My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Moindreffor » 07/03/19, 13:05

it is a basic LED lamp, I want to produce vegetable seedlings but should not they come back more expensive than the ones I could buy : Mrgreen:
right now here it's gray from gray, so not enough light and the other problem is that I have a young dog who for the moment still trying to catch everything within range of his mouth : Mrgreen: so we will stay modest, but actually in the kitchen there is the glass door that gives on the terrace, but I would need a shelf because the place is already taken by the pdt who are germinating : Mrgreen:

otherwise you say transplanting, you transplanted stuff at the dicotyledon stage or later 2 "real" leaves, see if I give it a try : Wink:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 07/03/19, 23:52

Moindreffor wrote:
otherwise you say transplanting, you transplanted stuff at the dicotyledon stage or later 2 "real" leaves, see if I give it a try : Wink:

I put the pictures in the ad hoc topic
agriculture / vegetable garden-the-super-lazy-in-the-04-800m-t15226-1280.html
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 10/03/19, 15:03

good, the use of the LED lamp has had the effect of stopping the growth of plants (they do not spin anymore) : Mrgreen: ), as it is a spot it is funny to see all the stems tighten towards the center, as the plants will really seek the light, for those who doubted

the first 2 "real" leaves start to appear, I tested the transplanting of one of the most spun plants, in the same tray, it resumed without problem, so I wait for the release of the real leaves and I transplant everything that in individual pots, that will be the work of this week

at the same time I must solve the problem of lighting, because there in individual buckets the spot will be insufficient, I will try to face the glass door north in the kitchen, or in the mini greenhouse the day outside (s it does not freeze) and in the evening, but we are not going to be very high temperature, must find my thermometer mini-maxi : Mrgreen:

so between hot with little light or cold and brighter will have to choose : Mrgreen: good I already hear Didier and why not 50-50 Ok so it will be like that
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 10/03/19, 17:15

Moindreffor wrote:good, the use of the LED lamp has had the effect of stopping the growth of plants (they do not spin anymore) : Mrgreen: ), as it is a spot it is funny to see all the stems tighten towards the center, as the plants will really seek the light, for those who doubted

the first 2 "real" leaves start to appear, I tested the transplanting of one of the most spun plants, in the same tray, it resumed without problem, so I wait for the release of the real leaves and I transplant everything that in individual pots, that will be the work of this week

at the same time I must solve the problem of lighting, because there in individual buckets the spot will be insufficient, I will try to face the glass door north in the kitchen, or in the mini greenhouse the day outside (s it does not freeze) and in the evening, but we are not going to be very high temperature, must find my thermometer mini-maxi : Mrgreen:

so between hot with little light or cold and brighter will have to choose : Mrgreen: good I already hear Didier and why not 50-50 Ok so it will be like that

I say cold without hesitation.

But uh ... plants of what by the way :?: :?: :?:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 10/03/19, 17:17

nico239 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:good, the use of the LED lamp has had the effect of stopping the growth of plants (they do not spin anymore) : Mrgreen: ), as it is a spot it is funny to see all the stems tighten towards the center, as the plants will really seek the light, for those who doubted

I say cold without hesitation.

But uh ... plants of what by the way :?: :?: :?:

cherry tomato plants : Mrgreen: I have a project for this summer, it's a cogite
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 10/03/19, 19:08

My faith above 5 I would say no soucy to leave them ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 10/03/19, 19:51

nico239 wrote:My faith above 5 I would say no soucy to leave them ...

I am in a self-sufficiency vegetable : Mrgreen: if so, I believe : Mrgreen: and on some seeds
I have been self-sufficient for years in shallots, and zucchini I would like to become in onion, garlic and salad

already this year I bought yellow and red onion seeds, so I will sow and harvest the small bulbs to plant for next year and the next step is the recovery of the seeds, for sowing the following years, therefore become autonomous on the purchase of yellow, red and white onion plants and have enough shallots for the consumption of the year and the plant for the following year

on the side of tomatoes I would like to test another method of preservation than freezing, the dried tomato flavored in jar with olive oil, and so I plan to plant a lot of cherry tomatoes, because it is an early tomato and productive and less sensitive

after my big challenge it is the salad, so planting endive, even dandelion, and all kinds of lettuce, escarole and others

and another point the zucchini, pumpkins, pumpkins, gherkins and cucumbers, even melon

so I start my sowing with tomatoes : Mrgreen: but there is a broad program behind
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 10/03/19, 21:22

Moindreffor wrote:
nico239 wrote:My faith above 5 I would say no soucy to leave them ...

I am in a self-sufficiency vegetable : Mrgreen: if so, I believe : Mrgreen: and on some seeds
I have been self-sufficient for years in shallots, and zucchini I would like to become in onion, garlic and salad

already this year I bought yellow and red onion seeds, so I will sow and harvest the small bulbs to plant for next year and the next step is the recovery of the seeds, for sowing the following years, therefore become autonomous on the purchase of yellow, red and white onion plants and have enough shallots for the consumption of the year and the plant for the following year

on the side of tomatoes I would like to test another method of preservation than freezing, the dried tomato flavored in jar with olive oil, and so I plan to plant a lot of cherry tomatoes, because it is an early tomato and productive and less sensitive

after my big challenge it is the salad, so planting endive, even dandelion, and all kinds of lettuce, escarole and others

and another point the zucchini, pumpkins, pumpkins, gherkins and cucumbers, even melon

so I start my sowing with tomatoes : Mrgreen: but there is a broad program behind

I can not say it is also our method: autonomy little by little, vegetable after vegetable
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/03/19, 21:23

Avant

After

and so, the rest will be out in the mini greenhouse during the day and in the night, 16 tomato cherry feet, in preparation, it may be a lot, but the surplus will surely find easily taker : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/03/19, 21:36

Impec ...

We calculate differently: 16 at the beginning 8 the arrival and we are happy ... : Mrgreen:

This is a bit of a constant constant among the potagéristes (the devil neologism) to think that 100 give 100 : Mrgreen:

And you still do 16, but some make 3 Image
0 x