Kyot'Home, the new version is moving forward! Poll!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.

Would you participate in Kyot'Home as part of a complete online interface (php)?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/06, 09:45

I think that the wood must be, with a ladle, one tenth of the emissions of nuclear kwh.

Indeed: manufacturing, transport and installation of the stove or boiler, planting, felling and transport of wood (see transformation into a pellet) can be compared (from a distance) to the extraction, transport of uranium and the construction of nuclear plant. I think that taking 1/10 of the nuclear kwhe is not very far from reality (leaving a margin of error of 500% anyway).

Anyway, it would be quite easy to estimate the thing by taking 2 or 3 concrete examples namely the energy consumption for each of these phases brought back to stere:

1) logging and forest transport
2) sawing
3) packaging (if not delivered in bulk)
4) customer transport

Without forgetting of course the manufacturing / installation of the wood installation. (must be honest until the end ...)

Someone had spoken of the "negative" environmental impact of using the paddles .... there must be studies available on the net on this subject (see on Areva's site for example : Mrgreen: )
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 09/02/06, 09:46

Rulian, no : Arrow:

I just looked at my invoices: in fact there is on the 1st page a summary of the consumptions in Kwh: 1 line for elec, a line for gas ....... every 2 months.

So if you make a table with bimonthly boxes, it's great, I just have to copy my info from the 1st page; even if I am delayed by a month it does not matter.

On the other hand, my oldest invoices date back to 1996, my wife had to do the housework for those over 10 years old.

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 09/02/06, 11:25

I don't really want to make a form with the boxes every two months because otherwise we haven't finished. Some will want it by quarter, others by semester, others by the week ... Worse every two months I would be fine but it can be for example "October-November" or "September-October" ...

In short it is endless. The calculations would become real gas factories and Nono would never get away with the code.

Cut your cons in half if your invoices are every two months, it will be easier for everyone even if it introduces errors on the results.

For the rest, read your counters every month and everything will be fine!

Sorry but we cannot accede to your request! It would become unmanageable.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 09/02/06, 11:32

No problem, it was just a proposition. 8)

I am well aware of the problem of developing / perfecting computer programs, I was Analyst-programmer then analyst-project manager in management for 30 years (1970-1999).

So I saw brain storms of quite spectacular gas factories and the bugs that go with them.

Good luck to nono. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 09/02/06, 18:11

Thank you Jean, it's really useful to have comments and feedback.

I made small changes, the extrapolation depends on the period, which is more accurate (especially for heating).

Otherwise I agree with Rulian, you can't start putting in 2 months for one, others will want quarters etc.

On the other hand, I really think to come back with an irregular system (can be called otherwise if it is not clear) and a system where we put the meter reading (automatic calculation of consumption).

Here
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/06, 12:09

Uh question: have you planned the analysis side of results administration side? (statistics, average, standard deviation ... etc)
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 10/02/06, 14:18

Yes it is planned :-) (data structure and everything) ...

but it's not done ;-)

But as Rulian rightly says it is not the most urgent, we are not going to make stat with 10 pelos and then it will be new
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."