Question to Didier: hay and weeds?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Question to Didier: hay and weeds?

by sicetaitsimple » 26/09/19, 19:29

jardama wrote: But it was very practical, this farmer who came with his tractor and his trailer and who suddenly put me down at the entrance to the garden !!

It's exactly that! It all depends on his individual situation!
The time we can devote to it, the money we can devote to it, its ability to harvest a little biomass at home and to "recycle" it in the vegetable garden, its ability to glean around ( ditches, leaves, mowing or other), and also indeed the physical possibilities of bringing this to the garden, which is not in all cases obvious, especially when we talk about circular bales of hay (or straw).
Everyone has their own lazy vegetable garden, I think that's the formula!
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 26/09/19, 19:47

Not a little doubtful, curious nevertheless too.
He is a long-retired Mr who has kept a small activity. I saw him again in the spring to take a dozen more boots. We have spoken and I really hope that this coming year I will be able to repeat the operation.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/09/19, 19:57

jardama wrote:Not a little doubtful, curious nevertheless too.

Maybe I misspoke, what I wanted to say is that everyone finds their biomass supply to the best of their means, their time and the "physical" possibilities of access, you seem to have found a solution that suits you, it's perfect.
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 26/09/19, 20:51

Yes. I have especially tried to cover the area I choose to "work" with the hay, for 4 years. This part benefits from this contribution. Elsewhere, I put a little hay and I cover with green cloth, I make holes and I plant squash, zucchini. Elsewhere, I still work the land with a grelinette, but I gradually learn to cope with the so-called weeds. discussions of forum are very useful for that.
I will be taking photos this winter if I am lucky enough to be able to do like last year for hay.
0 x