Stop & Start System (SST) for any car?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/07/13, 19:21

the advantage of good electronics that we master 100% is that it is not an investment attached to the car! even mounted on a car at the end of its life it is not lost as a specific part for this car

what I like with the arduino series is that it has a programming language (a kind of C language somewhat adapted) common to a whole range! from a small card at 19euro to a large card at 49 euro

we can start with the big one so as not to break my head, have room to record a lot of things, then once it works we can optimize the programming to settle for a small model

of course megaskirt is available with programs already made to run a motor, but alas, I often find it more complicated to understand the programs already made than to program what I want

I could change my mind on megaskirt if I met someone who masters it well and then show me what it takes
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 24/07/13, 20:55

I have an evolution of the arduino: the chipkit uno 32. It is more efficient than the arduino, is compatible with its programming language and with its cards. I am learning the programming language. However, I do not know if it is an error in my code but I find it a bit slow and I doubt its ability to manage the complexity of the engine of a car. I will see more clearly in a few days!
At the ecoshell marathon, I met a team whose prototype was entirely managed with a Labview electronic card. It would perhaps correspond better with the type of case you are looking for. Nevertheless, I think that the card is expensive but the programming language is very nice to use and the software to realize it can be found on the net.
Regarding the megasquirt case, from my experience, I can say that it is intended for an audience who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and who has a little time before him. Indeed, depending on the sensor models used, the electronic configuration of the box must be physically modified. For example, removing a resistor, replacing a resistor, bridging two elements of the printed circuit between them, ... These are not difficult operations to perform, but it takes time. In addition, the documentation on the megasquirt site is very complete, but only in English. It is sometimes hard to find yourself in the mass of information present. However, there are several forums who are very responsive in case of problems.
On the other hand, we must not lose sight of the fact that in order to carry out a mapping, it is ideal to have a test bench! Indeed, you must sweep all the engine speed ranges depending on the load and this not only for injection but also for ignition! To configure the injection, megasquirt also sells extremely practical software. Its goal is to retrieve the information from the lambda sensor and it builds on its own a map that seems optimal for the engine. This is a great base for making small modifications. This is what I did for our ecoshell marathon engine. Ignition configuration keeping the original carburetor. When the engine delivers its maximum power, assembly of the electronic injection. Starting the engine with a "standard" injection map and shaping the map via software and by hand.
For the price, I'm quite surprised ... I think I bought it cheaper 2,5 years ago and especially that it had an entry-level model at a hundred euros. The project box came from this site http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/index.php
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/07/13, 21:44

arduino uno, it's a bit weak 8bit atmel

arduino due, it's a pretty powerful atmel arm

the chip uno 32, it is not an atmel but a PIC 32bit microship ... I don't really know how to compare the power with the arm sam7 of the arduino due

this is what annoys me a little in IT: the characteristics are difficult to compare, just because a microcontroller does 10 times more operations per second that it is really 10 times more efficient

the presence in the arduino family of these 32 bit microship is a good thing: it makes this pseudo C language interesting for programming a whole range of microcontroller, rather than spreading the understanding of several different assembler
0 x