Winter 2021 vitamins

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Vitamins winter 2021

by Biobomb » 20/01/22, 23:56

I'm starting to think about their choice for the new season. here a photo from today showing Agrias barely germinating in my basement, after more than 5 months of storage.
DSC00910.JPG
Last edited by Biobomb the 21 / 01 / 22, 00: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 20/01/22, 23:59

Doris wrote:
Honey Moon also in the same catalogue, well, that's where I used this year for resistance to mildew.

Were you happy with it? How did they resist mildew? At home they were disappointing because the mildew.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 21/01/22, 08:33

Biobombe wrote:
Doris wrote:
Honey Moon also in the same catalogue, well, that's where I used this year for resistance to mildew.

Were you happy with it? How did they resist mildew? At home they were disappointing because the mildew.

We misunderstood each other, I can't tell you yet, saying this year, I'm talking about 2022, so an answer in a few months. And remember, Honey Moon is sold as moderately resistant, and Defiant is cited on several sites as very resistant, we'll see. If it is, we are making knots in the brain for nothing, and it will be a disease with very low pressure of mildew.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 21/01/22, 11:26

Ah, that had escaped me in the past...

Defiant is rated as "ultra-durable". I managed my plants badly, in the end I only had one foot, straddling the tomato roof and the outside. Who resisted "quite well". But for comparison, Maestria, also classified as resistant, was burnt from top to bottom, fruit included.

One thing I wanted to talk about in the 3rd video on late blight is that I observed huge differences between fruit attacks! For example, the rose of Bern, the feet were burnt (outside). But the fruits intact, have ripened. Bloody butcher, same circumstances: scorched stalk and scorched fruit... So masterful, quite scorched stalk, but the fruit at first not, then went there too. from Bérao, burnt feet (always outside, we resisted well under the roof), but the fruits intact...

Warning: I hadn't paid attention to it, but Defiant is determined growth. So it stops once the 80 cm / 1 m reached. I made the stupidity of pruning it like an indeterminate...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/01/22, 11:29

Biobombe wrote:I'm starting to think about their choice for the new season. here a photo from today showing Agrias barely germinating in my basement, after more than 5 months of storage.

I think we talked about it, about this conservation criterion, which we talk about so little and which is nevertheless essential.

Some sites put a note - so you can choose knowingly. I don't remember if Agria was mentioned?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/01/22, 11:36

Doris wrote: If it is, we are making knots in the brain for nothing, and it will be a disease with very low pressure of mildew.

You never know what the year will be.

Besides, the givers of lessons and other poets of ready-made recipes always say afterwards what should have been done...

My tactics will remain the same as last year:

- some very early ones in the greenhouse; about half of which are grafted (they are always in the same place, so I am wary of soil diseases)

- on normal production, a mixture of "tasting" varieties that stand out (Coeur de boeuf and others) and/or collection varieties, and "safe" varieties (ultra-resistant, productive, etc.) including coulis varieties (fleshy); here again, a grafted part and a freestanding part (I don't graft everything because... I miss grafts; and outside the tomato roof, I apply a rotation - so it's not much use: always thinking about perfecting laziness - "why do if not doing is so effective!")

And in each batch, I have a certain diversity (I must have about fifty varieties - leftover sachets, self-production, gifts...)... It's too much for a lazy person (managing labels and everything and everything )...
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 21/01/22, 13:09

the agria is one of my favorites, along with two other varieties (culinary quality - preservation):
-desiree (3rd year)
- marabel (not yet tried, but the neighbor says nothing but good things about it)
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 21/01/22, 13:14

Did67 wrote:
One thing I wanted to talk about in the 3rd video on late blight is that I observed huge differences between fruit attacks! For example, the rose of Bern, the feet were burnt (outside). But the fruits intact, have ripened. Bloody butcher, same circumstances: scorched stalk and scorched fruit... So masterful, quite scorched stalk, but the fruit at first not, then went there too. from Bérao, burnt feet (always outside, we resisted well under the roof), but the fruits intact

Same at my house. Rose de Berne I had lost hope of eating it, but no, aching feet, but the fruit intact. I even had the nice surprise in August, thanks to warmer and drier weather, to see new shoots on plants, which I thought were lost, and the fruits had time to ripen on these new shoots. For the de beraos it was the same thing. In the category of these very nice surprises also the Beafsteaks. The three maestria plants I purchased were the first to succumb to mildew, but the fruits were unaffected and matured
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 21/01/22, 13:25

Did67 wrote:You never know what the year will be.

Besides, the givers of lessons and other poets of ready-made recipes always say afterwards what should have been done...

My tactics will remain the same as last year

Some of these lesson-givers released bleach videos of their tomatoes last summer. This way it is very easy to give lessons. I've never felt the need for an anti-mildew strategy here, and if it's only because I got hooked and I like it, I wouldn't do it in 2022 either, despite the experience of 2021: finally I harvested even a few more tomatoes in 2021 than in 2020, with very little effort. But here, I like to play a little, and the roof of the tomatoes will also serve as a shelter for me, as well as for vegetables in winter.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 21/01/22, 13:32

I submit this document, with the table at the end, which shows that in tests, certain varieties always recommended as "resistant" are, in correctly conducted tests, classified as "very insufficient" - Maestria, Fandango, Prévia or Legend

https://www.biowallonie.com/wp-content/ ... r-2017.pdf

[For information, the "GZ" columns in the histogram located before is "Green Zebra", used each time as a control... So the height of the bars "figures" the sensitivity. Each variety is compared to "GZ"... I took a long time to get it!]
0 x