diesel engine to hydrogen

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Baroque
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: diesel engine to hydrogen

by Baroque » 01/08/23, 10:23

trucks, coaches and buses equipped with a diesel engine can now run on ED95, a fuel composed of more than 90% ethanol.
0 x
Baroque
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Baroque » 01/08/23, 10:28

for some people driving with a diesel with gasoline this impossible, is well this must, you can inject 25 to 30% of gasoline on a olein of 100 liter of go is it will not happen much, in time past, we the old ones it is true that I am no longer very young, or are past my 20th birthday, we do it, but especially in winters than in this season.
0 x
Baroque
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Baroque » 01/08/23, 10:43

The injection is a marvel, especially for new inventions, it seems to me that the injection was made for the 2 types of engine. Petrol, is Diesel,
gentleman should give you a flea in your ear, especially stop listening to gossip, progress in your research at home is to be, you and your entourage, the gold of the tests that you will carry out in complete safety, because the subtense realized is an explosive, I am talking about this free fuel where the state has not yet put its hands in it, we are looking for our economy, they are looking for your money.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/08/23, 11:05

baroque wrote:trucks, coaches and buses equipped with a diesel engine can now run on ED95, a fuel composed of more than 90% ethanol.

it's true, but they're not commercial diesels.

the carburetion is entirely modified.

Ethanol or other are never free.

Currently in France, it is necessary to financially reject gasoline and Diesel, which are around 2 €/L.

Ethanol 85 is very good at 1 €/L, for many petrol vehicles.

I am in the process of fixing up a Renault Twingo LPG (bi-fuel petrol-LPG) which will be at 90 ct€/kg of LPG.

I realize that E85 or LPG can drive around 5€/100 km for an average car.

Drastically changing the carburetion of a car is not necessarily a good idea. We must avoid going "against nature". It is better to choose your fuel, then the car... than the reverse!

Small Gasoline-GO mixtures at Diesel, I have no experience on it. I don't know if it's that exceptional. Diesel self-ignites by compression and gasoline is not suitable, except in small proportions.
0 x
Baroque
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Baroque » 01/08/23, 11:17

Remundo wrote:
baroque wrote:trucks, coaches and buses equipped with a diesel engine can now run on ED95, a fuel composed of more than 90% ethanol.

it's true, but they're not commercial diesels.

the carburetion is entirely modified.

Ethanol or other are never free.

Currently in France, it is necessary to financially reject gasoline and Diesel, which are around 2 €/L.

Ethanol 85 is very good at 1 €/L, for many petrol vehicles.

I am in the process of fixing up a Renault Twingo LPG (bi-fuel petrol-LPG) which will be at 90 ct€/kg of LPG.

I realize that E85 or LPG can drive around 5€/100 km for an average car.

Drastically changing the carburetion of a car is not necessarily a good idea. We must avoid going "against nature". It is better to choose your fuel, then the car... than the reverse!

Small Gasoline-GO mixtures at Diesel, I have no experience on it. I don't know if it's that exceptional. Diesel self-ignites by compression and gasoline is not suitable, except in small proportions.

hello remundo
there you have a little gem which in a few hours can run on hidrogen without any modification, just afterwards one, but really very small carburetion adjustment, I use hidrogen fuel.
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/08/23, 11:20

I doubt it a little, even very strongly on high pressure direct injection engines.

On low pressure indirect injection or carburettor, yes it could be considered.

But let's admit.

Hydrogen, it does not run the streets.

It is very complex to produce, and to store/transfer.

Already that I don't really like gaseous fuels, hydrogen is the worst.
1 x
Baroque
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re:

by Baroque » 01/08/23, 11:26

The passerby wrote:
Sdc77 wrote:It is STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE.
The diesel engine needs a self-igniting fuel with pressure and heat, and hydrogen is not one. So definitely forget your project.
At best and if you manage to produce enough gas (because the system I am trying to develop does not deliver only hydrogen, but oxygen as a bonus, so hydroxy ...) you can run a gasoline engine (with ignition and spark plug), but NEVER a diesel engine.
The only consolation I can give you is that you can without problem boost your engine to hydroxy (Moreau) which will already make you save money ...
Ndc.

Strictly impossible ... on a diesel engine as it is yes.

But in theory, it is possible to run an engine with hydrogen and without ignition. The autoignition temperature of hydrogen is around 585 ° C. It would therefore be sufficient to calculate the compression ratio so that at the top dead center the mixture is raised beyond this temperature.

It would be fun to calculate :)

bjr mr passing
keep it up you're on the right trackfriction can ignite hydrogen, a little hint before doing it on your own car do it on an old hoverboard
0 x
Baroque
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Baroque » 01/08/23, 11:33

Christophe wrote:World record of UP! 18 years old!! Ptin! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

But didn't understand much of the answer...

I'm referring to the car you're retyping, it's nothing easier for you to run on hydrogen, I don't see where the problem is, you just have to add the necessary components to run on your new fuel.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Re:

by sicetaitsimple » 01/08/23, 11:59

baroque wrote:bjr mr passing
keep it up you're on the right trackfriction can ignite hydrogen, a little hint before doing it on your own car do it on an old hoverboard

This case is getting funny!
But let's bet that Le Passant will be very interested in this response to a remark he made in October 2005.
0 x
Baroque
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Re:

by Baroque » 01/08/23, 12:25

sicetaitsimple wrote:
baroque wrote:bjr mr passing

This case is getting funny!
But let's bet that Le Passant will be very interested in this response to a remark he made in October 2005.

my apologies if I got the wrong person.
0 x