My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Did67 » 03/02/19, 08:46

Yes. But I do not like. I remained "rebellious", and having bushy hair is part of that for me. Otherwise, I feel a little para - very little for me (even if today, it has become fashionable - especially via a few sportsmen whom I recall that it was a way of not having "traces" of doping that we found in hair analyzes!).

And then I absolutely have to "work" this shoulder, so "force" myself to raise my right arm as much as possible ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/02/19, 22:07

good here is buying shallots, yellow and red onions and garlic made, there is more to plant : Mrgreen:
I have a lot of ideas for the vegetable garden just need a little lenient time and just short time : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 06/02/19, 22:23

Moindreffor wrote:good here is buying shallots, yellow and red onions and garlic made, there is more to plant : Mrgreen:
I have a lot of ideas for the vegetable garden just need a little lenient time and just short time : Mrgreen:

Isn't it a little late for garlic?
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 07/02/19, 00:56

nico239 wrote:Isn't it a little late for garlic?
A little early you mean?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/02/19, 10:11

One and the other !

Late for fall garlic ...

Early for spring garlic ... Although alliaceae, like all bulbs, you put and they come out when they want ... It's just stagnant humidity that can be a problem ... So no risk if the land is sloping.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 07/02/19, 18:15

Did67 wrote:One and the other !

Late for fall garlic ...

Early for spring garlic ... Although alliaceae, like all bulbs, you put and they come out when they want ... It's just stagnant humidity that can be a problem ... So no risk if the land is sloping.

it is sloping, less marked on my small plot of vegetable garden but very sloping to descend to the river,
after I bought not yet planted : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 07/02/19, 18:30

This is one of the things that should not be left lying around:

a) garlic (bulbs in general) resists cold and comes out when it suits him ...

b) but the alliaceae remain sensitive to the length of the day (photoperiod); when it declines (from the end of June !!!), they tend to decline too; so if you plant too late, they don't catch up; they decline and will remain small (a distant legacy of their functioning as meadows plants having to make the whole cycle before mowing - or browsing; look at the narcissus and hyacinths, they grow while the grass does not move much, bloom , re-fill the bulbs and disappear once the grass rises; their cycle is done). With the selection, it is a little less marked for garlic, onion and shallots but they still have traces!

Don't be fooled by waiting too long!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 07/02/19, 18:39

Did67 wrote:This is one of the things that should not be left lying around:

b) but the alliaceae remain sensitive to the length of the day (photoperiod); when it declines (from the end of June !!!), they tend to decline too; so if you plant too late, they don't catch up; they decline and will remain small (a distant legacy of their functioning as meadows plants having to make the whole cycle before mowing - or browsing; look at the narcissus and hyacinths, they grow while the grass does not move much, bloom , re-fill the bulbs and disappear once the grass rises; their cycle is done). With the selection, it is a little less marked for garlic, onion and shallots but they still have traces!

I had already noted this in a corner, thank you for reminding me, but let's say that this is not the time that I get cold : Mrgreen: and there as it rains in addition to the cold it will wait, the son will be on vacation so I will be more available, I can then take advantage of the first window of good weather to plant it all : Mrgreen:
I planted my shallots in April before, like my onions, and I sometimes wondered why it didn't always work well : Mrgreen:
by covering it with hay, we still lose a little time, it has to pierce the hay, but after it's good, so last year I really had it all wrong : Mrgreen: bad plan, too late, not deep enough in the ground, hungry for nitrogen then drought on hay also too late
I can only do better
already I bought better plants, and I have time, so it should start better
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 07/02/19, 18:46

Did67 wrote:This is one of the things that should not be left lying around:

I also thank you for explaining why you have to plant early, and what you have to pay attention to, not like so many others who tell you to plant at such and such a period because that's how it is, I like to understand things, and so this way of explaining ourselves suits me very well, continue like this, it's great
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 07/02/19, 19:30

And watch out for the MOON !!!! (I'm talking about the others!). Lunar calendars remain absolute bestsellers!

2019-02-07_19h33_35 lune.png
2019-02-07_19h33_35 lune.png (456.22 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
0 x