My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Moindreffor » 16/05/20, 21:11

the tomatoes have arrived
I check the weather and we will see if I plant them in the vegetable patch or not : Mrgreen:
the frostbite at the start of the week at my house also hit the strawberries, I even have the very young leaves of a bramble that went through it, like what surprised more than one
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 17/05/20, 07:53

No frost this year here in early May, last year there were. In the Landes it is rare all the same. At this moment the vegetable garden is recovering from the flood of May 11, the soil is full of water under the hay. I did not have any damage, nor hail, nor nothing, but inside the grounds, it is not the same music: flow or cracks of ground, the ground is clay.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 17/05/20, 08:46

Yesterday morning, + 1 °. This morning + 2 ° C. The minima go up slowly ...

But today, I also believe that everyone who squats my living room will go out ... We should still gain one or two degrees!

Damage to strawberry flowers and even berries: black!

But on raspberries: flowers located higher, perhaps less sensitive?

Damage on the regrowth of an ash tree (pruned in the background to make BRF) and on the vine (table grapes) ... Potato (my test of replanted germs in particular): roasted.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/05/20, 11:46

take a look at the weather, give a good window so I think we can go, but let's not be too hasty
it's going to be 6 by 6 not all the same day
on the other hand I will transplant the endives, my red beets and some lettuces which were kind enough to grow, that is more tolerant,

more annoying the glance on the weather indicates no rain before May 29, and it is the end of the forecast, so who knows if it will not last again

once the tomatoes are in the ground I will try to order eggplants, peppers, squash and pumpkin, not too much work the same day
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 17/05/20, 15:03

In recent days, large days of vegetable gardens, once the soil is a little drier. I always said, if one day I have a problem of unemployment or other I enlarge the vegetable garden, promise kept. Partial unemployment and prolonged confinement, I more than tripled, I did things I never would have tried, and it works. I launched myself into leeks and celery, transplanted today. Beetroot and cabbage are launched. I launched a test of endive sowing in terrine, we will see. The summer vegetable crops are almost in place. To be continued.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/05/20, 21:58

Doris wrote:In recent days, large days of vegetable gardens, once the soil is a little drier. I always said, if one day I have a problem of unemployment or other I enlarge the vegetable garden, promise kept. Partial unemployment and prolonged confinement, I more than tripled, I did things I never would have tried, and it works. I launched myself into leeks and celery, transplanted today. Beetroot and cabbage are launched. I launched a test of endive sowing in terrine, we will see. The summer vegetable crops are almost in place. To be continued.

it's not laziness there
I just transplanted my 6 feet of Monfavet, could not drive the stakes as easily as last year, but still after all this rainless time when I dug to plant the tomatoes, the ground is still wet under the hay 1 or 2 cm from the surface and yet the hay there is almost no more, I will reload after the tomatoes start, suddenly I did not water
0 x
(of me)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/05/20, 22:05

Moindreffor wrote: so I did not water

In my humble opinion a mistake, not that your tomatoes necessarily really need water, but just to immediately achieve a "seal" between your buckets and your soil.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/05/20, 22:22

sicetaitsimple wrote:

In my humble opinion a mistake, not that your tomatoes necessarily really need water, but just to immediately achieve a "seal" between your buckets and your soil.

the pots were freshly watered, so a very moist soil, and I pack the soil well, we will see, I will water at the first sign of wilting, these are feet that I was given therefore feet that have not absolutely not late or expected, just sown and transplanted in pots at the right time

I prefer not to water too much to force a little root development, we are announcing possible rains Thursday or Friday, so here it is!
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 17/05/20, 22:56

sicetaitsimple wrote:

I never water (the soil is always sufficiently moist during this period). But I "lead" well ... I just filmed that today, with as "proof" a plant "flagada" (forgetting to water during his stay in the living room because of "St de glace"), put in the ground like that; I film him tomorrow, certain that he will be "up".

I am convinced that the more we water and the more we fertilize, the less the plant will "give" the chemical signals allowing the roots-glomeromycetes meeting, therefore the rapid formation of mycorrhizae ...

For P, soil contents of the order of 150 ppm (150 mg P / kg of soil) inhibits mycorrhization ... There, it is proven.

For water, this is only a conviction on my part.

Have you ever thrown too many plants and found them rooted a few days later?
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 17/05/20, 23:05

Moindreffor wrote:
Doris wrote:In recent days, large days of vegetable gardens, once the soil is a little drier. I always said, if one day I have a problem of unemployment or other I enlarge the vegetable garden, promise kept. Partial unemployment and prolonged confinement, I more than tripled, I did things I never would have tried, and it works. I launched myself into leeks and celery, transplanted today. Beetroot and cabbage are launched. I launched a test of endive sowing in terrine, we will see. The summer vegetable crops are almost in place. To be continued.

it's not laziness there

It's going there in the Landes, but don't worry, I'm in cool mode : Cheesy:
0 x
Edmond Rostand