Biofuels: false good idea?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/03/06, 10:55

Mike.be wrote:[...] With regard to Dubai and others it is even worse than what I believed, really there is what to cry. Blackmail the job when you hold us. [...]
In the same style, there are also golf courses, in Dubai, Bahrain, Qatar or elsewhere ...

Two of my work colleagues worked there in the 80s and 90s to build golf courses and the amount of water consumed is staggering! It amounts to tens of liters per day and per square meter ...

And if the watering breaks down for more than a few hours while it is hot, the lawn will burn out!
0 x
Mike.be
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mike.be » 06/03/06, 21:59

Hello Cuicui,
Thank you for your interest in my machine.

It is true that the assembly seems very elaborate, however, I realize it with very little tools: a bench drill, an angle grinder, and an arc welding machine, plus my trunk with heating tools.
The tubes, flat stretched etc, I bought it from a wholesaler.
What drives the machine is first a tiller that I bought for 320euro (a new engine is the foot)
For the movements, these are salvage parts, the steering column of a car (I forgot the brand), like directional gimbal, Panda steering rack to give direction to the machine with steering wheel made with bars concrete.
The bearings of the drum: it is the bearing of an old washing machine of my stepmother that I cut in half (the bearing, not my stepmother) :P

To simplify the system, I don't see how we can do it; to lighten it, certainly, I am making the plans.
The forks must penetrate vertically and tilt backwards once they have arrived vertically; that's what's complicated.

With a little obstinacy and perseverance and multiple attempts I got there.

The next objective is to realize an autonomous machine about 3m wide, motor of 20 to 30 pentonized horses 4km / h with seeders. (Finally I dream)

This is partly why I am on ECOLONOGIE.

That said, leave me a few weeks or months and I will put the plans for a lean machine on my site (If my son has time: it is he who takes care of the site)
If you still have questions don't hesitate

See you soon
0 x
Mike.be
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mike.be » 06/03/06, 22:27

In the same style, there are also golf courses, in Dubai, Bahrain, Qatar or elsewhere ...

Two of my work colleagues worked there in the 80s and 90s to build golf courses and the amount of water consumed is staggering! It amounts to tens of liters per day and per square meter ...

And if the watering breaks down for more than a few hours while it is hot, the lawn will burn out!

Hello lumberjack,

I also had a lot of colleagues who went to Arabia, the Golf countries in the 80s when my company closed;
I went to work for a freelance 25 km from my home which installed heat pumps, today we are overworked.
We Westerners, what we proposed to them to these countries: it was not an idea which was good.
Finally let us try to do what is within our reach with the objective of the well-being of humanity and the planet.

Econology is the opposite of Dubai.

See you soon
0 x
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Biofuels: false good idea

by biomethane » 10/03/06, 19:51

guilom wrote:According to a press article (see below) of the English newspaper "The Guardian", the mass development of biofuels would be very bad for the planet (see article below). : Cry:

Biofuels: Attention, Danger Posted on February 9th, 2006 in Politics, English, Environment.

For editorialist George Monbiot, biofuels are a false good idea. Their production encourages the destruction of tropical forests and enhances the greenhouse effect.

George Monbiot
The Guardian

yes, but for France?
why not grow energetic plants to produce some of our energy?
by dint of making niets like the ecologists, without proposing anything, we will never achieve anything, only the dry breakdown.

a priori biofuels are renewable and sustainable energies.

to see for the forest:
http://www.oleocene.org/wiki/index.php? ... uid_ou_BtL

"4 kilos of wood gives 1 liter of Sunfuel.
Theoretically, any diesel engine can run on Sundiesel.
Practice has shown a 40% reduction in unburnt, carbon monoxide and particulate matter. A small loss of power is to be reported.

Approximately, we can consider that one hectare of land gives 4000 liters of BtL fuel per year. "
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/03/06, 02:14

Yes, I also think that biomass is the most interesting industrial track for the future.

A news that I find interesting regarding biomass.

In my opinion, this is where we will have to go: the use of biomass currently "lost" by the process of growing plants, whether it be agriculture, forestry or even the individual with its potato peelings and its grass to be mowed every week!

On the other hand, the estimate drawn from Wiki on the production seems to me a little overestimated, it would correspond to 16 t DM / ha / year which is high and corresponds to optimal conditions.

This little file on the biomass from April 2005 gives some interesting figures.
0 x
Mike.be
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mike.be » 11/03/06, 13:34

biomethane wrote:yes, but for France?
why not grow energetic plants to produce some of our energy?
by dint of making niets like the ecologists, without proposing anything, we will never achieve anything, only the dry breakdown.

a priori biofuels are renewable and sustainable energies.

Welcome Biomethane,

It is clear and desirable that biomass becomes a very important energy vector in the diversity of energy supply.
However, it is not correct to say that environmentalists can only do niet.
Certainly, there are some who would like to return to the Middle Ages or even to the Stone Age, but the vast majority poses the problem of the limit of the planet in the face of industrial development and this is completely legitimate and necessary.
They promote sobriety and energy efficiency first, we can't blame them.
It is not because we are living in the last and irreversible crisis of industrialism that it is the end of the world.
You have to create something else and adapt to the situation.
As far as I am concerned, I think that biomass must first be used for agriculture to develop its energy autonomy.
Maybe I am a utopian?
But as Henri Laborit said: Wouldn't true utopia be to believe that man could one day do without utopia.
On the other hand, what will be the impact of fast growing energy crops on the environment or on soil quality?
See you soon
0 x
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by biomethane » 19/03/06, 14:40

Mike.be wrote:
However, it is not correct to say that environmentalists can only do niet.
Certainly, there are some who would like to return to the Middle Ages or even to the Stone Age, but the vast majority poses the problem of the limit of the planet in the face of industrial development and this is completely legitimate and necessary.
They promote sobriety and energy efficiency first, we can't blame them.

Yes, but they have to come up with solutions.

There are now 3 trends in the supply of biofuel:
- the cultivation of fallow land and use of forests.
-the diversification of outlets for existing crops (beets, cereals).
the agro industry is moving on.
-the massive import of biofuels from Brazil, instead of the Middle East.
it's going to be the main route for biofuels. we're going to be happy in France, it's not going to pollute us, but the Amazon forest will suffer.

Paul

this is the path that will be the most
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/03/06, 15:47

Most ? :?:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/06, 18:04

biomethane wrote:
-the massive import of biofuels from Brazil, instead of the Middle East.
it's going to be the main route for biofuels. we're going to be happy in France, it's not going to pollute us, but the Amazon forest will suffer.

And the height of the excitement: it is France that equipped and gave its distilling know-how in Brazil a few years ago.

I quote :

"Why France, when it had a historic technological advance in the production of distilled alcohol, resulting from its alcoholic cultural matrix, did not develop its bioethanol or national fuel sector. Why did it develop it in Brazil, abroad and operated an energy break between this sector, oil and nuclear when common development was possible politically? "

More: https://www.econologie.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=2299
0 x
Mike.be
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mike.be » 25/03/06, 22:19

biomethane wrote:Yes, but they have to come up with solutions.

There are now 3 trends in the supply of biofuel:
(1) - the cultivation of fallow land and use of forests.
(2) -the diversification of outlets for existing crops (beets, cereals).
the agro industry is moving on.
(3) -the massive import of biofuels from Brazil, instead of the Middle East.

jean63 wrote:
The truth is there, of course, first correctly manage our resources without degrading our environment and only then take care of the energy supply of the planet with fuels (in the broad sense) to advance the explosion machines that pollute our beautiful planet.

Dear Biomethane,

The Ecolo program is very well summarized in what Jean 63 wrote.
Anyway, just go see their program http://www.ecolo.be/ (for Wallonia)

Regarding point (1), there is a lot of info in my messages and on this forum in general.

For point (2), I do not see the point of spending a large amount of energy to manufacture fertilizers and other pesticides as well as the flow for all the devices involved in their production.

So there it is top for point (3) : Evil:

When will we understand that the best way to use renewable energies is to use them locally in a local economy : Idea:
0 x