Water recovery tanks on agricultural land?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Water recovery tanks on agricultural land?

by Forhorse » 29/09/22, 20:58

I have a friend who lives in a caravan, on land in zone A. She is hidden in a thicket of hazel/bramble/etc... no one tells her anything, it has been 6 years since she moved a millimeter.
Otherwise a caravan, tiny, mobile home does not need to be driven on the road. If the land is large enough, you just have to move it 2 or 3 times a year to very different places on the ground and technically you do nothing other than park a trailer... to prevent you from doing so, you would have to a court decision that may take a long time to obtain.
Have you ever seen camping mobile homes? clearly they are incapable of driving more than a few meters and are quite incapable of being driven on the road (it would not even be legal) there are wheels under them just to say that it is not a fixed construction but technically it is not far away.
Nothing prevents you from even making a vague wooden frame, 2 (or 4) wheels so that it moves on the ground, and wham it's chocapic!

And if not to know what you have the right to do or not, zone by zone, in general there is a notice linked to the PLU(i) of the municipality in question.
All this can be found on the geoportail de l'urbanisme site.
https://www.geoportail-urbanisme.gouv.fr/
4 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/09/22, 21:32

In the same spirit as the message of Forhorse, have you not noticed that many hunting cabins are on wheels? This is to avoid paying certain taxes, at least that of household waste, to which the cabins on the ground are subject, although no collection service ever approaches them!
A house on wheels, possibly moved from time to time, would be very resistant to the regulations and the complexity of the prosecutions would discourage any inclinations, insofar as it would be a building zone...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/09/22, 22:06

Here is what is said about it on the site of the Editions Francis Lefebvre"The Council of State has admitted that caravans and mobile homes which permanently have the means of mobility allowing them to move by themselves or by simple traction are not subject to the residence tax, whatever the conditions. their parking (connection to certain public networks) and their use."
Last edited by Ahmed the 29 / 09 / 22, 22: 18, 1 edited once.
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 29/09/22, 22:11

Ahmed wrote:Here is what is said about it on the site of the Editions Francis Lefevre

(Lefebrve)... but what does Monsignor of the same name think of it? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/09/22, 22:21

I thought I fixed it, but now it's done! Thanks! 8)
Unfortunately, I cannot and will not be able to provide an answer to your question, having absolutely no relationship with the above-named...
1 x
Zoe Morgane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Zoe Morgane » 29/09/22, 23:34

I had heard this principle of moving the mobile habitat on the ground and at the same time I had read somewhere a long time ago (that's why I couldn't say where lol anymore) that do it to move a mobile habitat on the same land, (3 months at corner A, 3 months at corner B, 3 months at corner C and 3 months at corner D of the land) which is agricultural or constructible did not allow to say that this meant a move, and that it was therefore necessary that the mobile home not remain on the ground for more than three months per year, basically that meant that we could not stay 3 months removed the mobile home for a while and replaced it on the same ground for three months, and these clearly had discouraged me in the purchase of a caravan.

But it is clear that if possible, a second-hand caravan, or even better, a self-built cabin on wheels would really please me, because living in some things that I built myself is a dream. But it is sure that it would not be in a building zone.

So if I take it well, on a piece of land a little out of sight and I build a cabin on wheels or I build a caravan more or less camouflaged, which blends into the decor and I take care to move it from time to time, I shouldn't have too much to worry about, and if that were the case the procedures would be very long, especially since I would be legally able to appeal the decision so that it is still a can longer.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/09/22, 23:50

Regarding the PTRA (total authorized rolling weight), a B license allows you to move up to 3500 kg (car + trailer).

Caravans up to 750 kg do not need to be insured or have a registration document. Here are the living conditions:

For caravan parking, here are some rules
* on a parking space with hitched car (for a few days)
* camping (several days until stay)
* on agricultural land, but the caravan must remain on its wheels ready to go (not on chocks): no more than 3 months in the same place
* on built land: the caravan must not be used as a dwelling or as an annex to the house (in practice this is impossible to prove by the authorities).
* on farms, under agricultural shed, barn or in the backyard.

the law : https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... oits/F2719

On the right corner, there is a plethora of second-hand caravans for only a few thousand euros. You must first look at the condition of the wheels and the axle, then the waterproofness of the caravan. It is better to take a cheap caravan and keep some money to invest in its heating and electrical system.

It is therefore necessary to plan about 3-4 drop points per year and move from one to the other.
2 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 29/09/22, 23:55

I went to the town hall of Les Mées (04) where I have a small olivette (olive grove in French) to ask them what kind of shelter I could install on it. The answer could not have been clearer: nothing at all. Neither yurt, nor mobile home, nor caravan, nor tiny house, nor cabin.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/09/22, 23:55

We still have to see what the regulations mean by "mobile habitat".
If I park a motorhome in an old barn, does it become a (mobile) habitat? I do not think so...
When you see the number of old cars or vans slowly rotting at the bottom of a lot without ever moving, if you weren't allowed to park for more than 3 months on a lot, many would be bored.

Anyway, the first rule to respect, all the more so when the legality of the habitat is questionable, is not to piss off the neighborhood.

A caravan populated by punk-to-dogs partying every day until 4 a.m., with regular visits from shady people, and who transform the land into a dump, will quickly be considered embarrassing and procedures to have it cleared as quickly as possible will be started, even if its parking is legitimate.
The same caravan, cleverly hidden in the landscape, inhabited by someone discreet and appreciated by the neighborhood, has a better chance of being able to stay in place for a long time, even if its location is not legal.

All this being of course to be weighed with the fact that there is in almost every municipality a little colabo whore who is happy to report to the services concerned any attempt to evade the legal framework.
3 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/22, 23:59

Remundo wrote:Caravans up to 750 kg do not need to be insured or have a registration document.

Uh it seems to me that it is 500 kg in France (and 750 kg in Belgium…)…
1 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"