We finish the bees well

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Mystery art of the disappearance of bees

by dedeleco » 20/05/10, 17:24

3 years later, without progress, very nice report on Arte this day and last Monday on the disappearance of bees and its mystery, due to the synergy of pesticides, parasites, viruses, fungicides, breeding and intensive cultivation, for toxic substances very below the limit considered dangerous or even not measurable!!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/05/10, 18:24

Thank you for the reminder, here is the page of Arte dedicated to it: http://www.arte.tv/fr/Comprendre-le-mon ... 66056.html
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 20/05/10, 22:45

I saw it. Not bad for this report.
The guy moves thousands of hives (up to 3000) to fertilize the orchards and fields. The hives are more than 5000 km in the year. Poor bees, they must be confused.
They have more than 30% losses.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/05/10, 22:54

freddau wrote:After peeled shrimps in Morocco.
The Roses of Kenya

Here come the wandering bees....

: Shock: All of this is as colossal as it is disastrous Freddau.

gegyx wrote:Thank you for the originality of this news.
Bees are moved because populations are declining (pesticides, GMOs, climate change facilitating parasites

How about California bees in California?

I didn't quite understand how there would be fewer pesticides, GMOs and parasites in North Dakota?

When will a carbon tax be dissuasive enough to let these bees live in their natural cycle and habitat...? : Cheesy:
Last edited by Obamot the 12 / 05 / 11, 13: 47, 1 edited once.
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

We finish the bees well

by bobono » 21/05/10, 17:52

I confirm on Brittany I have not yet seen a bee, on the other hand the bumblebees forage.

My question . If more bees, pollination will be done by bumblebees, but why would their last be spared from pesticides and pollution? .

THE DISAPPEARANCE OF BEES does not worry our society and productivist agriculture too much, nor do the various administrations.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/05/10, 19:17

Me? I saw a few, including a dying one on the tiles of my entrance to my home, 30 km south of the Paris region.
There has been pollination of pears, apples, plums, raspberries by a few bees and others.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 21/05/10, 21:19

The Asian hornet begins to colonize the territory little by little, it is an additional threat for the bees.
Otherwise, we must also point out the decline in the population of Butterflies, which is also an excellent indicator of pollution.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/05/10, 22:24

Bobono asks a great question:
My question . If more bees, pollination will be done by Bumblebees, but why would the latter be spared from pesticides and pollution? .

I do not have the answer, but only a few elements.
1- Bumblebees and bees do not visit exactly the same flowers. Par., comfrey is neglected by bees but highly prized by bumblebees of various species.
2- It seems to me that the breeding of bees suffers from the same excesses as agriculture in general. Excessive selection of productive strains, integral feeding with syrup "adapted" (sic) to its needs and, on the other hand, harvesting of all the honey.

Rather than taking a reasonable quota, it is always a question of producing more without worrying about the consequences (see the famous quote from Bossuet).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/06/10, 11:38

A small .pdf of "synthesis" the disappearance of bees dating from the end of 2007, militant, but still relevant I believe...

You can read something (if it's true) that I didn't know:

As proof, believes the researcher, parasitic fungi of the Nosema family are present in quantities of swarms in the process of collapse where the foragers, apathetic, were found infected by half a dozen viruses and microbes.

Most of the time, these fungi are incorporated with chemical pesticides, to combat locusts (Nosema locustae), certain moths (Nosema bombycis) or the moth
maize (Nosema pyrausta).

: Shock: : Shock:

Otherwise yesterday I came across (at 20 cm) a hornet in the garden... at first, given the size and from the front, I thought it was a cockchafer! : Cheesy:
0 x
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 28/06/10, 14:44

sen-no-sen wrote:The Asian hornet begins to colonize the territory little by little, it is an additional threat for the bees.
Otherwise, we must also point out the decline in the population of Butterflies, which is also an excellent indicator of pollution.

Yes, there are a lot less butterflies! It's amazing how from one year to another it can decrease. The only butterflies I regularly see are moths.

But the day = niet!

Anyway, I find that the fields surrounding my village and my house are devoid of flowers because of the astronomical quantities of chemical products that some people enjoy throwing around to ONLY bring out greenery: no more poppies for example, so that barely 6 or 7 years ago, there were still a lot of them!

However, local residents do not even notice this phenomenon, except when they are told: "Hey Roger! Did you see there weren't any flowers in the fields in Mauritius!"
Let's open our eyes a little more because we tend to forget things.

Do not be surprised if our dear bees disappear, we cut their flowers as we cut the monkey forest.

And then concerning carnivorous hornets, it does not reassure me too much this kind of thing : Mrgreen: I'm going to go buy a very chemical aerosol to strike them down in the event of an attack 8) And a hammer to crush them!
0 x
"It's not once you shit in bed that you squeeze your butt ..."

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"