Mix diesel + gasoline or E85 ethanol: consume less and clean your Diesel engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
gfgh64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Mix diesel + gasoline or ethanol E85: consume less and clean your diesel engine

by gfgh64 » 01/08/23, 23:05

well, I didn't have the courage to read everything again; I went to about page 30 and started again at 90

well, I have a mercedes 216 CDI van from 2001, a 5-cylinder without catalytic converter, 150 hp originally and reprogrammed to 176 hp since it was new
I got it secondhand without CT and frankly no way to get the polution, I only used it in the summer for the sea and a little assembly, the van only smoked so much acceleration, but between 1500 2000 rounds no smoke
at the same time I only bought old cars that I was trying to switch to ethanol, once I understood the diference between gasoline and ethanol and its disadvantages and advantages I told myself that it might not be stupid to mix a little ethanol in the GO of the van
I therefore added 1 liter of ethanol for 10 liters of GO after having driven about fifty kilometers with the gauge on (to empty the tank to the maximum before)
the difference was very quick, barely one or two km, my van had more torque at low revs, it turned rounder and made noise, as the engine was already very hot, I increased the load, the van was already pushing very hard before but then it went up to 4000 rpm like a flower, the biggest difference was when I looked in the mirror, the black cloud had disappeared
strong from this first test, and as the yoke is quickly turned on again, I put 30 l of GO for 5 l of ethanol and went home quietly
a few days later, I decided to take advantage of the weekend with my children and went to the sea, I was in Toulouse at the time, took the small road to Carcassonne, Narbonne Gruissan, a pleasure, the van had started nickel , I made the road at 80,90 quiet, round about town village, the van purred (seriously)
the next morning, the truck grazes when starting and stalls, I preheat three times grazes anyway and starts, bizard van, nothing to do with the day before, yet I had restarted it several times the evening of our arrival and everything was fine in the top

What is the difference between yesterday and now? cold engine and immobile truck, bottom of tank, if cold engine problem why he would have started the day before three days after putting GO and ethanol back on and I said to myself, a large part of the 5 liters had risen to the surface, put some time to remix coming to the sea, and still happy that national and not highway, and this morning I find myself with a lot of ethanol for little GO, I go for it (gently at the pump and put only 10l of GO and the same no time to get to the bakery, the van had become a clock again

I rechecked my counter this morning, since remundo told me this post, and it's not 20 that I did but 0000
no worries to report, it seems to consume a little less than before, but still runs much better

ps I managed to get the pollution, limited the first time, after 2 or 3 thousand km, but much simpler the second time
I made a lot of other observations to share if anyone is interested.
2 x
Understanding does not mean accepting
Remundo

Re: Mix diesel + gasoline or ethanol E85: consume less and clean your diesel engine

by Remundo » 01/08/23, 23:52

The problem with E85 is that it is hygroscopic, in short, it can dissolve small amounts of water captured in the air.

On gasoline engines, it remains homogeneous, everything is miscible (water, ethanol, gasoline), there's not too much trouble in the injection circuits.

on the other hand, on the diesel, the water settles at the bottom of the tank and the diesel floats.

There may be a mixed zone where water and ethanol are mixed with little diesel.

In short, if a packet of water / ethanol passes through the diesel injection, it may mess up.

So I would advise, for those who really want to put a little gasoline, and well put only gasoline.

SP95E10, and ideally, SP98.
0 x
gfgh64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by gfgh64 » 02/08/23, 00:31

so that's why the filters are so different on diesel and gasoline vehicles!!!!
the GO filter allows him to decanter!!!!
the water present at the bottom of the GO tanks is due to the condensation of the air present in the tank,

the only really annoying thing with ethanol is that it dissolves a lot more m.... in the tank than gasoline, so check the filters, especially at the beginning and that even in the gasoline tanks that you pass in ethanol, the amount of dissolved dirt is huge at the beginning
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 02/08/23, 01:16

ethanol also tends to peel off deposits.

maybe that's why your Mercedes CDI was coughing the next day. A deposit was able to come off, as long as you were driving it did not interfere, and during the night, it fell to the bottom and obstructed the arrival of fuel to the engine.
0 x
gfgh64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by gfgh64 » 02/08/23, 01:30

no, it's ethanol that rises to the surface, the only way to avoid being bothered is to use only a small quantity so that it remixes well, if you put 50lGO and 5l ethanol so that short journeys end of the tank, your vehicle is starting to mess around again, there is too much ethanol left compared to the GO
I checked the counter this morning, 46000 km traveled with this mixture (mainly)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 02/08/23, 09:17

ethanol is only miscible with diesel in small quantities.

moreover ethanol has a catastrophic cetane number of 5%.

Mixing ethanol with Diesel gives a fuel that self-ignites less.

So you really have to stay below 10% ethanol incorporation by volume in diesel.

As for the benefits in depollution / combustion, well, some people say they appreciate them.
0 x
gfgh64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by gfgh64 » 02/08/23, 09:55

at the beginning when I had to make a longer trip, I forced the dose of ethanol (my goal was to clean the egr exhaust injector) to account for the flexibility of the engine takes a hit, and the consumption climbs to more than 10% d ethanol, I quickly lowered the rate and a little less than three thousand km later I had his first CT (limit limit) so for me if addition of ethanol in GO, no more than 10% and in small quantities in the tank if no long journey because not well miscible

ha yes I forgot, I also let it settle in a jar and personally I don't have the same interpretation as I read before in the thread, indeed I have a much lighter layer, but on the surface
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/23, 10:23

Hey yes there are some good things about this forum...it's up to you to promote it elsewhere on the net...

From memory, gasoline should not exceed 7%. Morning : consume-less-car/engine-oil-analysis-iespm-wear-and-mechanical-engine-comparison-of-values-and-results-t17522.html

Hey gfgh64, don't you want to do an engine oil analysis?
0 x
gfgh64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by gfgh64 » 02/08/23, 11:16

why not, on the other hand frankly I didn't think I had driven so much since the last oil change, so old oil and a lot of km (more than 2 years and more than 20 suddenly)

well I know that crazy badly!!!!

what's best, the one if I do the oil change and wait to drive and analyze?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/23, 11:23

It doesn't matter, the more km you have, the more significant it will be... but you will never overtake Remundo who has done 75 km! : Shock:

You should not do analyzes on oil that is too fresh, that is to say under 5000 km...I did mine at 6400 km...probably I would have had worse results at 20 000km...

But I imagine, I hope, that IESPM makes corrections since they ask for oil km...
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"