diesel engine to hydrogen

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 18/10/05, 23:08

Here I am looking for information to make the transformation of a diesel engine to a 100% hydrogen.
I suspect it's not as easy with a gasoline engine, but the pb is that in generators, it is mostly diesel. I think it's something to look for if one day hydrogen becomes easier to produce!

I hope you can tell me a little!

yahi
0 x
When will we have the right to stop using oil?
Free object!
Sdc77
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sdc77 » 19/10/05, 09:31

It is STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE.
The diesel engine needs a self-igniting fuel with pressure and heat, and hydrogen is not one. So definitely forget your project.
At best and if you manage to produce enough gas (because the system I am trying to develop does not deliver only hydrogen, but oxygen as a bonus, so hydroxy ...) you can run a gasoline engine (with ignition and spark plug), but NEVER a diesel engine.
The only consolation I can give you is that you can without problem boost your engine to hydroxy (Moreau) which will already make you save money ...
Ndc.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/05, 11:49

Based on a CNG engine (modified diesel engine including an ignition system) it is possible ... Mercedes did in the 80 years ... Still to find the H2 ...

For Moreau it remains to prove ....
0 x
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 19/10/05, 13:09

I thought at least production of brown gas for the H2 O2, but actually if it is possible to put an ignition system on diesel, it is ptre playable! remains to be seen how to integrate this ignition system! if you have an idea!

yahi
0 x

Free object!
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 19/10/05, 13:28

Ben simply, change car for an "essence" !!

otherwise, try to boost your diesel with brown gas ... I'll try to do that too. Trying I say well because for the moment, the gas production is not impressive ... Then, following the results, it will condition my next purchase ...

I imagine in 1 to modify a gasoline engine to turn to hydrogen? Besides, would a pantone have an interest in this case?
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 19/10/05, 13:42

Sdc77 wrote:It is STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE.
The diesel engine needs a self-igniting fuel with pressure and heat, and hydrogen is not one. So definitely forget your project.
At best and if you manage to produce enough gas (because the system I am trying to develop does not deliver only hydrogen, but oxygen as a bonus, so hydroxy ...) you can run a gasoline engine (with ignition and spark plug), but NEVER a diesel engine.
The only consolation I can give you is that you can without problem boost your engine to hydroxy (Moreau) which will already make you save money ...
Ndc.

Strictly impossible ... on a diesel engine as it is yes.

But in theory, it is possible to run an engine with hydrogen and without ignition. The autoignition temperature of hydrogen is around 585 ° C. It would therefore be sufficient to calculate the compression ratio so that at the top dead center the mixture is raised beyond this temperature.

It would be fun to calculate :)
0 x
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 19/10/05, 13:50

for muzo 31:
it would not be for a car but rather a generator!
currently my car is petrol!

for Benoit: must explore, but I do not have the skills to do this type of calculations!

yahi
0 x

Free object!
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 19/10/05, 15:59

you can also change goup ... the site of JL NAULIN shows a surprising gas generator. But I'm afraid the electrodes will wear out too fast ...

In default, turn it to oil!
you can have a free fuel if you have the courage to filter.
0 x
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 19/10/05, 20:02

Yes, this is a solution that I explored, but there is that in cold fusion version that it can interest me (what he did JL N) and puiis for the oil, ca m ' does not require a larger production line than for hydro!
There are all-ptits generator in petrol version, but as soon as you go beyond 10Kva it is fuel! so my goal would be to modify one to make it run on gas!

yahi
0 x

Free object!
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 19/10/05, 20:53

Compress until the hydrogen ignites? In fact it will detonate and it will screw piston and cylinder head!

In the case of diesel there is a combustion of diesel in the superheated air of the piston, it remains progressive with respect to a detonation. For gasoline engines, the burning front by candle and wins the whole cylinder. In addition, in this case, we add compounds to avoid auto-ignition (they are anti-knock) to preserve the engine.

As it seems, the quasiturbine could support this kind of treatment, but for a reciprocating engine, it is better to forget ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...