My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Moindreffor » 05/08/20, 21:54

Doris wrote:But no, it's too late to come and eat at your place so, damn it, I needed something, I would have brought the eggs : Cheesy:

I am waiting for the eggplants and the red beets, and especially the tomatoes in numbers, I keep for ethylene : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 05/08/20, 23:03

Moindreffor wrote:
Doris wrote:But no, it's too late to come and eat at your place so, damn it, I needed something, I would have brought the eggs : Cheesy:

I am waiting for the eggplants and the red beets, and especially the tomatoes in numbers, I keep for ethylene : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

So I bring eggs, tomatoes, and what else? Make me the list :D
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/08/20, 12:41

Doris wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:

So I bring eggs, tomatoes, and what else? Make me the list :D

what to drink with nice people in your corner? : Mrgreen: I'm not too much beer : Mrgreen: a light and fruity little wine ...
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 06/08/20, 13:21

You're lucky, it's not too much of a beer sector here, nice little wines, fruity and light, as we like them in summer, and which go well with the crudités from the vegetable garden of the lazy, there are some Chalosse, in the Gers, in the Basque Country, in the Béarn ....... You are spoiled for choice : Lol:
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/08/20, 18:45

Doris wrote:You're lucky, it's not too much of a beer sector here, nice little wines, fruity and light, as we like them in summer, and which go well with the crudités from the vegetable garden of the lazy, there are some Chalosse, in the Gers, in the Basque Country, in the Béarn ....... You are spoiled for choice : Lol:

a corner to visit then, I have not yet done this corner of France, I stayed a little below Royan, good a pilgrimage to Lourdes but that does not count as a tourist and gastronomic visit
0 x
(of me)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/08/20, 12:35

For Moindreffor, I am copying here a post published on "Le Potager du super-laesseux dans le 04", to be sure that you see it:

by sicetaitsimple »07/08/20, 12:17 PM

Moindreffor wrote:
Note for my watering coach, with that, I water with pleasure and without fatigue, just the hose a little too short, I have to buy an extension to go to the end of the garden : Mrgreen: I put a good layer of it in the onions, but the poor are my dog's delight eating the leaves, and the birds have covered another part, so I don't rely on the yields to draw conclusions, but on the size of a few bulbs, the red ones seem to have suffered less

Perfect!
But be careful with your dog, the onion is poisonous:

https://www.fregis.com/urgence/intoxica ... aux-chien /

and loads of other sources, I took this one at random.

Edit: the copied / pasted corrupted the source. It's this one:
https://www.fregis.com/urgence/intoxica ... aux-chien/
1 x
MadameOurs
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MadameOurs » 07/08/20, 13:18

sicetaitsimple wrote:For Moindreffor, I am copying here a post published on "Le Potager du super-laesseux dans le 04", to be sure that you see it:

by sicetaitsimple »07/08/20, 12:17 PM

Moindreffor wrote:
Note for my watering coach, with that, I water with pleasure and without fatigue, just the hose a little too short, I have to buy an extension to go to the end of the garden : Mrgreen: I put a good layer of it in the onions, but the poor are my dog's delight eating the leaves, and the birds have covered another part, so I don't rely on the yields to draw conclusions, but on the size of a few bulbs, the red ones seem to have suffered less

Perfect!

https://www.fregis.com/urgence/intoxica ... aux-chien /

and loads of other sources, I took this one at random.

Edit: the copied / pasted corrupted the source. It's this one:
https://www.fregis.com/urgence/intoxica ... aux-chien/

So that's a surprise, I had no idea, thanks for my dog : Wink:
0 x
Today there is dessert.
Did67

by Did67 » 07/08/20, 13:53

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Perfect!

I am wary of "inbred" news - false news (like "spinach is high in iron") repeated everywhere, without verification.

I cross-reference with sources that are a priori non-consanguineous, more reliable. For toxicity, official poison control centers are references.

The onion / shallot info (which I didn't know about) is reliable: http://www.apsana.info/intoxications/jardinNR.htm

[Note that this questions the validity of toxicity tests of all kinds carried out on animals and extrapolated to humans - of course, in the other direction: it is not toxic on rabbits, or monkeys or pigs, so it is not in humans at the same dose / kg bodyweight. This is the basic assumption. Even if we then apply 10 factors!]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/08/20, 14:01

Once the document is open, go to the letter A, to find out that Aloes are "Very toxic by ingestion" for dogs, cats, small mammals and birds !!!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/08/20, 14:53

Did67 wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
Perfect!

I am wary of "inbred" news - false news (like "spinach is high in iron") repeated everywhere, without verification.

I cross-reference with sources that are a priori non-consanguineous, more reliable. For toxicity, official poison control centers are references.

The onion / shallot info (which I didn't know about) is reliable: http://www.apsana.info/intoxications/jardinNR.htm

Uuuhhh?

Would you be the only one who can provide reliable sources, or the only one who can validate that they are?
Be careful, the "big melon" is watching you!
No hard feelings.
0 x