a positive result.

the magnets are effective only if the fuel passes "quickly" in front of them.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/06, 14:32

Thank you for these details, we already see more clearly ... the magnets have been placed or? On fuel I presume?

In any case with magnets the effectiveness has never been clearly demonstrated and if there is one it would be "lasting" ...
0 x
Other

by Other » 28/10/06, 16:46

Hello

For the magnets to be effective, the fuel flow must be high

Apart from the old carburetor engines, all petrol injection engines there is quite a flow of fuel in the line, ideal for diesel, just disconnect the return and send it in a 25 liter canister is not long as it fills up!

On a diesel you put or the magnets? right on the line that goes to the injection pump, or 1 per injector? (the conduits are made of thick steel), now there are many mounting possibilities, either two magnets in attraction face to face and a few cm further another set face to face with the same polatire, some mounts the second set in opposition for do a kind of alternation or rather a kind of reversal of polarity.
My assembly is in neodymium magnet with a beautiful closed magnetic circuit like the transformers on the gasoline vehicle it is installed for 2 years, but I never succeeded in seeing what really measurable, I let them install because I n don't have time to remove them.
On diesel, I roll a year with magnets, I remove them recently since I walk 100% fried potato, I found that the narrow passage in the magnets made a restion in the fuel circuit (oil).
On another forum the only guy who had results posed a series of magnet end to end on the conduit, Those of a company which sells this, he poses 3 series of magnets with an insertion of polarity on the middle set, that I haven't tried it yet ..
But in principle when I cannot measure even a little bit, I do not continue in this direction, unless I made a big construction error, but if there is something it is very weak. It is true that I had the pants at the same time and many adjustments, so that you no longer know what is what
It would be necessary to specify a little more the kind of assemblies that you had done so that we can compare the number of magnets, the polarities, attraction or repulsion, the air gap, (all the rubber conduit) or crushed 4 magnets on the same diameter, or a series of magnet? I do not specify, it is certain that in such an assembly we use only neodymium!

I was wondering where my post was gone now I know!

Andre
0 x
John Do57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by John Do57 » 28/10/06, 18:28

Indeed the ideal would be to make the curve of torque and power with and without magnets. We lacked a little time and petrol to do that, so we only made one operating point.

I used 2 neodymium magnets (20x10x4 mm) placed on the fuel inlet hose just before the carburetor. I'm going to try to put 3 pairs of magnets in a row to see if it changes anything.

Otherwise, at the level of electromagnets, someone has already tested? Do you have to arrange them in the same way as magnets? (for polarity)

thanks.
A+
0 x
Other

by Other » 28/10/06, 18:54

Hello,
with electromagnet we are limited by the saturation of the steel core, even the best oriented crystal alloys do not compete with neodymium magnets, even we must avoid passing the flux of neodymium through iron thicknesses, the magnets must be in almost direct contact with the liquid if possible a small air gap, the iron carcass around to channel the field helps a little, but above all shortcuts the powerful magnetic chams on a full auto sensor, or it could harm

Upload Picture with PicTiger

Be careful, some magnets are polarized north and south on the same face, especially on hard drives, you have to cut them in half, with another magnet it's easy to check.
Good luck don't expect miracles just a little something about driving ...
PS
There is a beautiful little village Marange -Silvange not far from home 15 km ... only good memories ..
Pegasus will recognize on photo No2 a propeller spacer from lycoming ..
Andre
Last edited by Other the 29 / 10 / 06, 16: 41, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/10/06, 19:31

I would like to come back to certain words from Crispus (which, little by little, reveals interesting things to us)

On a "small" engine, if it is also a carburettor, the quantity of gasoline pumped is too low to have a satisfactory flow. However, it is the product of induction x speed that affects the fuel molecules.

With a "small" flow, the speed of the fuel can be replaced by a variation in magnetic flux, by supplying alternating current to an electromagnet perpendicular to the hose. The effect "felt" by the molecules is identical to a rapid passage in front of a permanent magnet.

On a fixed bench, it is not difficult to supply an electromagnet with 50 Hz via a transformer ...

1) induction X speed product: it really reminds me of the things I saw on the pantonizers sites, about ionization, gas speed, magnetized rod or not. But where do you get this principle from?

2) by tweaking the alternator a bit we can have all the alternative we want, right?

Christophe, you frighten us with your statement on the behavior of the pantone on the bench, but apart from you, who made extensive tests on the bench in French-speaking pants (copyright elephant :D ), with substantial loads (like 30-40 kW?)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be