Mini forest

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Mini forest

by VetusLignum » 05/11/19, 21:30

Moindreffor wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:Too many deer are mainly due to the low hunting rights granted to hunters, but hunters do not decide how much deer or deer should be harvested.

This is mainly because hunters feed wild animals during the winter.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agrainage

yes, they feed, but if we gave them the right to slaughter more they could regulate, we authorize the feeding which increases the populations, but we do not give slaughter rights as a result and in the price of rights of hunting we include the damage of big game to farmers, agrainage having to keep the big game in the forest instead of causing damage in the plains and like any "good" idea it sometimes turns out or even often rather "bad" I tell you grant it
the hunters do not decide everything in this case, we should move elsewhere also to find responsible

every winter people are encouraged to feed birds and other garden dwellers

I believe that hunters will feed the game voluntarily, so that there will be more during the hunting season.

We consider that hunters are responsible for the explosion of the wild boar population. The population has increased because of the development of a business hunt. The development of practices such as agrainage, which consists of practically feeding the animals daily, has led to the population explosion. These better feeding conditions have increased the fertility of the lays that become sexually mature earlier. In addition, their litters are larger and the mortality rate of newborns decreases. On the other hand, the hunting instructions given by some hunters' associations recommend killing males preferentially and avoiding females. Hunters are sometimes subject to fines if they kill females. In addition, the boar has no predator other than Man.

The agrainage practices were developed to ensure the presence of game during hunting periods. The cost of hunting, including compensation for farmers, has increased over the years. Some associations thus need to appeal to more and more non-local hunters with financial means superior to local hunters. However, these hunters are not faithful to an association and migrate where the game is. To retain their loyalty, the associations must therefore guarantee a quantity of game to be hunted per year. A ring today costs 70 €, price set by the Federation of hunters, at the expense of hunters associations.

https://www.terre-net.fr/actualite-agri ... 54690.html
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/11/19, 21:31

GuyGadebois wrote:In my home, the wild boars are fed in the great outdoors with a silo and a feeder. As for the partridges and pheasants with a little bread and a good "little one", we could have them with stones! However I am in 04 and what I am telling is the fact of the local hunters. Pillars of bar, besides, some of which have children who poach and make boxes on cats ... With hunters it's like any category of the population: 90% assholes and 10% "other" and in the "others", there are still 90% of assholes, which means that I don't see the future in pink ...

you agree on the substance, there you speak of the hunters of the populace, I would like to be more optimistic than you on the ratio, but the scales lean clearly for the bad hunters I grant you

for large hunts, the territories are managed by hunting guards who are more and more graduates bac + 2 often in collaboration with forest managers it is immediately another world
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/11/19, 21:37

VetusLignum wrote:I believe that hunters will feed the game voluntarily, so that there will be more during the hunting season.

I have never said the opposite, it's part of the management
as a breeder feeds his beasts in winter when they can not go to the meadow, he does it too to have more beautiful animals to drive to the market, same objective

but if it were enough to feed to see the population of wild animals explode, it would be known, as a member of the LPO, I can tell you that feeding in winter is one of the points to support the passerine populations , but it is far from being the most important in the eyes of the LPO, so what is valid for a blackbird or a tit is also for a wild boar ...
0 x
(of me)
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 05/11/19, 21:42

Moindreffor wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:I believe that hunters will feed the game voluntarily, so that there will be more during the hunting season.

but if it were enough to feed to see explode the population of the wildlife, it would be known ,.

it is known
https://www.sudouest.fr/2018/08/30/prol ... 1-4739.php
https://martinballuch.com/jaeger-und-fo ... -der-jagd/
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 05/11/19, 22:10

Moindreffor wrote:

as a breeder feeds his beasts in winter when they can not go to the meadow, he does it too to have more beautiful animals to drive to the market, same objective

but if it were enough to feed to see the population of wild animals explode, it would be known, as a member of the LPO, I can tell you that feeding in winter is one of the points to support the passerine populations , but it is far from being the most important in the eyes of the LPO, so what is valid for a blackbird or a tit is also for a wild boar ...

Except that wild boars and ungulates are overcrowded. There are countless car accidents (personally my 3 last cars were entitled to wild boars), looting of gardens, crop destruction, looting of garbage generated by these hordes that have multiplied exponentially in recent years. Feeding certainly did not help things.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/11/19, 22:24

VetusLignum wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:

but if it were enough to feed to see explode the population of the wildlife, it would be known ,.

it is known

Ben explains this to the LPO, they look silly they can not get back the bird populations yet how many people feed the birds? because apparently feeding alone would be the key

it is obvious that the feeding is a lever to increase the populations, I just wanted to tell you that it is not the only one, one needs others, but obviously one retains only this one, since one does not does not want to believe that hunters can take ecological actions for wildlife, an animal has other needs than food
Last edited by Moindreffor the 05 / 11 / 19, 22: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/11/19, 22:27

GuyGadebois wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:

Except that wild boars and ungulates are overcrowded. There are countless car accidents (personally my 3 last cars were entitled to wild boars), looting of gardens, crop destruction, looting of garbage generated by these hordes that have multiplied exponentially in recent years. Feeding certainly did not help things.

quite done, each one of its side feeds to attract, but it was considered that it needed a certain surface to be able to shoot and so to shoot a single boar we feed all the horde, it's silly but it's like that, the populace who wants the privilege of the bourgeois and we find ourselves overpopulated wild boars in the lowlands, while they should not leave their forests

it is also the other side of the coin, we bring food, shelters, better survival conditions, where the animal should not be, for that the hunters know to be good ecologists
Last edited by Moindreffor the 05 / 11 / 19, 22: 34, 1 edited once.
0 x
(of me)
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 05/11/19, 22:33

Moindreffor wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:but if it were enough to feed to see explode the population of the wildlife, it would be known ,.

it is known

Ben explains this to the LPO, they look silly they can not get back the bird populations yet how many people feed the birds? because apparently feeding alone would be the key

it is obvious that the feeding is a lever to increase the populations, I just wanted to tell you that it is not the only one, one needs others, but obviously one retains only this one, since one does not does not want to believe that hunters can take ecological actions for wildlife, an animal has other needs than food

I am mainly talking about wild boars and deer; birds, that's another debate.
If the subject interests you, there are several chapters on it in this book:

This is not the book of the century, but the issue of feeding wild animals (including birds) is well treated.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/11/19, 22:40

VetusLignum wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:

I am mainly talking about wild boars and deer; birds, that's another debate.
If the subject interests you, there are several chapters on it in this book:

This is not the book of the century, but the issue of feeding wild animals (including birds) is well treated.

we should not have to feed wild animals
we are here in the same problematic as our kitchen garden, if we maintain the living of our garden we do not need to work the soil
if we maintain the living of a space we do not have to feed the animals
I say that feeding wild boars is an idiocy we feed a horde to be able to shoot a single animal, but it is not only feed, it also improves the habitat to just perpetuate this horde, but as we do not take enough, it is quickly overcrowded

ecological knowledge can bring an animal where it should not be, it's a shame
0 x
(of me)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 05/11/19, 23:02

Moindreffor wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:but if it were enough to feed to see explode the population of the wildlife, it would be known ,.

it is known

Yes for birds because:
In gardens, predation by the cat is the leading cause of bird mortality (26%), in the face of deadly window damage (22%). In the wild, it falls in second place (13%), far behind the hunters (40%) but in front of collisions (10%) ....
.... "These raw numbers are to be qualified according to the species," he adds. Thus in the gardens, robin (35% of reported cases of mortality), mouchet (15%) and blackbird (10%) accentuator are the preferred victims of the ambushing cat ...
63 species disappeared because of the cat

For the Australian ecologist Tim Doherty of the University of Deakin, the cat is, after the rat, the invasive species most responsible for loss of biodiversity, especially on the islands where, once introduced, it is only a mouthful of naive endemic species.
His works, published in the journal of the American Academy of Sciences (PNAS) in September 2016, conclude to 430 species of mammals, birds and reptiles in the process of extinction because of the cat, already responsible for the disappearance of 63 species in over the centuries.
https://www.la-croix.com/Sciences-et-et ... 1200916796
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)