The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by GuyGadebois » 10/03/20, 14:08

Did67 wrote:Is a brain grafted? I envy its 5 stars too!

As long as it's not her fake boobs, it's fine ... : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Did67

by Did67 » 10/03/20, 14:41

Will I know if I'm not ready for anything to sell ??? Make the dredge-queen in the PP, well, a concept!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 10/03/20, 15:36

Did67 wrote:Will I know if I'm not ready for anything to sell ??? Make the dredge-queen in the PP, well, a concept!

If it is with a feather on my ass, I sign! : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/03/20, 11:56

Well, we can already pre-order Didier's new book on Amazon:

51ixKXrWKqL._SX383_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51ixKXrWKqL._SX383_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (35.34 KB) Viewed 1429 times

By cons it seems as big as the other 2 ... even more:

Product details

Paperback: 368 pages

Why (and to bounce back on the last 2 negative comments that you had Didier) not to have made a quick guide of 50 to 60 pages? As many have suggested since the publication of the first version above (by me among others) ... don't forget that people are running out of time: they are too much on youtube and facebook! : Cheesy:

But I think I understand that it will be much more illustrated than the other 2? Which should alleviate it all the same ...
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 14/03/20, 13:59

Christophe wrote:But I think I understand that it will be much more illustrated than the other 2?

Oh no ! in this case I will not buy it!

I want my money's worth, not a picture book! : Cheesy: : Wink:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/03/20, 14:09

Ah, I had not seen !!!

So a quick point:

a) Yes, it is illustrated with about 500 or 600 photos (I worked with a photographer friend; he was the one who kept the count, made some of the photos - another part is mine, took them all "processed" ...).

b) But it is still significantly longer than the other - in terms of "signs", roughly double!

C) And that, because I can't write anything else !!!

I can only do one thing: explain mechanisms. Say "do this, like that!" is something that strikes me deep inside. Who would I be to tell you what you must do, in your situation, according to your desires ??? I have nothing to order you. I can give you, offer, lend (or as regards the book, sell not too expensive!) A certain number of knowledge, observations, conclusions to which I arrived (at the moment t). You will take what interests you ...

To please is not an objective. Well, not mine ... I prefer to bring something to 10 people rather than being read and believed bigotly (and stupidly) by 1. An ethical choice. Clearly: I have neither the ambition to die famous, nor the desire to die rich! It seems to me that I will not digest my death well!

My objective: to explain, to open eyes, to free shackles, fashions, unique thoughts, "we have always done this ...", "I have been told that this works ..." (read well the subtitle, it sums up my state of mind). I had to face the pressure of my editor but am delighted to have found the support of mine (who took a considerable risk to accompany me on this path) ...

Here in summary. Of course, I hope that there will be enough intelligent, curious people to have at least a success of esteem (and not that my editor takes the hot water!).
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/03/20, 14:10

Well I already said it above and as of the publication and reading of the first version of the book: simplifying the editorial approach would make the technique much more democratic and would reach many more people ... children and teenagers for example ...

Because it must be said that there is a sacred paradox: having to read nearly 400 pages for lazy people is already a sacred effort!

The world 2020 is in a hurry, it is necessary immediately *: 400 pages puts off a good number of gardener ... a guide of 50 to 100 illustrated pages would be an approach which would allow to reach a wider audience ... schools by example, you were in teaching Didier, you must understand what I mean!

* well we are going to have a little moment of respite thanks to the corona!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/03/20, 14:14

Christophe wrote: ... and to bounce back on the last 2 negative comments that you had Didier ... don't forget that people are running out of time: they are too many on youtube and facebook!

1) These are not two comments as poor as they will change me! On the contrary !!!! These people have a choice: there is no shortage of mediocre guides!

2) People who don't have time, it's "dead" anyway. They don't read anymore. And content themselves with videos in 3 minutes, twitt (with contributions as subtle as those of a Trump!) ... I can nothing for them. I am not responsible for their stupidity. But above all, I will not lower myself to this level of "absolute non-reflection". The nothingness of human civilization, at my age ??? Do I have Covid-21, that of the brain?
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/03/20, 14:22

Christophe wrote:Well I already said it above and as of the publication and reading of the first version of the book: simplifying the editorial approach would make the technique much more democratic and would reach many more people ... children and teenagers for example ...

Because it must be said that there is a sacred paradox: having to read nearly 400 pages for lazy people is already a sacred effort!

The world 2020 is in a hurry, it is necessary immediately *: 400 pages puts off a good number of gardener ... a guide of 50 to 100 illustrated pages would be an approach which would allow to reach a wider audience ... schools by example, you were in teaching Didier, you must understand what I mean!

You don't have to read 400 pages. There are different levels. It's structured. There are "boxes", with different codes ("scratches" - questioning of preconceived ideas; "it's a fact" with unstoppable statistical data, etc ...). Certain aspects are treated by "step by step" (succession of images explaining for example how to put the hay, how to appreciate the ground, etc ...) ... There are plenty of things that you can initially jump ... And maybe one day it annoys you ("what is a fertilizer unit?"). There are tables (exports of mineral elements from the main vegetable crops) ... Etc ... Etc ...

In my head, it's a book that accompanies you for 10 years of trial and error in your vegetable patch. It's only 40 pages a year ...

It's a decoy to think that in 40 pages you can explain a system as complex as a "vegetable garden based on living soil" ... You simplify it so much that in the end, you don't know much more!

That's my belief.

Okay, the presses are spinning. I'm not going to change anything. The audience, we will see - in the long term (the first is still regularly in the hit parade of head of sales, where an Elie Semoun made a furtive appearance over 3 or 4 weeks; and many others ... This shows that there is background work and surfing a wave).
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/03/20, 14:29

Did67 wrote:Ah, I had not seen !!!

So a quick point:

a) Yes, it is illustrated with about 500 or 600 photos (I worked with a photographer friend; he was the one who kept the count, made some of the photos - another part is mine, took them all "processed" ...).

b) But it is still significantly longer than the other - in terms of "signs", roughly double !.

How is it possible to have significantly more signs and add 500 to 600 photos at the same time in a number of similar total pages ?? : Shock:

Did67 wrote:C) And that, because I can't write anything else !!!

I can only do one thing: explain mechanisms. Say "do this, like that!" is something that strikes me deep inside. Who would I be to tell you what you must do, in your situation, according to your desires ??? I have nothing to order you. I can give you, offer, lend (or as regards the book, sell not too expensive!) A certain number of knowledge, observations, conclusions to which I arrived (at the moment t). You will take what interests you ....

The mechanisms were explained in the first 2 books: why say it all in detail? References and references would have been enough ...

A general public book that explains how to improve your driving to win races does not (necessarily) go into the technical details of the engine or chassis. We do not talk about advance injection, injection diagram, combustion temperature, camber or pinching ...

Did67 wrote:To please is not an objective. Well, not mine ... I prefer to bring something to 10 people rather than being read and believed bigotly (and stupidly) by 1. An ethical choice. Clearly: I have neither the ambition to die famous, nor the desire to die rich! It seems to me that I will not digest my death well!

Well, you still spend a large part of your time on the roads to lecture often away from home.
So you're still trying to democratize the technique and you're absolutely right to want it!

Did67 wrote:My goal: to explain, to open my eyes, to release shackles, fashions, unique thoughts, "we've always done it like that ...", "I've been told that this works ..." (read the subtitle well, it sums up my state of mind).

Ah yes and it reminds me of someone, vaguely : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I believe that all econologists all have more or less this somewhat rebellious side! And so much the better because the world will only be saved (changed) by rebels (to the system) ...

Besides, if we go further: any innovation is a form of rebellion and non-acceptance, towards the existing!

Did67 wrote:I had to face pressure from my editor but am delighted to have found the support of mine (who took a considerable risk to accompany me on this path) ...

I don't quite understand what you mean ??

Did67 wrote:Here in summary. Of course, I hope that there will be enough intelligent, curious people to have at least a success of esteem (and not that my editor takes the hot water!).

Well the success of esteem it's been a long time since you have it !! Here, on youtube, on amazon ... It's already good! No?
0 x