Fight effectively against slugs!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Fight effectively against slugs!

by sicetaitsimple » 26/05/19, 19:15

Janic wrote: it is not a question of theory but of facts.

Theories or facts related to effective slug control?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/05/19, 19:26

Theories or facts related to effective slug control?
the subject deviated and it was no longer a question of slugs, but slaughterhouse, breeding, hunting, yes vegan veg and cultivable surfaces brought to each individual.
But the subject is getting closer to the fight against slugs that become problematic, as for hunting, than by the gradual disappearance of their natural predators and unsuitable cultivation methods favoring these slugs.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/05/19, 19:42

The subject actually deviated at a certain moment, but he was back in the nails. That it deviates slugs to wild boars was not necessarily abnormal because in both cases we speak of pests for crops. Talk to Didier, who in one of his first videos seemed a little depressed and if my memories are good even considering giving up, until he gets equipped with an electric fence.

In short, if the subject is the benefits of veganism on the occupation of land, it is not on this thread that it goes.
0 x
Eham
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eham » 26/05/19, 21:24

Thank you @janic I sincerely wondered if what I wrote was as incomprehensible as that.
To return to the subject, since from my message it has become very important and that I came for that at the base, I think I found the solution against slugs with copper barriers.
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 26/05/19, 21:36

humor...
it's very clear you want to eliminate slugs without sending them to the slaughterhouse : Mrgreen:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/05/19, 22:05

Eham wrote: I think I found the solution against slugs with copper barriers.

The whole world will be eternally grateful to you!
0 x
Eham
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eham » 26/05/19, 22:26

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Eham wrote: I think I found the solution against slugs with copper barriers.

The whole world will be eternally grateful to you!

: Lol: I tried to play the game to get back to the subject. In any case I wonder what can bite you so much in what I wrote to have reactions like that;)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/05/19, 22:45

Eham wrote: In any case I wonder what can bite you so much in what I wrote to have reactions like that;)

Do not see any form of aggression vis-à-vis you!
Simply, I copy, "I think I have found the solution against slugs with copper barriers", seems fair to me we are going to say a little presumptuous, not to mention the tons of copper that would have to be implemented if indeed it was. effective. And besides, I had learned that copper was a poison for soil organisms ... not just for slugs.
0 x
Eham
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eham » 27/05/19, 00:01

I was short because a little jaded and because I already developed on another topic. I think I found the solution for me yes, nothing really presumptuous since I'm talking about my personal problem and I'm not sure. It is copper wire so I doubt that it poisons the soil. Maybe when you do not understand, you can ask people questions.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/19, 07:17

I had never heard of copper slugs.

Have you tested in practice? How to leave the grill on the surface over the seasons? Need to make mini fences?

Pictures maybe?

ps: with a kitchen garden lazy, I think it would take less than 1000 m2 per person, provided you have the space, motivation, ability to store (canned, freeze ...)
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"