Destruction of biodiversity for the sake of cleanliness

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Destruction of biodiversity for the sake of cleanliness

by izentrop » 24/06/19, 19:11

Moindreffor wrote: by comparison the protected meadows on the sides of Didier, are always productive despite a mowing ...
Subject to being amended. https://comifer.asso.fr/images/pdf/Tabl ... RAIRIE.pdf

Sheep or cattle deposit a contribution in exchange.
A clearcut that is not offset by an amendment will eventually reduce production.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/06/19, 19:17

I agree with the contribution ofIzentrop. Likewise, Did speaks well of a horizontal transfer of fertility, which implies that what is more in the garden is (if we can say!) less in the meadow ...
The next time I meet a rustinologist, I will not fail to ask him for clarification ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/06/19, 19:26

izentrop wrote:
Moindreffor wrote: by comparison the protected meadows on the sides of Didier, are always productive despite a mowing ...
Subject to being amended. https://comifer.asso.fr/images/pdf/Tabl ... RAIRIE.pdf

Sheep or cattle deposit a contribution in exchange.
A clearcut that is not offset by an amendment will eventually reduce production.

just not sometimes we must mow because the grazing of animals is no longer done, we protect some meadows by replacing the animals with a mower to save some plants that need this mowing
and there we can not actually leave the grass mowed on the spot because of the cycle of vegetation of the plants that we want to save
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 25/06/19, 00:47

I think I completely lost the sense of this discussion!
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 25/06/19, 11:20

to be chafoin wrote:I think I completely lost the sense of this discussion!

Yes, at the beginning, I was saying that we had to stop crushing the sides and some wild areas to the point of protecting biodiversity.
Someone said that if we did that, the thistle would grow.
From there, there was a discussion about the fight against the thistle, and in one connection, it was said that we had to remove the crushed grass so that the land becomes poorer (and therefore, less favorable to thistles), which left most of us skeptical.
I said that if we let it go, the thistle should be dominated by other plants.
In short, when we speak only of biodiversity, I am shocked to always see so much nature destroyed, especially along roads or paths. That one cleans on 1 meter of width for the security, I want well; but often, in practice, it goes further.
In our minds there is an obsession for cleanliness that will one day be necessary to understand that it is harmful for the environment and for us.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/19, 12:02

I have not read everything and you may have already spoken but a good compromise (which does not degrade the value of the land and allows biodiversity ... hey, people are stupid so must adapt) ... seems to me to be the solution of islands of biodiversity...

In other words: mow while leaving wild places.

I'll do some pictures of mine (must first that I tonde ... pfff)
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 25/06/19, 12:23

VetusLignum wrote:
Yes, at the beginning, I was saying that we had to stop crushing the sides and some wild areas to the point of protecting biodiversity.
I said that if we let it go, the thistle should be dominated by other plants ....

I understand that you wanted to summarize! But since I was the one who mentioned the thistle, I didn't say "if we did that, the thistle would grow", But ".Attention, there may still be some imperatives, for example the fight against the spread of the thistle, which impose these mowing.". It's still a little different! In no case do I promote the systematic mowing of everything that grows wild!

As for the thistle that should be dominated by leaving, there I still have some doubts.
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 25/06/19, 12:28

sicetaitsimple wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:
I said that if we let it go, the thistle should be dominated by other plants ....

I understand that you wanted to summarize! But since I was the one who mentioned the thistle, I didn't say "if we did that, the thistle would grow", But ".Attention, there may still be some imperatives, for example the fight against the spread of the thistle, which impose these mowing.". It's still a little different! In no case do I promote the systematic mowing of everything that grows wild!

As for the thistle that should be dominated by leaving, there I still have some doubts.

I think I was not so bad summary.
Could you elaborate on your opinion about the thistle?
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 25/06/19, 12:34

Christophe wrote:I have not read everything and you may have already spoken but a good compromise (which does not degrade the value of the land and allows biodiversity ... hey, people are stupid so must adapt) ... seems to me to be the solution of islands of biodiversity...

In other words: mow while leaving wild places.

I'll do some pictures of mine (must first that I tonde ... pfff)

It would probably be better than nothing.
The question I ask myself is: with whom are we making a compromise? Who exactly wants everything to be crushed? And why is it blocking?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/06/19, 12:40

Another question: what will be the proportion between "islands" and the rest? The concept of reserve is still very problematic ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."