Wind turbine with Charles Sarazin. Let's go !

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/08, 19:03

Olivier22 wrote:What is the speed of rotation for a wind worthy of the name? (Not the 1 km / h of the day the video was shot ... :| )

Do not forget that the torque counts as much as the speed of rotation in the power ...

I prefer a machine that runs slower and generates more torque than the opposite ... Generally it lasts longer ...
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 17/12/08, 19:39

Yes, but to size it for the couple, it is necessary to relax the sails, which are only productive during a small part of the cycle (roughly, from downwind to downwind)
It is therefore essential that it rotates slowly because in dynamics they break.

To size it for the speed, it is necessary to border the sails; in static they are productive only from close to small drop, but in dynamics the relative wind makes it possible to increase the range of effectiveness.
(principle of the Darrieus wind turbine, which gives almost no torque in static)

So in one case we have a wind turbine whose torque decreases with speed; in the other he grows to a maximum and then decreases
I think the second is better :D
But if the sails are controllable, it can adapt exactly like a boat: sails hollow and not too bordered by weak wind, for optimal torque and low speed;
and sails flat and lined at the bottom in high wind, with a high speed of rotation.
The key is to determine which profile is best suited to each wind speed (and each rotation speed of the wind turbine)

Last year at school we did this kind of study for a Darrieus rigid-wing wind turbine. This requires having the Cz and Cx values ​​of the blades as a function of the incidence. With a NACA profile it was not a problem; for triangular sails it may be a little harder to determine ...
0 x
Sailing and water
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Sailing and water » 17/12/08, 23:15

Thank you all for your encouragement and your initiatives.
I am not a fan of forums but thanks to you I risk becoming so.
I will try to answer your questions
The prototype of the video is made of recovery metals
on an axis made with a truck bridge standing, the sails are vulgar tarpaulins to cover your car or what drag in your gardens in fact I spent a lot of time and put everything end to end it can look like 5 / 6months (do and undo) I did not really know where I was going because I was building according to what I had on hand, and the generator had been around for a long time.

The use of the sails (I made a little sail) is the only reliable material that allows to form an extrados with a low DEpression, the extrados is the upper surface of the wing of a plane which is convex and causes a depression that draws the sail towards the outside of the wheel downwind, and inwardly upwind, which makes the sail always pushes on 330 ° approximately, and what may surprise more than one, it is that the sail which goes up to the wind grows almost as strong as the others since it accumulates the natural wind, plus the wind of the speed of the wheel. The proto did not allow me to test with a lot of wind, my mats too light we folded with 20 km / h while the multiplier broke and blocked the rotation, I did not try to repair because I I had some tests of realized and the rest is only computation to consider powers by high wind.
A friend of mine is working on a much smaller model
2, 5 m of diameter with 5 sails of 1,5m2, leading a generator with permanent magnets from 1KW to 300 laps, it is a flawless realization of his part, I look forward to the start, and to answer Christophe , it is a model that can very well equip any roofing, the weight in steel will be about 120 kg. On the other hand I have to provide before the 15 / 01 ad 'possible financial partners an estimate for a machine of 80 KW. and I admit that I have a hard time making my plans, but I'm progressing, I only regret leaving school a little too early ............. it s This will be the result of a machine built in the rules of the art which should have a higher performance than the proto, and which will result in algeion generators of 150 T / M.
In revolutions minutes the machine must remain above the 1,5 TM and below 4 TM so that the sails remain static as long as possible. The life of a set of sails is estimated
4 years and much more if we use textiles such as Kevlar or mylar that tend to be democratized. There are not a few months that today I have not yet found anyone who can tell me if the number of masts was sufficient or not or exaggerated, I am looking for technicians who would be able to get me an answer, he there is no question of wind tunnel given the price. For the moment the feeling has served me and I hope that it will last.
Know that I am very open and that if luck has put me on this track, I do not intend to explore it alone, and all you are welcome to work on it and enjoy when the time comes .
In any case thank you to the webmaster and thank you to Lietseu and Luc, and thank you all for your good feelings.
(who said I was not very talkative?)
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 17/12/08, 23:54

Our best wishes accompany your project ...

My hopes are with all future employees of the project ... and its realization so that electricity becomes a cheaper and cleaner energy!

The impossible exists only for those who do not believe, the possible is for all!

Good night everyone
:P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 18/12/08, 09:13

Hello everyone

in my corner, the aude, we accumulate a lot of windy days in the year, some days speeds of 100 Km / h are regularly reached ...

I will have to put a machine like this almost sheltered from the wind to avoid breaking everything at the first gust of wind!

jeff
0 x
Sailing and water
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Jeff to answer you

by Sailing and water » 18/12/08, 11:04

I don't mean to say that I have everything planned, but I did plan that you can put this wind turbine in the middle of your strong and capricious winds and you can get the most out of it with a light wind as well as under a cyclone, the sails that can be rolled up and unrolled automatically to always be at the "top" of production.
thank you for your reaction
Charles
0 x
Sailing and water
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Question for Jeff

by Sailing and water » 18/12/08, 11:18

Jeff
Could you give me some information on the average annual wind speeds in your area.
I now have enough data to draw up an energy balance sheet with the process I am defending.
for example I can give you profitability in KW of investment potential in €

see you soon
Charles.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Jeff to answer you

by Cuicui » 18/12/08, 11:31

Sailing and water wrote: I have planned that you can put this wind turbine in the middle of your strong and capricious winds

Hello Sailing and water
I have always been fascinated by the simplicity of some windmills where sails replace the blades. Your vertical axis system is original, rustic, lightweight, easy to access (no need to climb on a mat), flexible (number of mats depending on the diameter of the machine). It puts the wind turbine within reach of DIYers.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
0 x
Sailing and water
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Sailing and water » 18/12/08, 12:20

Thank you for your reaction
I read you in the sforums and I feel you are reactive !! its good.
To shorten it.
The system is within everyone's reach.
whoever has the means can invest in the best and make the most of it;
the African peasant helps some of his colleagues and us to pump water and water his food crops, and to get there there is not much to do.
we keep in touch ??
@soon
charles
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 18/12/08, 12:31

Sailing and water wrote:we keep in touch ??

Awesome! :P
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"